Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theMountainGoat

Loncon - the where, what and when thread

Great fun, all. Linda and I are headed to Heathrow very early in the morning. Thanks for the great time, and hope it won't be another 8 years before I see you all at a con!

Was great meeting everyone, back in deepest Devon now. First con and I loved it - thanks to all those who let me shove a dictaphone their way. All sounds great. ;)

Look forward to more cons in the future!

Thanks Maltaran for the Hugo updates. Sounds like you all had a fantastic time. I was sorry I couldn't go after meeting so many of you last year. But next year in Spokane!

Thanks to Lord Jo for arranging the karaoke, even though she didn't get to make it! Gawd, Jo has created a monster, though she does not know it.

And to JonpoT and Targh, a thousand thanks for running the show! Fantastic job!

The post con emo has begun in earnest as people begin leaving.

For anyone still around please join us stragglers at 7.00 pm for dinner (restaurant to be decided). Meet by the reg desk on the ground floor east entrance.

The post con emo has begun in earnest as people begin leaving.

For anyone still around please join us stragglers at 7.00 pm for dinner (restaurant to be decided). Meet by the reg desk on the ground floor east entrance.

I won't make it, but hope to see the Rump BwB at the Dead Dog Party in the fan village afterwards...

What's a "megabus"?

It is a bus company (like Greyhound) in the US and England and other countries. For example, you could take it to DC from your town for $31 each way. I mainly know college students who use it as they make most university towns stops on their lines.

http://us.megabus.com

I will be there for dinner tonight at the appointed hour of the (dead) dog aka 7pm. Throwing some beery-scented clothes into a suitcase first.

Arataniello, thank you so much for the loan of the book...I really appreciated that. I'm going to get to Oxford one of these days!

It is a beautiful city and well worth the visit. I will be back in the UK in three weeks or so and be there for a few days - bliss!

Almost time for boarding for my flight back to Dublin.

Thanks everyone. This was my first worldcon, but I don't think it'll be the last.

Helsinki 2017!

Home safe and sound!

I want to add my thanks to all those who made the BwB events such fun! The Xs, Pebble Badgegiver, Jon and Targh -- bastards! They know why -- Jo and the other ones who are all the more heroic for their anonymity.

See you all soon.