(Spoilers) Sons of the Dragon Reading at LonCon Today

Just for when the Con-goers drop by again;

Do we know how large Quicksilver was when he bonded with Aenys? Did Aenys hatch him, or was he already hatched?

There was nothing new in this reading on the dragons mentioned in the Rogue Prince or the Princess and the Queen.

Perhaps other Dornish houses?

Also, Deria did not "officially" support the VK, but perhaps unofficially? Secretly?

The impression I got from the reading is that the Princess of Dorne was not openly supporting the Vulture King, but was doing so secretly. The name of the Princess was unclear, it sounded like Doreah - presumably she is the successor to the "Yellow Toad" who defied Aegon's sister during he conquest.

Thank you for the summaries both Lord Varys and Arataniello, I enjoyed reading them :)

You are welcome. We are about halfway through. There are further notes to come concerning the rebellions that Aenys faced at the start of his realm, and then the real shitstorm that was caused by the combination of

- Aenys marrying his daughter to his son (Rhaena and Aegon)

- Maegor taking a second wife (Alys Harroway) while still married to his first wife.

You are welcome. We are about halfway through. There are further notes to come concerning the rebellions that Aenys faced at the start of his realm, and then the real shitstorm that was caused by the combination of

- Aenys marrying his daughter to his son (Rhaena and Aegon)

- Maegor taking a second wife (Alys Harroway) while still married to his first wife.

Can't wait!

Thanks for all the info!

Did Orys die before Aegon? I was surprised to see that Alyn Stokeworth was Hand. For some reason I thought Orys was still Hand when Aenys ascended the throne.

My scribbles definitely seem to indicate that Alyn Stokeworth was the Hand of the King at the time that the decision was made to rebuild King's Landing.

Later in the reading we learn that Stokeworth dies during the quelling of rebellion, and that Maegor is named as his replacement. When Maegor was exiled (haven't reached this point in my write-up), he was replaced by a Septon Murmison [sp?].

Orys Baratheon was mentioned in the LonCon reading, but there was no mention of his being Hand of the King. He definitely appears to have died after Aegon, since he (Orys) was involved in putting down the rebellion of the Vulture King after the accession of Aenys, and his (Orys') death was after that.

Maegor's bride was 10 years older than him? Ah, poor girl..

Was there any particular reason that she was still unwed at 23? Was this a remarriage, perhaps, as her first husband had died?

There was no explanation for her age or marital status before wedding Maegor.

My scribbles definitely seem to indicate that Alyn Stokeworth was the Hand of the King at the time that the decision was made to rebuild King's Landing.

Later in the reading we learn that Stokeworth dies during the quelling of rebellion, and that Maegor is named as his replacement. When Maegor was exiled (haven't reached this point in my write-up), he was replaced by a Septon Murmison [sp?].

Orys Baratheon was mentioned in the LonCon reading, but there was no mention of his being Hand of the King.

Thanks! Looking forward for more.

There will be further notes coming out when aratan, lord varys and me can get our shit together. I,m confident all info will be covered between our notes. The important stuff has been by the looks of it, but perhaps we can give more details when we can.

Met grrm, but for about ten seconds.

Ran and Linda were kind enough to give me an interview, providing there were no technical hitches, we,ll release an a woiaf preview interview reasonably soon. A lot about the process and details on the product.

I recommend reading Lord V's summaries in conjunction with mine (and others'). He has captured details that I have not - some details about the Aegon's Hands of the King, for example.

Orys Baratheon was mentioned in the LonCon reading, but there was no mention of his being Hand of the King. He definitely appears to have died after Aegon, since he (Orys) was involved in putting down the rebellion of the Vulture King after the accession of Aenys, and his (Orys') death was after that.

This post is important.

Question: Is it spelled "Ceryse" Hightower or "Cersei" Hightower?

Septon Murmison is a known Septon who became a Hand of the King, mentioned in Storm of Swords in a Davos POV. IIRC, he was a septon who could work miracles with prayers, but who was a horrible Hand.

So, no spelling error ;) We know the guy, but we didn't know the time he lived in yet.

But then now, we have as all Hands:

• Orys Baratheon

Osmund Strong

Alyn Stokeworth

Maegor Targaryen

Septon Murmison

Is this list correct?

Archived