The Death of BOTH Sweetrobin AND Harry the Heir

Mithras

Yes there is, from Littlefinger himself

"Jon Arryn's bannermen will never love me"

But they love gold, boys, titles etc.

Gods forbid they glimpse me so near the seat of the Arryns. They may think that I mean to sit on it. Cheeks born so low as mine should never aspire to such lofty cushions.

Which is another piece of evidence in which LF hides his true intentions.

But they love gold, boys, titles etc.

Enough to Crown him their Overlord and go war for him? I think not.

Six of them were prepared to kick him out of the Vale by force only a short time ago, to think they would do a complete 180 and make him their Lord is ridiculous. He knows it as well, that is why he is trying to have Sansa marry Harry.

Enough to Crown him their Overlord and go war for him? I think not.

But I think it is. Agree to disagree then.

Six of them were prepared to kick him out of the Vale by force only a short time ago, to think they would do a complete 180 and make him their Lord is ridiculous. He knows it as well, that is why he is trying to have Sansa marry Harry.

How are those 6 Lords right now? I will not respond to you until you read the quote in the OP and prove that you understood it.

I agree with the OP that Sansa will not marry HtH. However, I don to think Robert Arryn will die, I also think LF will be caught out. No way LF is Lord of the Vale outright. A House has to have some sort of past to ascend to paramountcy, even the Tyrells had that. Harrenha;; is different as it is not a Lord Parmaount seat and has changed hands severe times. Theoretically, I guess,s it should belong to the Greyjoys because of Harren. maybe give it to Asha?

• 2 months later...

Robb will win several splendid victories, and maim Joffrey Baratheon on the battlefield, but in the end he will not be able to stand against Jaime and Tyrion Lannitser and their allies. Robb Stark will die in battle, and Tyrion Lannister will besiege and burn Winterfell.

Jaime Lannister will follow Joffrey on the throne of the Seven Kingdoms, by the simple expedient of killing everyone ahead of him in the line of succession and blaming his brother Tyrion for the murders.

LF definitely sprouted from this early, evil Jaime Lannister. LF achieved the most important tasks in the downfall of the Starks. Moreover, LF implicated Tyrion for Joffrey’s murder. LF is currently killing his way to some seat or even a throne.

If Harry 'The Heir' dies, then some other Lord of the Vale will take his place in the Eyrie. Littlefinger doesn't have the means to keep his grasp in the Vale if such dynastic crisis appears. He is, after all, a small Lord. He can't sit on the chair himself - He needs to maneuver his candidate, which is the entire point of his characterization.

Well if Harry the Heir marries Sansa, after Robert dies, then Harry dies as well, Sansa would be in charge of the Vale like Lysa was, unless Lysa was only in charge because Robert was the heir and she his mother.

If Harry put a son in Sansa, then Sansa would get to stay.

If Harry 'The Heir' dies, then some other Lord of the Vale will take his place in the Eyrie. Littlefinger doesn't have the means to keep his grasp in the Vale if such dynastic crisis appears. He is, after all, a small Lord. He can't sit on the chair himself - He needs to maneuver his candidate, which is the entire point of his characterization.

Did you read the books? Because everything you said are wrong.

LF is among the "some other Lords of the Vale". LF is not a small Lord anymore. He served in the Small Council. He is the Lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of Riverlands. He is the one who married Lysa above all the other Vale Lords. He is the Lord Protector of the Vale. He is buying Vale Lords. He is killing those he cannot buy. That is exactly what the evil-Jaime was supposed to do. So, their motives are the same. LF wants everything (including crowns, titles and Sansa) for himself. He wants to show that a man with humble beiginnings like him can be the most powerful man in the 7K. He wants to show the nobility his middle finger.

There are the gulltown Arryns along with many more relatives; so no, without LF having a claimant to control it ain't happening.

I think the key is using Sansa to manipulate Harry, then the three can claim the north, vale and riverlands with LF as regent/hand. Then he'll get rid of Harry or plant his own spud in Sansa when he is no longer needed or becomes uncontrollable. After that the matter of taking Kings Landing will be easy peasy

LF is among the "some other Lords of the Vale". LF is not a small Lord anymore. He served in the Small Council. He is the Lord of Harrenhal and Lord Paramount of Riverlands. He is the one who married Lysa above all the other Vale Lords. He is the Lord Protector of the Vale. He is buying Vale Lords. He is killing those he cannot buy. That is exactly what the evil-Jaime was supposed to do. So, their motives are the same. LF wants everything (including crowns, titles and Sansa) for himself. He wants to show that a man with humble beiginnings like him can be the most powerful man in the 7K. He wants to show the nobility his middle finger.

No, Littlefinger could never be Lord of the Eyrie, nor king. He lacks the pedigree, as he himself has acknowledged via his plans. His style is to be the power behind the throne.

As Colonel Green and myself have said, LF knows he can't ever be Lord of the Eyrie by himself. He lacks the noble blood necessary to do so. It doesn't matter the titles and functions he exerced. Lord Paramount of the Riverlands? LF knows it's only a honorific title, such as being Lord of Harrenhal is at this point. He married Lysa not because of his station itself, but because she was madly in love with him. The Lannister regime conceded these titles to even allow him to be anywhere near her level. Serving in the small council doesn't seem to make one more noble. He is buying off the Lords of the Vale, because there's something he precisely cannot buy: Blue Blood.

You clearly have been reading too much into this Evil!Jaime theory. That's not at all what LF is about - He doesn't want to be the King, he wants to be the voice that whispers in the ear of said King. Again, as Colonel Green has said, the power behind the throne.

Harrold will most definitely get killed. Though why not do it after he is married to Alayne and she gives birth to a son (by Baelish)? Harry dies in some hunting accident, LF's supposed grandson is now lord, the Vale is now his and there is no need for confrontation with other noble houses.

As for Petyr desiring Sansa... well Cersei managed to keep her affair with Jaime secret for quite a while, imagine for how long Baelish could last...

No, Littlefinger could never be Lord of the Eyrie, nor king. He lacks the pedigree, as he himself has acknowledged via his plans. His style is to be the power behind the throne.

LF never talks about his real plans.

Lady Dustin still holds the Barrow Lands so if Harry dies maybe Sansa keeps the Vale but it's different because the Vale is sort or the crown.

I figure Barbary Dustin has a Ryswell mother. We see a lot of first cousins marrying in Westeros, so Lady Dustin being partially a Dustin herself might explain why she is still in control despite the fact that she had no children and was only briefly married to Lord Dustin.

Lady Dustins situation and Lady Hornwoods are the same IIRC. But I doubt Sansa would be allowed to keep the Vale. It's more likely that it would pass to someone else from the Vale.

If she has a child while married to the Lord of the Vale then she gets to keep her dominion over the Vale as regent until her kid reaches majority. That was Lysa's case. If she doesn't, then she'll have to pack up her bags and move out for the next person in line. IIRC the Lords Declarant did say that Lysa didn't really have the right to command them since she wasn't of the Vale herself and that she's only here because of Sweetrobin.

LF never talks about his real plans.

Unless you have read subsequent books, then we have the characterization given in these books and what his character has said as guidelines. Simply, LF knows he can't sit there. Everybody knows that. There's a reason why he's Lord Protector, after all.

Archived