Nimble Dick

Lord_of_Japes

On a re-read, and I'm paying more attention to some minor characters. Anyways, you'd think Nimble Dick would have known he was going to be killed at the Whispers, since he fooled Shagwell and co. Did he have any inkling that those three would still be hanging there? I guess he didn't or he wouldn't have walked into his death. He must have been desparate for Brienne'e gold, so he was going to finish his task no matter what.

Also, he could have sent Shagwell anywhere, but he sent him to the Whispers because I suppose Dick wanted more people to see his ancestral seat? Even though it's ruined I guess Dick has some sort of urging to show more people the Whispers. Other than that I can't discern any other purpose to his motivations. Anybody else have anything to add?

• 3 weeks later...

I think he was hoping that they would have moved on by now and that he would be able to get at least something out of Brienne.

Didn't he keep telling everyone about the heads...many people are superstitious in these books and would not have like to hang around there if they thought it was haunted.

I wonder why the Mummers did stay there at there anyways. None of them were the sharpest knives in the drawer, but it seems like even they would realize that no one was probably going to come to an old, abandoned castle, especially since Dick was always warning people about the heads and everything. It seems like they would have moved on pretty quickly.

• 1 month later...

I suppose Nimble Dick was too concerned with making another quick buck, that he didn't allow himself the time to use the common sense the 7 gods gave him. I more or less wonder myself why the mummers sat there like stooges with their thumbs up their ass all that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They were there because they were supposed to get on a boat.. A smugglers boat or something. The whole point why Brienne wanted to go with him was because Nimble Dick had previously sought out passage for 3(Brienne thought it was Sansa, Dantos, and Tyrion who were trying to get away) on a smugglers boat.

To their surprise though, it was some Bloody Mummers that wanted to escape.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

maybe he wasn't aware how dangerous mummers are....

seems to me : he was introduced to show that Targ loyalists are still around

That seems the point to me as well.

He didn't know who Shagwell was so (he just thought he had fooled a fool) and saw some more easy money in it for himself. After getting caught 'flour' handed he must have decided to get the gold legitimately.

Roy Dotrice does his voice hilariously in the audiobook. I highly recommend it.

Roy Dotrice does his voice hilariously in the audiobook. I highly recommend it.

Roy Dotrice did such an amazing job that it gave me a whole new experience with ASOIAF that I am so glad I got to enjoy. It was real to me, as if I was listening to people speak. And Vary's voice freaked me out. It was perfect!

• 2 months later...

Roy Dotrice did such an amazing job that it gave me a whole new experience with ASOIAF that I am so glad I got to enjoy. It was real to me, as if I was listening to people speak. And Vary's voice freaked me out. It was perfect!

The bit when he is doing Khal Drogo had my in stitches, "My hoorseee, must riideee, my horrrrseee"

Archived