Loncon - the where, what and when thread

Plans for dinner

There are a number of good restaurants at the west end of the ExCeL. I'm going to suggest the Lebanese restaurant.

Meet at 7.00 pm at the west entrance of the ExCeL if you would like to join us.

ETA: That's the opposite end to where registration is. It's a long building and will take about 10 mins to walk over there so please leave in time to arrive on time. It is actually quicker to take the DLR one stop along if you want to do that instead.

Couldn't make it. We're walking corpses and nearly fell asleep in the train back to the hotel. But we should be ready for pretty much anything tomorrow and at the weekend!

Currently waiting for Peadar to start his ghost story. we've claimed the been bags.

more importantly Able bodied people have been requested to lend a hand tomorrow morning (friday) to help reset some of the rooms for mobilitly access.

Moving some chair and labling them. ect.

Please meet at 8am by the access desk if you are awake enough to help. Access desk is by registration desk.

So, reading today at 11am. Since it is in the auditorium, how soon should I look to get to the ExCeL to start queueing? This could be the difference between getting up, or another hour in bed.....

Just as an addendum to Pebble's call, I know that there are great and exciting things going on the entire time (at the con and in London in general), but please do give a couple of hours to Volunteers if at all possible. From official opening on Thursday at noon to official closing on Monday at 3pm, if I have done my math right there are about 80 hours where the space is open and needs to be organised/run/etc. (There's actually a lot more to do, of course, before, after, and during.) It's entirely volunteer-run, and there is always something for anyone to do. Line-wrangling, answering questions, moving items, asking for water refills, just about everything you can think of. An extra person for an hour or two can really make a difference.

ETA: Arataniello, I know that Ops are planning to start managing the queue at 9:30. I'm actually just about to put my shoes on and head over to help, so I can let you know what it looks like then.

Great. We Are on the Way now. Should be there around 8:45. has anyone a Suggestion what to do afterwards? We could eat something and talk about the Reading, if it's something new. Any suggestions?

I'm allergic to queues, may skip the reading there are way too many things I want to do on the same timeslot anyway.

I will expect reports from the rest of you!

Archived