Small Questions v.10087

Jon Weirgaryen

the king made no judgment. The Hound rode him down, likely on Joff or Cersei's orders.

Yeah...

This is Westeros. The crown prince gives them this story about the butcher's boy and Arya beating him with sticks and the girl's wolf biting his arm?

Mycah was dead no matter what.

If you ask me, King Bob did not believe his "son"'s bullshit for a second, and if it was just him, Mycah would have lived. But we know him to have closed his eyes/looked away/gone with the flow with worst shit than that.

I reallly don't think, in that case, the Hound needs to have received specific orders from anyone. I also think any random Lannister man-at-arms would have killed Mycah without any second thought, too.

Ok this will sound a lot silly but did Krakens ever exist?I mean direwolves and dragons did.

"There are dangers at sea as well. Corsairs and pirates hunt the southern route, and north of Valyria the Smoking Sea is demon-haunted. The next storm could sink or scatter us, a kraken could pull us under . . . or we might find ourselves becalmed again, and die of thirst as we wait for the wind to rise. A march will have different dangers, my queen, but none greater."

Daenerys I, Storm

The eunuch drew a parchment from his sleeve. "A kraken has been seen off the Fingers." He giggled. "Not a Greyjoy, mind you, a true kraken. It attacked an Ibbenese whaler and pulled it under. There is fighting on the Stepstones, and a new war between Tyrosh and Lys seems likely. Both hope to win Myr as ally. Sailors back from the Jade Sea report that a three-headed dragon has hatched in Qarth, and is the wonder of that city"

Tyrion III, Storm

"And krakens off the Broken Arm, pulling under crippled galleys," said Valena. "The blood draws them to the surface, our maester claims. There are bodies in the water. A few have washed up on our shores. And that's not half of it. A new pirate king has set up on Torturer's Deep. The Lord of the Waters, he styles himself. This one has real warships, three-deckers, monstrous large. You were wise not to come by sea. Since the Redwyne fleet passed through the Stepstones, those waters are crawling with strange sails, all the way north to the Straights of Tarth and Shipbreaker's Bay. Myrmen, Volantenes, Lyseni, even reavers from the Iron Islands. Some have entered the Sea of Dorne to land men on the south shore of Cape Wrath. We found a good fast ship for you, as your father commanded, but even so... be careful."

Arianne I, Winds

the king made no judgment. The Hound rode him down, likely on Joff or Cersei's orders.

Yes, to be honest, when I answered the question i was thinking of Lady, not the butcher's boy. Show Ned would have been very disappointed in me.

I can't really remember if I read it in the books, if I heard it from someone else, or if it was just my imagination but I had the notion that it was LF the one who suggested Joffrey to behead Ned Stark. Now like I've said, I don't recall if this was on the books, but it would totally make sense, since LF's plan was to generate more and more caos and hate between the Starks and Lannisters. So my question is if this is ever mentioned in the books or is it just a rumor/theory?

IIRC there are a few small hints towards that in the books, but the on GoT Varys dances around accusing LF of whispers in Joff ear about Ned, and LF doesn't denied it.

Ok this will sound a lot silly but did Krakens ever exist?I mean direwolves and dragons did.

I hope you mean in Westeros, other wise it is a much bigger question. IMO it seems that the Kraken is thought of as a kind of a myth in Westeros, like the Ice Dragon. While Lost Melnibonean posted most of the meaningful quotes, even Varys seems to doubt the reports he is giving.

Sounds about right. He was dead before Sansa said anything. He'd probably be alive if she said something.

What? No, he was dead whether she told the truth or not. She had already told her father what was, presumably, the truth. Mycah was dead whatever she said, because he was unfortunate enough to be found by the Hound while he was searching for Arya. Sansa had nothing to do with Mycah's death

It's Lord Sandor Clegane now, right? Presuming he's not been attainted or anything.

Nope. Gregor was never referred to as being a lord. I think that House Clegane is a house of landed knights as opposed to a noble house so they would not be referred to as lords.

Is there any theory correlating the names of the direwolves to the Stark counterparts? Like Sansa becomes a Lady, and Arya becomes a warrior (Nymeria), Bran has a hand in bringing back Summer, and Jon turns Ghostly? Could just be the Starks revealing their characters, but could also be foreshadowing?

Tyrion challenged Haldon to play cyvasse for secrets. Haldon accepted and given that turtles were crawling out of his arse in the end, he lost the game to Tyrion.

Did Haldon give any secrets to Tyrion?

I think the idea is that he confirmed Aegon's identity.

Nope. Gregor was never referred to as being a lord. I think that House Clegane is a house of landed knights as opposed to a noble house so they would not be referred to as lords.

He wasn't a lord, and Ned stripped him of his lands and holdings. Now I'm sure that was reinstated by Joff, but it's all besides the point. The Hound is dead (as far as we know. Come on novice grave digger).

He wasn't a lord, and Ned stripped him of his lands and holdings. Now I'm sure that was reinstated by Joff, but it's all besides the point. The Hound is dead (as far as we know. Come on novice grave digger).

Brienne is told that the Hound is dead, but as far as most of Westeros is concerned, The Hound is still active in the Riverlands. That's what the reports reaching KL state (since no one figured out that the helm switched owner multiple times, and it is the helmet they are identifying the hound by)

I'm no admin, but if I've understood it correctly, spelling check goes per browser.. it's not forum-related

This is correct. Firefox uses American spell-check it seems, since my "realise"and "colour" for.example, show up as incorrect spellings

I think the idea is that he confirmed Aegon's identity.

Tyrion already guessed Aegon's identity before the cyvasse game.

I don't think Haldon knows the real identity of Aegon (I mean that he is a Blackfyre or whatever).

Archived