Small Questions v.10087

Jon Weirgaryen

To the timeline experts (Rhaenys)

When does the last Sansa chapter happen in relation to events in the North? I don't remember Sansa ever thinking of fArya and her marriage with Ramsay which is a bit odd. Surely she would have heard the news by now?

When does the last Sansa chapter happen in relation to events in the North? I don't remember Sansa ever thinking of fArya and her marriage with Ramsay which is a bit odd. Surely she would have heard the news by now?

The "most recent timeline" has the last Alayne chapter 4 days before the Ramsay-"Arya" wedding. Can't say why for the moment.

Here is the timeline that is most widely accepted

According to this, the wedding of fArya and Ramsay is 4 days after Alayne II

EDIT: Ninja :ninja:

Also, I never noticed how much stuff is supposed to take place after the epilogue of Dance. Its a bit surprising news hasn't leaked out in other chapters really, as the scheduled day for Cersei's trial would also have passed

The "most recent timeline" has the last Alayne chapter 4 days before the Ramsay-"Arya" wedding. Can't say why for the moment.

Also, I never noticed how much stuff is supposed to take place after the epilogue of Dance. Its a bit surprising news hasn't leaked out in other chapters really, as the scheduled day for Cersei's trial would also have passed

Thanks!

Sansa did lie...

His eldest daughter stepped forward hesitantly. She was dressed in blue velvets trimmed with white, a silver chain around her neck. Her thick auburn hair had been brushed until it shone. She blinked at her sister, then at the young prince. "I don't know," she said tearfully, looking as though she wanted to bolt. "I don't remember. Everything happened so fast, I didn't see . . . "

Eddard III, Game

"Stop it!" Arya screamed. She grabbed up her fallen stick.

Sansa was afraid. "Arya, you stay out of this."

"I won't hurt him . . . much," Prince Joffrey told Arya, never taking his eyes off the butcher's boy.

Arya went for him.

Sansa slid off her mare, but she was too slow. Arya swung with both hands. There was a loud crack as the wood split against the back of the prince's head, and then everything happened at once before Sansa's horrified eyes. Joffrey staggered and whirled around, roaring curses. Mycah ran for the trees as fast as his legs would take him. Arya swung at the prince again, but this time Joffrey caught the blow on Lion's Tooth and sent her broken stick flying from her hands. The back of his head was all bloody and his eyes were on fire. Sansa was shrieking, "No, no, stop it, stop it, both of you, you're spoiling it," but no one was listening. Arya scooped up a rock and hurled it at Joffrey's head. She hit his horse instead, and the blood bay reared and went galloping off after Mycah. "Stop it, don't, stop it!" Sansa screamed. Joffrey slashed at Arya with his sword, screaming obscenities, terrible words, filthy words. Arya darted back, frightened now, but Joffrey followed, hounding her toward the woods, backing her up against a tree. Sansa didn't know what to do. She watched helplessly, almost blind from her tears.

Then a grey blur flashed past her, and suddenly Nymeria was there, leaping, jaws closing around Joffrey's sword arm. The steel fell from his fingers as the wolf knocked him off his feet, and they rolled in the grass, the wolf snarling and ripping at him, the prince shrieking in pain. "Get it off," he screamed. "Get it off!"

Arya's voice cracked like a whip. "Nymeria!"

The direwolf let go of Joffrey and moved to Arya's side. The prince lay in the grass, whimpering, cradling his mangled arm. His shirt was soaked in blood. Arya said, "She didn't hurt you . . . much." She picked up Lion's Tooth where it had fallen, and stood over him, holding the sword with both hands.

Jofftey made a scared whimpery sound as he looked up at her. "No," he said, "don't hurt me. I'll tell my mother."

"You leave him alone!" Sansa screamed at her sister.

Arya whirled and heaved the sword into the air, putting her whole body into the throw. The blue steel flashed in the sun as the sword spun out over the river. It hit the water and vanished with a splash. Joffrey moaned. Arya ran off to her horse, Nymeria loping at her heels.

Sansa I, Game

But as noted earlier the boy was apparently cut down by Sandor before Sansa testified.

How much older are Jaime/Cersei than Tyrion? Oberyn says the twins were eight/nine years old when he visited Casterly Rock, when Tyrion was a babe still (Asos), Tyrion himself says he was ten when Robert killed Rhaegar (Adwd when talking to Young Griff), which would make it seven years. The wiki says J/C were born in 266 and Tyrion in 272/273, so that would make six/seven years, but the text in Tyrion's article says his siblings were nine when he was born, soo... who do we believe? :)

The years are correct (if I might say so, having calculated them :blushing: ). The text on the page was wrong (and now removed). I had spotted that line on the Cersei page when editing in the birth years in the info boxes, but obviously, I had missed that someone had placed that Jaime and Cersei were 9 at Tyrions birth (which obviously isn't the case) on Tyrions page as well.

