Michael Brown's death and civil unrest in north St. Louis

TerraPrime

Anonymous have released audio logs of the St. Louis Police dispatch from the day of Michael Brown's shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zta9FyoA7TU

The talk about the shooting starts at around 11 minutes.

ETA: Apparently this is not the same county's dispatcher, it's a nearby county, don't know how pertinent that actually makes it.

Reports on Twitter that perhaps two reporters have been arrested in Ferguson as the protests continue and the police have again showed up in full military garb.

Ah yes, reporters: a constant menace to corrupt cops protecting their own civil society.

Reports on Twitter that perhaps two reporters have been arrested in Ferguson as the protests continue and the police have again showed up in full military garb.

From the Twitter account of Wesley Lowrey, Washington Post reporter, one of the two arrested:

Also Ryan Reilly of Huff Po. Assaulted and arrested

Officers decided we weren't leaving McDonalds quickly enough, shouldn't have been taping them.

Released without any charges, no paperwork whatsoever

Refusing to give us any names of the officers

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2014/08/13/washington-post-reporter-wesley-lowery-arrested-ferguson/HZT5nQ24ok8XFukceoZ4SJ/story.html

So it appears that two reporters were arrested. Apparently the police raided...a McDonald's and kicked everyone out. Two reporters were there and one began taking pictures. They evidently were not vacating fast enough and were arrested. They've been released. http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/263209/huffpost-washington-post-reporters-arrested-in-ferguson/

eta: Ninja'd! :p

Saw on Reddit an unconfirmed Twitter posting that one of(the?) officers who originally encountered Mike Brown had his jaw broken. Under normal circumstances I would discount this, but given how ham fisted the Ferguson PD seems to be at PR I give it some weight.

EDIT: Can't copy and paste links or quote, no Twitter source.

Was there no dash cam or something to confirm stories? This is why I think all officers should be equiped with personal body cams. If the video could be reviewsmed fhere would be no questions here.

GoPros ain't cheap and probably have a knack of malfunctioning at inopportune times.

Was there no dash cam or something to confirm stories? This is why I think all officers should be equiped with personal body cams. If the video could be reviewsmed fhere would be no questions here.

Ferguson PD apparently has no active dashcams. Why? No idea. Maybe they couldn't afford it.

At what point does the federal government step in? I know they are investigating the Brown shooting, but they really need to take over the whole situation from local PD.

I don't know, but I wouldn't mind the National Guard showing up and just forcing them to stand down.

Fuck this. This is absurd, in a way that isn't even funny anymore and is now just sad.

The most absurd thing is the guys with fucking military grade sniper rifles aiming into the crowd. For a peaceful protest. That's extremely fucked up!

Wouldn't have mattered anyways. It would have been all audio, because the confrontation happened along side and behind the car. It would have helped show how the officer confronted them though.

I still feel all cops should have those new cameras on their heads. They don't look invasive and would give the judicial system an accurate view of what happened. Of course, cops massively oppose this. Wonder why?

Archived