(Spoilers) Sons of the Dragon Reading at LonCon Today

Based on what we know about the war with Dorne from the leaked sample, Rhaenys really wouldn't have had time to have other children after Aenys. She was too busy warring with Dorne.

So far the confirmed brides of Maegor are Ceryse Hightower, Alys Harroway, Tyanna of Pentos, Rhaena (Aegon 1.5's wife) and Jeyne Westerling.

Do we know how many wives he eventually had?

Sorry guys, I'm too tired right now to write down everything I have. But it will come soon.

Enjoy yourself and get some rest! Thanks for taking notes. I hope you get a chance to ask Martin a question at a signing or something.

The VK was based in Dorne or rather in the border Region in the Mountains between Dorne and the marches. His supporters came from all over the Place, Not Dorne. In fact, Princess deria did. Not officially Support the VK.

Davos b. Was a son of orys, but its Not confirmed that eh succeeded him as lord.

This isn't very coherent please explain; "in fact, Princess...." what?

I can't understand why people go to conventions and spend so much time drinking. I don't. I've had bad experiences at scifi panels (unrelated to ASOIAF) in which co-panelists I was relying on showed up late and hammered. It is a business, not a party.

Was there any word, even remotely, on which dragon begat which other dragons? Exact lineages?

Quicksilver was Aenys's dragon, and Dreamfyre was ridden by his daughter Rhaena. Vermithor later belonged to Jaehaerys I and sounds like he was bigger than Dreamfyre during the Dance. Any news on Silverwing?

Yeah I am curious as to the dragon lineage. I have always thought that the reason the Targs kept their line pure was because one of their ancestors bonded to a certain dragon and they could only bond with a specific dragon line. I am building a few theories on that, including where Dany's eggs came from. I think that there was an actual blood swap somewhere down the line line so that the Targs have dragon blood and a specific dragon line has Targ blood. The possible inbreeding of the dragons would also explain the stunted offspring and failure to hatch.

MAJOR QUESTION: The Bubonicon reading said that Orys Baratheon was killed fighting the rebellion in the Vale of Arryn, not the new Vulture King in Dorne. Then Maegor flew on Balerion to the Vale and avenged him.

Was this a mistake by the previous reading or has it been altered now?

Can we get total confirmation that Orys in the version at LonCon died putting down the Vulture King? How did he die? In combat? It sounds like he just died of old age on his return or something.

We have previously believed that Maegor, after directly succeeding Orys Baratheon as Hand of the King, was Hand throughout the rest of Aenys's reign until his death.

Now we find that Maegor was exiled to Pentos about two years into Aenys's five year reign?

In that cast, who was Hand of the King during the rest of Aenys's rule, when the rebellions got very bad?

What sparked off the Faith Militant uprising? Aenys wedding Rhaena and Aegon, or Maegor's second polygamous marriage? I thought it was said that Maegor's marriage is what sparked that off - and that other "rebellions" occurred after the Rhaena/Aegon wedding. The four false kings rebellions? Or other, minor rebellions?

Where did Aegon I rule from?

We've previously (Bubonicon) had sparse mentions that the initial site of Aegon's Landing turned into a ramshackle boomtown of wood and earth known as "Aegonfort" (it started out as a military camp, and like a Roman legion base, sort of grew into a town).

Then that Aegon decided that this wouldn't do as a formal new capital city, so he had Aegonfort razed so they could lay the foundations for a whole new capital city ---though even then, King's Landing grew REALLY fast, under 50 years, without a lot of "urban planning", which led to slums like Flea Bottom (in contrast to Oldtown, which grew very slowly and incrementally in planned expansions).

It was said that Aegon moved the royal court to Dragonstone (apparently even he didn't think this was permanent, but for the years that construction would take place), except for the Iron Throne, which was too big to move.

From this reading, it does seem that Visenya and Maegor stayed at Dragonstone.

....but we're now also told that Aegon and Aenys lived in proto-King's Landing while it was under construction?

Moreover, if Aenys was the intellectual poet/philosopher, a courtier-king and great patron of the arts....why wouldn't he be growing up at the temporarily relocated "royal court"....on Dragonstone? Why would he be living at a construction site like that?

So where, exactly, was the "royal court"?

I can't understand why people go to conventions and spend so much time drinking. I don't. I've had bad experiences at scifi panels (unrelated to ASOIAF) in which co-panelists I was relying on showed up late and hammered. It is a business, not a party.

Please tell me you are not serious.

Yeah I am curious as to the dragon lineage. I have always thought that the reason the Targs kept their line pure was because one of their ancestors bonded to a certain dragon and they could only bond with a specific dragon line. I am building a few theories on that, including where Dany's eggs came from. I think that there was an actual blood swap somewhere down the line line so that the Targs have dragon blood and a specific dragon line has Targ blood. The possible inbreeding of the dragons would also explain the stunted offspring and failure to hatch.

There were no specific details given in the reading about any dragon family lines.

Archived