Small Questions v.10087

Jon Weirgaryen

There is a hint in Clash, a very, very important hint...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/101015-the-dragon-has-three-heads/

Two things. Thanks for the link, although I am at a loss to connect it to Clash of Kings at first fast-reading.

The hint in Clash you mean is Septon Meribald's story about the black Three-headed-Dragon inn sign having been smashed, gone downriver, found red with rust, you mean? Or some other one?

Oh, I was all so very wrong. Never mind. I must have been out of mine.

Was "Rogue" Prince Daemon Targaryen the last Targaryen bigamist before, possibly, Prince Rhaegar?

He was never a bigamist. He married Laena after his dearly beloved Royce wife died ( :rolleyes: ) and then married Rhaenyra after Laena died. He slept with other women while married to the Royce, such as Mysarria, but he was never married to her

Two things. Thanks for the link, although I am at a loss to connect it to Clash of Kings at first fast-reading.

The hint in Clash you mean is Septon Meribald's story about the black Three-headed-Dragon inn sign having been smashed, gone downriver, found red with rust, you mean? Or some other one?

Septon Meribald's speech is in a Feast for Crows :)

The Clanking Dragon is in Feast. The hint at Aegon in Clash is Daenerys's vision of Rhaegar in the House of the Undying Ones. I provided the link because I think most readers believe this vision was written for some other purpose and I didn't want to tie up this thread.

The Clanking Dragon is in Feast. The hint at Aegon in Clash is Daenerys's vision of Rhaegar in the House of the Undying Ones. I provided the link because I think most readers believe this vision was written for some other purpose and I didn't want to tie up this thread.

Thanks again and sorry for requiring your efforts here, it must have been a bad slip of my mind reading "Clash" and understanding "Feast". Makes all perfectly sense after that has been cleared up.

Daemon was never married to two different women at the same time, so no.

and

He was never a bigamist. He married Laena after his dearly beloved Royce wife died ( :rolleyes: ) and then married Rhaenyra after Laena died. He slept with other women while married to the Royce, such as Mysarria, but he was never married to her

How disappointing. I obviously must re-read it. Thank you!

If it true, why did Cersei send someone like Balon Swann to frame tyrion and kill Trystane , Balon is honorable and seem to not like the orders he gotten ?

Well, he's from the Dornish Marches, so he'd be more likely than the others to hold a grudge against Dorne, and he was certainly more competent than the others. If Aerys's Kingsguard stood by astheir king roasted Rickard why wouldn't Balon do as his regent commands?

Did the George ever say definitively that he would not add any new POVs in Winds and Dance and books VIII & IX (you know they're coming)?

I thought there was a SSM, but couldn't find it. So here's this:

http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2012/09/03-worldcon-grrm-reading-forum/

Only the principal POVs have been known by GRRM from the start. Some POVs have been added when needed. The Meereenese Knot, for instance, was broken only when Barristan Selmy got his own chapters. He was ideally positioned to deal with all the relevant characters and events, and was one of the few that spoke the language. GRRM does not intend to add any more POVs. In fact, the number of POVs is about to decline. "Take your bets," GRRM warned.

Edit: Of course he could always change his mind. If he got to a point where he felt he needed a new POV to tell the story, he wouldn't think "oh but I said I wouldn't."

Did the George ever say definitively that he would not add any new POVs in Winds and Dance and books VIII & IX (you know they're coming)?

Winds and Dream ... There are SSMs, I found this entry on the forum about them:

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1256

"No new POV"

(Changed his mind on that:)

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/5527

"There's a resolution not to introduce new viewpoint characters, but the way I finally dealt with things was with Barristan, I introduced him as a viewpoint character as though hed been there all along. That enabled me to clear away some of the brush."

Best I could do. Apparently it's a longstanding resolution that gets broken whenever he can't find another way.

Could Red Priest like Throros created their own version of shadow ally?

A shadow baby you mean? It looks like the powers and possibilities of red priests differ.

Thoros sees himself as a failure, and says he is quite surprised when he suddenly finds he is able to raise dead Beric Dondarrion.

Archived