If Stannis had to cast the Red God aside...

Ser Yo of House Lo

Can you tell me of any single character in the entire series who listens to advises and makes compromiso, while is open to new ideas than him? Otherwise is just a myth, as dozens in this fórums.

I can name more than a single character: Victarion. Sansa. Dany. Arianne. Catelyn. Bran. Eddard. Tyrion. Jon... ETC.

It's obvious you don't understand the quote. You're taking it as an insult when it's not. You seem to think you know Stannis better than Donal Noye.

Cressen. Catelyn. Cersei. Eddard. Tyrion. Tywin. Melisandre. Littlefinger... They all think the same thing about Stannis: He's not going to stop with his crusade. He is implacable. That's what Noye means.

Robert is so obviously not steel. He had bastards before he was crowned, he's a rapist, a hypocrite, and a horrible drunk in general. He also never ruled.

Stannis bends a lot. 9 times so far. In 3 books.

Noye was right about Renly, but even Renly was better than Robert.

Noye says Robert went to rust after being crowned king. Everyone always leaves that part out. The only brother he doesn't think much of is Renly but even Robert is given a dose of criticism.

I can name more than a single character: Victarion. Sansa. Dany. Arianne. Catelyn. Bran. Eddard. Tyrion. Jon... ETC.

It's obvious you don't understand the quote. You're taking it as an insult when it's not. You seem to think you know Stannis better than Donal Noye.

Cressen. Catelyn. Cersei. Eddard. Tyrion. Tywin. Melisandre. Littlefinger... They all think the same thing about Stannis: He's not going to stop with his crusade. He is implacable. That's what Noye means.

yeh, whatever, you are right. I just made up 11 examples of Stannis bending. And of course Noye knows him better than we do. He knows everything he has done in four books.

I got to sleep, sorry brah, I just cant continue this.

It's too late. He's in too deep with Red R'hllor. I don't see Stannis giving up R'hllor and Mel just because another army has formed against him. The Faith Militant will be nothing more than an obstacle that needs to be crushed. Imagine if Stannis took the throne with Melisandre beside him. There'd be no room for the Seven anyway.

Disagree with the bolded, agree with the rest. The only time he's ever forced a conversion was when he was letting the wildlings into the realm, and that was to hammer home the fact that they're a part of his kingdom now, and possibly because he thinks that he's in a place to demand it, given no king has ever offered a blanket immigration opportunity.

He didn't do it on Dragonstone, didn't do it at Storm's End, didn't do it at Dragonstone again, and hasn't done it anywhere else in the North.

Uh I always interpreted the Noyle comment as an interpretation for the readers rather than an in world observation. It's a way to tell the reader about characters...

Robert being steel, was made for fighting and rusted when he no longer had to fight. Which is why he's a terrible king.

Renly being copper, drew in a magnificent host, he looks the part and is flashy (IIRC Caitlyn thinks he looks every bit like a king), he looked like he would be important. But in the end he amounted to little.

Stannis being iron, means he'd follow his principles until death with "bend" meaning bend the knee. Which is exactly what we've seen with Stannis, he's relentlessly pursued the crown, nothing has changed that goal, even when he learns about the others he still wants to be king.

Trying to pick out minor details to discredit Noyle's statement seems pretty silly. Grrm isn't an archetect, he had no idea when he wrote the short interaction between Jon and Noyle to give the reader a gage on the Baratheon brothers that 10 years later he'd write a plot point in which Jon convinces him to attack deepwood motte rather than Winterfell.

Thematically it holds true.

Stannis is a funny one, he doesn't so much serve R'hlorr as bargain with him, this for that, sacrifices or blood magic for results. Very dangerous. Yet if/when R'hlorr ceases to yield results, so the worship may stop, though I think as opposed to chucking it completely, he'll branch out and welcome and practice customs of other "dieties", because he does believe, he has no choice, he has to believe, and Melisandre has been ever faithful. Yet despite that religion isn't to Stannis what it is to Mel and Davos, it is a tool. If Stannis has a God that he truly worships, then that God is Human Authority.

"All that is good and just in this world is made by men."

Archived