Westeros Fantasy Football Thunderdome 2014-15

Bronn Stone

EDIT: Invitations have been sent. Gonna just recycle the thread.

this is a link to the first 2015 post.

New year, new commish, new thread.

Looks like we are waiting on three owners and need to reassign one team as Mexal has indicated he cannot continue. :(

If anyone has another way of getting in touch with week, JaimeL or whoever Runestone Rocks is, I'd appreciate them letting me know.

My plan is to update the rivalries and post the schedule rules in the thread so I can find it all next year (and keep a copy locally). I will work on that this weekend.

I am leaning toward letting WJ take over Mexal's slot, though I will offer BL the chance to jump to the West if he'd rather be there and putting WJ into the South. If anyone has strong opinions about who should fill the slot, feel free to either post them here or PM me. Or PM me your phone number/email and we can communicate that way.

My gmail email address should be visible on the Yahoo site for any league member and I am happy to respond to all queries.

Week, on 09 Aug 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:I can join if there's an opening.

There is an outstanding invite for Highgarden Lancers sent to an email that begins with the letter q at yahoo.com. Thought that was you. Is it someone else?

Thunderdome schedules shall be set according the following algorithm.

Teams shall be assigned a number equal to their finish within the division in the regular season the preceding year.

Each division will play six games against division managers and four against one division on a rotating basis. Teams will play two additional games – one against a team from the division they faced in the preceding year and one against a team from the division they play the following year. Matchups for the previous year will be based on same finish Matchups for the teams faced in the following year will be based on inverse finish (1v4, 2v3).

Each team shall be assigned one rival outside of his or her division. Rivalry games shall occur in week 13. The regular season will end with that game – as was done with many college rivalries for many years. I am making this change because I want to always guarantee that if the rivalry game is a rematch according to the rotation, at least three weeks have passed since the teams last faced each other. Rivalries may evolve over time at the discretion of the commissioner.

Week 1 – Division game – 1v2, 3v4

Week 2 – Division game – 1v3, 2v4

Week 3 – Division game - 1v4, 2v3

Week 4 – WildCard Game vs team from division played in the previous year

Week 5 – Rotating Division game

Week 6 – Rotating Division game

Week 7 – Rotating Division game

Week 8 – Rotating Division game

Week 9 – WildCard game vs team from division to be played the following year.

Week 10 – Repeat week 1 schedule

Week 11 – Repeat week 2 schedule

Week 12 – Repeat week 3 schedule

Week 13 – RIVALRY WEEK!

The rotations for the divisions were/will be:

2011 – NvE, WvS

2012 – NvW, SvE

2013 – NvS, WvE

2014 – NvE, WvS

2015 – NvW, SvE

2016 – NvS, WvE

That was my team at one point, but I think I was out last year for some reason or another. My yahoo id that I've used for fantasy is king_0f_gamehendge at yahoo dot com... the joys of user names made a decade ago.

Jamie joined today. Down to the two slots, which were previously held by The Heir and Mexal. Mexal declined and The Heir is non-responsive. Friday I will formally offer the slots out to those mentioned previously.

And if others come forward interested prior to then?

I don't understand the question.

To me, Thunderdome is all about the old rivalries. My goal is to have the same owners over and over again. First priority is to keep those we have, unless they go bonkers (see Ravan, Os) with waivers or somesuch. Openings will inevitably arise, and I'd like to give priority to previous owners when they do. (Experts is the one that should always be about winning one's way in to the extent possible).

But so far only two have expressed interest and they did so early. If someone who meets my criteria better wants in, I will consider it. But a bit late for that.

Archived