(Spoilers) Sons of the Dragon Reading at LonCon Today

I believe we heard that Orys Baratheon was slain at Harrenhal during this Harren the Red episode but that was not certain. Anyone catch that?

Orys Baratheon died later, during the fight against the Vulture King. I haven't noted down any details except that Orys was known by this stage as Orys One Hand, and the leader of the VK's forces was the guy who cut off his hand. When Orys defeated/captured him, he cut off his maimer's hand in return - followed by his maimer's other hand and his feet. On the way back from this campaign Orys died, happy at the sight of the festering hands and feet hanging in his tent, according to his son Davos Baratheon.

I am going to postpone any further postings until someone with better notes can do the full thing. My notes are too scanty in loads of places. A lot of names of folk involved in this period of history were mentioned, and I there was so much detail to try to capture, my notes are inadequate.

Paging Lord Varys, Lord Varys to the white courtesy phone.....

Arataniello,

Should we ever See each other Face to Face this evening, and realize that this is the Case, we should be able to fill in whatever gaps that still remain. You have done a splendid Job already, though.

"Exiled to Pentos" is a wonderfully interesting punishment. You get exiled, but you don't get your choice of where to go. nor are you free to roam. I wonder how that could be enforced on the Pentos end, especially when the exiled is a dragonrider. Pentos is sounding more interesting by the minute.

Oh and what House was the Vulture King from?

There was no mention of the house, only that the Vulture King "appeared" in the Red Mountains of Dorne.

The other "false kings" that arose at the time of Aegon's death -

- Harren the Red, who claimed to be grandson of Harren the Black. He killed the lord of Harrenhal (Gargon Qoherys), and called himself "King of the Rivers".

- an ironborn (didn't get the name, a Greyjoy I think) who came out of the sea claiming to be a son of the Drowned god.

- brother of the ruling Arryn in the Vale, who imprisoned the Lord of the Vale and then had him out the Moon Door.

Arataniello,

Should we ever See each other Face to Face this evening, and realize that this is the Case, we should be able to fill in whatever gaps that still remain. You have done a splendid Job already, though.

Before the drinking starts. I'll bring my scribbles.

- brother of the ruling Arryn in the Vale, who imprisoned the Lord of the Vale and then had him out the Moon Door.

Aw, the Arryns I'm excited for some unknown reason about them and the Vale.

And now we have an Arryn killing another Arryn, a Lannister possibly killing his 3yr old niece to rule this is getting interesting I care more for the intrigue and history of the great houses and their regions than I do the big civil wars.

Is it too wild to presume that The Vulture King comes from a family with a birdy sigil? Do we have one of those? :D

Before the drinking starts. I'll bring my scribbles.

PITY. It's the after the drinking notes that we are truly after. :D Those and the compromising pics.

Is it too wild to presume that The Vulture King comes from a family with a birdy sigil? Do we have one of those? :D

PITY. It's the after the drinking notes that we are truly after. :D Those and the compromising pics.

Fowler IIRC

GRRM did mention that there were others after this one.

It's just weird because in the books all the references are to "The Vulture King" singular. I guess one of them was THE Vulture King and the others maybe had smaller armies trying to imitate him?

Archived