The link you've been given is going to be updated soon. Though there aren't any mistakes on the list that occured in 300AC, it might be a good idea to check back in a few weeks..

Is this a subtle hint that it might need another check?? :)

On my first proper re-read of GOT and I was wondering if Catelyn had ever been to Kings Landing before she travels to tell Ned about the attempt on Bran?

Not that I can recall. Hoster Tully used to travel to KL every now and then, and Catelyn at times accompanied him on his travels, though it is never specified if she ever accompanied him when he went to KL (I assume he travelled all over the Riverlands).

If she did, it was before Petyr Baelish' appointment at court (before he became Master of Coin), as she hadn't seen him since Riverrun.

Catelyn last saw Robert Arryn in 293AC, when the boy was less than 1 year old. It is possible this happened in KL, as it would fit with Ned stating how he had last seen Tommen when the boy was nursing with Cersei (and Tommen was born in 291AC, and might still have been nursing in early 293AC?). However, it has also been stated how Lysa spend her pregnancies at Riverrun, so it could have been there, if she had stayed long (or had become pregnant again, though that seems unlikely, as her miscarriages occured in KL and the Eyrie).

The link you've been given is going to be updated soon. Though there aren't any mistakes on the list that occured in 300AC, it might be a good idea to check back in a few weeks..

In a few weeks sounds nice. Count me in to rework the 4 Winterfell chapters and what happens in the North at that time - they need some refinements, I fear. But delay, not now, not right away :)

This is a question for.anyone who buys or is familiar with the S+B=M theory. Going by this, Mel would also be a dragon yes? So my question is, do those who support this theory include her in.the true false young and.old, bright and dark dragons speech?

This is a question for.anyone who buys or is familiar with the S+B=M theory. Going by this, Mel would also be a dragon yes? So my question is, do those who support this theory include her in.the true false young and.old, bright and dark dragons speech?

I buy it. But I think Moqorro was only referring to two dragons... the two that will be dancing.

Why does Stannis offer the North to Jon when he knows Sansa is the rightful heir? Isn't he supposed to be super honorable? Sansa is not a criminal and would probably have bent her knee to Stannis. Granted it might have been impossible to bring her north but why does Stannis, a man of unquestionable honor and known to do the right thing regardless of the difficulty and the consequences, simply overlook her claim?

One tiny thing that really irks me is the repeated use of the word 'lantern-bugs' - why not fireflies?! It would be more appropriate to the British vernacular and it sounds so much nicer.

My grandpa called 'em lightning bugs.

One tiny thing that really irks me is the repeated use of the word 'lantern-bugs' - why not fireflies?! It would be more appropriate to the British vernacular and it sounds so much nicer.

because the prose is not british vernacular. That is something the readers associate the common tongue with. There are similarities but there is no rule that the common tongue is exactly british english

Why does Stannis offer the North to Jon when he knows Sansa is the rightful heir? Isn't he supposed to be super honorable? Sansa is not a criminal and would probably have bent her knee to Stannis. Granted it might have been impossible to bring her north but why does Stannis, a man of unquestionable honor and known to do the right thing regardless of the difficulty and the consequences, simply overlook her claim?

I just answered this in the last thread you posted it in but here it is again;

To Stannis, Sansa is Lady Lannister because she is married to Tyrion. Thus, giving Winterfell to her would be granting it to his enemies. Remember he has no way of knowing her marriage was not consumated, and that Sansa is not pregnant with a Lannister child.

In addition to this, Sansa was a hostage of the Lannisters. He can't very well give Winterfell to her when the North wants a Stark to rally to.

Jon actually protestes Stannis's offer for this reason but Stannis asks if Jon want the imp perched on his father's high seat and says he will never allow that.

For a start Robb legitimises Jon before the red wedding tho Stannis has no way of knowing that- tho Melisandre might- A legitimate Jon is older and male so unless Winterfell moved to Dorne he is the heir if freed from his black cloak vows which as a king Stannis could do...you could say Stannis isnt a king but if so why does GRRM refer throughout to the seven kingdoms...the black is taken for life but so is the white tell it to Barristan the bold...and as for the whole kingsblood thingy Mance could free him from his vows ffs GRRM doesnt seem that concerned with sitting on the iron throne making you a king so what does? Why else would Mance's son be groovy to burn for the lord of light?

Politics is irrelevant if the white walkers sweep south in the long winter- I would find it hilarious if GRRM bucks nearly all fantasy trends and has all the POV characters slaughtered by nameless white walkers after their daft squabbling- with Dany and her dragons and Kaleesar legging it to some island

Archived