The Death of BOTH Sweetrobin AND Harry the Heir

Mithras

LF spent a good deal of time to explain why Harry is the heir of the Vale if (when according to him) Sweetrobin dies.

Yes but he neglected to tell who the immediate heir will be after both SR and HtH die.

Probably because there is none.

I think there will be several distant claims to the Seat of Arryn if SR and HtH die, but the crown has the authority to decide the matter and LF is hoping that he would have the seat of Arryn in his own name.

“I had to know. What will happen in a year?”

He put down his quill. “Redfort and Waynwood are old. One or both of them may die. Gilwood Hunter will be murdered by his brothers. Most likely by young Harlan, who arranged Lord Eon’s death. In for a penny, in for a stag, I always say. Belmore is corrupt and can be bought. Templeton I shall befriend. Bronze Yohn Royce will continue to be hostile, I fear, but so long as he stands alone he is not so much a threat.”

“And Ser Lyn Corbray?”

The candlelight was dancing in his eyes. “Ser Lyn will remain my implacable enemy. He will speak of me with scorn and loathing to every man he meets, and lend his sword to every secret plot to bring me down.”

This looks like LF is destroying every opposition to his rule and if the crown gives him the Arryn seat, no significant lord will object to him according to him.

That is one of the reasons why I think Sansa-HtH marriage is a ploy designed to misguide and stall Sansa. LF is planning to kill HtH too and he wants Sansa for his own pleasure.

How would LF manage to use his bastard daughter for his own pleasure, with the taboos against incest(unless he reveals Sansa, which is idiotic beyond belief)?

This is too true, if LF doesn't reveal Sansa, he can't marry her and take the Arryn's seat(which i think is his plan), and if he reveals Sansa then the Crown will never give him Arryn's seat for his betrayal.

Bronze Yohn Royce would rather watch his house turn to dust then let a low born cunt like LF take the Eyrie the seat of house Aryn I refuse to believe all but a few houses of the Vale stand for it either. Remember there are still Aryns in Gulltown they are the rightful lords if HTH dies.

Actually, the Arryns in Gulltown are still lower in succession than any house House Arryn happened to marry into after they split off. Harry the Heir is all that remains of Jasper Arryn's offshoots, so to figure out the next in line, you'd have to go into Jasper Arryn's brothers, then sisters, and after going through all of their possible progeny (if there are any such siblings and such siblings had children), you'd just have to go up the chain again to Jasper Arryn's uncles and aunts.

There's a reason why they keep Maesters around! To keep ridiculously long and complex lists of family.

So, Harry the Heir's death would cause chaos, but at the same time the Vale Lords would rather go to the effort of finding some random Arryn descendant so long as he/she is the right one. House names don't really mean anything. Harry the Heir is descended from a Waynewood and Hardying anyway.

LF spent a good deal of time to explain why Harry is the heir of the Vale if (when according to him) Sweetrobin dies.

Yes but he neglected to tell who the immediate heir will be after both SR and HtH die.

Probably because there is none.

I think there will be several distant claims to the Seat of Arryn if SR and HtH die, but the crown has the authority to decide the matter and LF is hoping that he would have the seat of Arryn in his own name.

“I had to know. What will happen in a year?”

He put down his quill. “Redfort and Waynwood are old. One or both of them may die. Gilwood Hunter will be murdered by his brothers. Most likely by young Harlan, who arranged Lord Eon’s death. In for a penny, in for a stag, I always say. Belmore is corrupt and can be bought. Templeton I shall befriend. Bronze Yohn Royce will continue to be hostile, I fear, but so long as he stands alone he is not so much a threat.”

“And Ser Lyn Corbray?”

The candlelight was dancing in his eyes. “Ser Lyn will remain my implacable enemy. He will speak of me with scorn and loathing to every man he meets, and lend his sword to every secret plot to bring me down.”

This looks like LF is destroying every opposition to his rule and if the crown gives him the Arryn seat, no significant lord will object to him according to him.

That is one of the reasons why I think Sansa-HtH marriage is a ploy designed to misguide and stall Sansa. LF is planning to kill HtH too and he wants Sansa for his own pleasure.

Their is a heir, who ever married a arryn last. Baelish is as common born as you get, no one is going to seat him anywhere, if Harry and Robert dies, his ass hits the grass.

Bronze Yohn Royce would rather watch his house turn to dust then let a low born cunt like LF take the Eyrie the seat of house Aryn I refuse to believe all but a few houses of the Vale stand for it either. Remember there are still Aryns in Gulltown they are the rightful lords if HTH dies.

As LF said, he would not be much of a threat as long as he is alone. In any case, LF has the full support of other Royces. Yohn would only commit suicide if he rebels against his liege and the IT alone.

Gulltown Arryns are not regarded well and theirs might be one of the distant claims but the IT would give the Seat of Arryn to their loyal pet LF, just like they gave Harrenhal to him, although he had no claim to Harrenhal neither.

How would LF manage to use his bastard daughter for his own pleasure, with the taboos against incest(unless he reveals Sansa, which is idiotic beyond belief)?

LF will defy the IT when the time is ripe and the Lannister/Tyrell alliance is over. Noone will be in a position to dictate anything to the Vale. At that point, LF will reveal that Alayne is Sansa and all he did he did to protect her.

usually the crown would decide over distant claims, yes. But you are talking about awarding Petyr when he has NO-Claim

of course this is Cersei we are talking about (are we?), anything can happen, but i find it unlikely.

Harrenhal

Their is a heir, who ever married a arryn last. Baelish is as common born as you get, no one is going to seat him anywhere, if Harry and Robert dies, his ass hits the grass.

That would be a distant claim.

May I remind you why the Tyrells sit on Highgarden although Florents had a better claim than them?

May I also remind you why the crown gave the Harrenhal to LF although he had no claim to Harrenhal and he was not even from Riverlands?

Gulltown Arryns are not regarded well and theirs might be one of the distant claims but the IT would give the Seat of Arryn to their loyal pet LF, just like they gave Harrenhal to him, although he had no claim to Harrenhal neither.

I don't think they would want to give one man dominion over the Vale and the Riverlands

I don't think they would want to give one man dominion over the Vale and the Riverlands

LF is not one man. As he proved multiple times, Cersei considers him as a loyal Lannister pet. Within such dire conditions, Cersei needs such men, not haughty Vale Lords with questionable loyalty.

And the only real claim for Harrenhall were the Harren's who have been extinct for years, so Harrenhall can really be given to whoever the throne or current paramount of the Riverlands want. But when you talk about the Vale, the Arryn's used to be kings there, handing it over to some lowborn with no claim probably wouldn't sit to well with many of the lords, except the ones he can bribe.

LF is not one man. As he proved multiple times, Cersei considers him as a loyal Lannister pet. Within such dire conditions, Cersei needs such men, not haughty Vale Lords with questionable loyalty.

He is just one man, unless your saying he's an Other or COTH?

That would be a distant claim.

May I remind you why the Tyrells sit on Highgarden although Florents had a better claim than them?

May I also remind you why the crown gave the Harrenhal to LF although he had no claim to Harrenhal and he was not even from Riverlands?

A whole lot better then none.

Because they appeased the monarchy, not planning to rebel like Baelish.

And the only real claim for Harrenhall were the Harren's who have been extinct for years, so Harrenhall can really be given to whoever the throne or current paramount of the Riverlands want. But when you talk about the Vale, the Arryn's used to be kings there, handing it over to some lowborn with no claim probably wouldn't sit to well with many of the lords, except the ones he can bribe.

this is a good point.. the counter argument would be Brightwater keep.. not great lords, but certainly and old house.

Archived