(Spoilers) Sons of the Dragon Reading at LonCon Today

It's just weird because in the books all the references are to "The Vulture King" singular. I guess one of them was THE Vulture King and the others maybe had smaller armies trying to imitate him?

Or it's an office/title. The heir, etc. The idea of kingship isn't easily forgotten. :D

So, if Aegon was born in 26AC, 1 year after Maegor's marriage to Hightower girl, Maegor married when he was 13. So it's said about Hightower girl, not about Aenys's sister:

Meanwhile, Maegor (who had been married at 13 to a 16-17 year old and had proclaimed the day afterwards that he had created a son on his wedding night)

The VK was based in Dorne or rather in the border Region in the Mountains between Dorne and the marches. His supporters came from all over the Place, Not Dorne. In fact, Princess deria did. Not officially Support the VK.

Davos b. Was a son of orys, but its Not confirmed that eh succeeded him as lord.

Why would Tyanna torture a 15yr old boy?

And George's history is a bloody horror story

Well... Maegor was trying to be the king and he was Aegon's brother. Viserys was also Maegor's squire so when his mother, Alyssa, left for Dragonstone (she also took Dark Sister with her), for some reason Viserys didn't go with her.

It seems that Maegor and Aenys' eldest son Aegon fought a civil war. Viserys was Aegon's younger brother so...

Indeed... a 15 yo is "a man grown" in Westeros, old enough to lead a rebellion (say hello to Robb Stark, KitN ;) )

I was actually more surprised that Jaehaerys and Alysanne (aged 8 and 6 respectively) appear to have escaped unscathed. Maybe I'm giving too much credit though, as we don't yet know the whole story.

Great info guys. Really peeved that I missed today!

Any word on Aenys' sisters? I seem to recall that Aegon/Rhaenys had two girls.

I think that was either changed or misreported the first time around. Aenys seems to have had 6 children: Aegon, Viserys, Jaehaerys, Rhaena, Alysanne and one.who died as an infant (her name is somewhere in.this thread).

Great info guys. Really peeved that I missed today!

Any word on Aenys' sisters? I seem to recall that Aegon/Rhaenys had two girls.

Based on what we know about the war with Dorne from the leaked sample, Rhaenys really wouldn't have had time to have other children after Aenys. She was too busy warring with Dorne.

No Maegor married at least 2 Targs didnt he?

So far the confirmed brides of Maegor are Ceryse Hightower, Alys Harroway, Tyanna of Pentos, Rhaena (Aegon 1.5's wife) and Jeyne Westerling.

Archived