The Death of BOTH Sweetrobin AND Harry the Heir

Mithras

I'm not quite sure what you're gettig at. People have showed up to Ramsays wedding that are plotting against the Boltons. For all we know, the LD's are plotting against LF.

The LDs had Littlefinger by the balls and let him get away, so I doubt it. As far as the people other than Yohn Royce are concerned, they're okay with him now, from all we can see. If they aren't, there's really no reason to be taking the approach they are right now, seeing as they had already mounted an open revolt that was on the verge of success.

The LDs had Littlefinger by the balls and let him get away, so I doubt it. As far as the people other than Yohn Royce are concerned, they're okay with him now, from all we can see. If they aren't, there's really no reason to be taking the approach they are right now, seeing as they had already mounted an open revolt that was on the verge of success.

No they didn't. They didn't want to break guest rights, because they aren't Freys are honorable people and LF had SR. Of course, now SR is at the Gates of the Moon which are ruled by House Royce.

Your point is nonsensical, because, as I already pointed out, "a million things could happen" describes every plot. If that was a legitimate objection, nobody would ever plot anything.

If Harry wants to marry "Alayne" and has the support of the big names, allowing some minor knightly houses (whose objections aren't even based on anything in the text, as yet) to boss him around would be a massive show of weakness. The Lord of the Eyrie needs a firm hand.

Like I said, everything we've seen shows increasing acceptance of his rule in the Vale. It makes zero sense that he would want to leave.

He didn't really have a united kingdom, though. He had a bunch of enemies, because he was a tyrant. And the current High Septon has nothing like the resources of the Faith Militant in Jaehaerys' day.

The war over the throne has moved well beyond palace intrigues. Indeed, there's soon not going to be a "palace" at all, the way the government is disintegrating. Littlefinger is putting himself in control of the continent's largest remaining military asset, so that he'll have an army, the major means of projecting power he has heretofore lacked. You can't take and maintain a throne without one.

I didn't miss your point. My point was that the contexts of those weddings are very different.

LF is very careful in his plots; he ties every loose end he has and manages to avoid suspicion. In the Vale however, if anything should seem amiss the first person to be suspected would be LF. His philosophy in general; "keep your foes confused" and "always keep you hands clean" don't mix with what he told Sansa.

Bronze Yohn will most definitely be against such a marriage; so it's not only minor houses.

Everything we've seen points to the Vale allowing him one year of peaceful rule, nothing more.

And the Lannisters are angels? Unlike Cersei, Maegor had a united kingdom and his only open war at the time was with the faith militant. Granted they aren't as strong as they used to be but neither is the iron throne. Also, quite a bit of famous nobles are now joining the faith militant so things are looking up for the HS.

I agree with you on LF having military assets. He has the Golden cloaks and I suspect he'll finance the faith militant just to see the Tyrell forces weakened. LF's plan was always to have others fight his battles, depleting his enemies' forces by pitting them against each other. The reason he managed to climb this high is because everyone else underestimates him. He needed the Vale to stay out of the conflict in order to assure Robb's loss and have a safe place where he could hide Sansa in plain sight.

Archived