What does Bran know?

What Bran knows right now is entirely up to speculation but he sure knows a lot more than he did in the previous book. Also, anyone have an idea how much time passes since ADWD? I don't think he's omniscient yet but by the way things seem to be going with him watching Arya's dreams he will be very powerful soon, I'm just not sure whether that's a good thing or not if he remains under BR

In one of Theon's chapters in ADwD he is kneeling next to the weirwood in Winterfell and he thinks he hears someone say his name, and dismisses it as wind or leaves rustling as well. My first read-through I assumed that it was Bran, because it was only a few chapters prior to that when Bran had seen his father in the past.

• 1 year later...

What Bran knows right now is entirely up to speculation but he sure knows a lot more than he did in the previous book. Also, anyone have an idea how much time passes since ADWD? I don't think he's omniscient yet but by the way things seem to be going with him watching Arya's dreams he will be very powerful soon, I'm just not sure whether that's a good thing or not if he remains under BR

When Roslin Frey's baby is born we will know it has been 9 months from the Red Wedding.

I can't recall any flat out telepathic communication--BR & Bran have used vehicles (ravens, trees) to connect with others.    In that same vein, there is no mention of random or unrelated people reporting visions or voices coming from trees.   The NW men make a fuss over some of the words the ravens speak, but that seemed pretty mundane.  Mention of LSH was exciting.   Why wouldn't Bran or BR know about her?   On the other hand, I can't buy into anyone inspiring Sansa's snow castle, as she often longs for home.   With that in mind, how will Bran reach Sansa, LSH, Edmure, Jeyne, Black Fish, Sweet Robert?   They are all relatives, after all.   Why not cousins Karstark, too?   Dany gets messages from Quaithe via glass candle, sure, but it's limited communication.   Blood is blood, why wouldn't BR have his eye on Dany or Aegon?  I would think that with the power to command birds at least, Dany or any of these other relatives would have had something by now?   

I can't recall any flat out telepathic communication--BR & Bran have used vehicles (ravens, trees) to connect with others.    In that same vein, there is no mention of random or unrelated people reporting visions or voices coming from trees.   The NW men make a fuss over some of the words the ravens speak, but that seemed pretty mundane.  Mention of LSH was exciting.   Why wouldn't Bran or BR know about her?   On the other hand, I can't buy into anyone inspiring Sansa's snow castle, as she often longs for home.   With that in mind, how will Bran reach Sansa, LSH, Edmure, Jeyne, Black Fish, Sweet Robert?   They are all relatives, after all.   Why not cousins Karstark, too?   Dany gets messages from Quaithe via glass candle, sure, but it's limited communication.   Blood is blood, why wouldn't BR have his eye on Dany or Aegon?  I would think that with the power to command birds at least, Dany or any of these other relatives would have had something by now?   

It is hinted that Bran attempted to "speak" to both his father and Theon which seemed to come out as the wind rustling the leaves (the old tongue?), which I found fascinating and could have large ramifications along the lines of influencing and manipulating events in the past and present, depending on the growth of this ability.  Besides such, dreams seem to be the manner in which all Starks are beginning to communicate with each other.

It is hinted that Bran attempted to "speak" to both his father and Theon which seemed to come out as the wind rustling the leaves (the old tongue?), which I found fascinating and could have large ramifications along the lines of influencing and manipulating events in the past and present, depending on the growth of this ability.  Besides such, dreams seem to be the manner in which all Starks are beginning to communicate with each other.

I doubt that he can influence and manipulate events in the past, because than Bran can influence Lyanna not going to the Tourney of Harrenhall, her not meeting Rhaegar and instead can influence Lyanna agrees to marry Robert. This will effect many things, Roberts Rebellion not happening, his uncle Brandon not death, and thus Robb and his siblings never being born, most likely Ned and Benjen both at the wall. If he can influence things in the past, the whole of Westeros is messed up, with a total different population. 

I doubt that he can influence and manipulate events in the past, because than Bran can influence Lyanna not going to the Tourney of Harrenhall, her not meeting Rhaegar and instead can influence Lyanna agrees to marry Robert. This will effect many things, Roberts Rebellion not happening, his uncle Brandon not death, and thus Robb and his siblings never being born, most likely Ned and Benjen both at the wall. If he can influence things in the past, the whole of Westeros is messed up, with a total different population. 

Maybe I worded it wrong. Bran has shown that he has the ability to interact with the immediate surroundings of the Winterfell Weirwood tree.  I do not think he will change timeline history, but rather realize (or perhaps the just the reader will) his presence within various moments of the past much like how BR is attributed to everything and every event in Westeros. (/s) 

There are no weirwoods in the Eyrie's 'Godswood.'  Other than that, pretty much yeah.  I also think Bran has taken over BR's role as Mormont's raven around halfway through ADWD.

Yes there is, it sits on the dais in the Eyrie, Bran most likely saw LF kill Lysa as Sansa lay frighten after Lysa spouted her lines and trying to push Sansa out the moon door.

^ Yes, I think that Hodor is not physically mute because he can say 'Hodor', but if Bran can skinchange him he may be able to move around and communicate.  The problem will be getting Hodor back out of that cave (with Meera & possibly Jojen) and back to safety.  Maybe Summer and Coldhands would also help in the attempt at a return journey.

^ Yes, I think that Hodor is not physically mute because he can say 'Hodor', but if Bran can skinchange him he may be able to move around and communicate.  The problem will be getting Hodor back out of that cave (with Meera & possibly Jojen) and back to safety.  Maybe Summer and Coldhands would also help in the attempt at a return journey.

I think Jojen may be dead, or he will die very soon.

Archived