Mirri Maz Duur's "prophecy"

All the way back in AGOT Mirri Maz Duur told Dany "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the winds like leaves. When your womb quickens again and you bear a living child. Then, he will return and not before." And I have a feeling all of that is going to happen

Sun- Someone said how Quentyn is the sun which makes sense. He was born in the west then died in the east, rising and setting

Seas- I think it means the Dothraki sea. In Dany's last chapter when she was walking through the grass she was saying how in the winter the grass will turn brown and die. Or it could be the iron born, like Bran's vision in ACOK, they were considered the sea.

Mountains- I'm not sure about this. I think it could be Ser Gregor "The Mountain", but I don't know how he's supposed to blow in the wind like leaves.

Womb quickens- I also think Dany's pregnant. In her last chapter she was showing some signs of it. When she was walking down "Dragonstone" she was saying how she felt feverish, she threw up while walking by the stream (but GRRM played it off as if it were the berries to fool us), and then she got her period. I don't think GRRM would just throw in her period randomly there has to be a reason he told us that. She was saying how she didn't remember the last time she had her period and how it could have been a few months ago.

So, then when all of this happens Khal Drogo will return. I don't know how he's supposed to return though. He would only be ashes by now. Although a lot of stuff has happened in this book that I didn't think possible.

Thoughts?

My take on the prophecy:

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east - Quentyn Martell, a sun of Dorne, was born in the west (rises in the west) and died in the east (sets in the east)

When the seas go dry - In Dany's last Dance chapter, she notes how the Dothraki Sea, the grass sea, has gone dry

and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. - The pyramids in Meereen, that collapse because of Viserion and Rhaegel

When your womb quickens again, - Dany's symptoms seem like illness, but could possibly be more. Dany notes herself that she can't remember the last time she had bled, but more importantly, this is the first time that something like her moons blood has been described. There's meaning hidden in there. If this was a miscarriage, than her womb had quickened.

and you bear a living child. - The most difficult one of them all. I see three possibilities. Either the prophecy speaks about the birth of Dany's "children", her dragons. Dany is also called the Mother of Slaves, so in that scenario she had "beared" many children, not literally, but figuratively speaking. The third option is that Dany has yet to give birth (and that the prophecy hasn't been completely completed).

Then he will return, and not before. - In the first two of the scenarions in "and you bear a living child", all components of the prophecy have been fullfilled. And finally, when Dany remembers in the last few pages of Dance, who she truly is (Fire and Blood), Drogon returns.. Now, MMD was speaking about Drogo, the Dothraki Khal, not about Drogon, the dragon that hadn't even been born yet by that point. But Drogon was named for Drogo, and if death can pay for life, Drogo's death might have specifically paid for Drogons life, and thus, in a way, Drogo returned to Dany's side,

In the third scenario given under "and you bear a living child", the prophecy isn't at an end yet. In that third scenario, Dany will birth an actual child. Should she name that child Drogo, then "Drogo" would actually be returning to her.. in a way.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My take on the prophecy:

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east - Quentyn Martell, a sun of Dorne, was born in the west (rises in the west) and died in the east (sets in the east)

When the seas go dry - In Dany's last Dance chapter, she notes how the Dothraki Sea, the grass sea, has gone dry

and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. - The pyramids in Meereen, that collapse because of Viserion and Rhaegel

When your womb quickens again, - Dany's symptoms seem like illness, but could possibly be more. Dany notes herself that she can't remember the last time she had bled, but more importantly, this is the first time that something like her moons blood has been described. There's meaning hidden in there. If this was a miscarriage, than her womb had quickened.

You got really good points there. I think this is more likely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The mountains blow in the wind like leaves sounds somewhat like an avalanche to me but the destruction of the pyramids could mean that. I kind of thought that Dany's was preggers. It's possible it happened on her second wedding night. also just because she is bleeding some doesn't necessarily mean she had a miscarriage. She could still be preggers ATM.

All the way back in AGOT Mirri Maz Duur told Dany "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the winds like leaves. When your womb quickens again and you bear a living child. Then, he will return and not before." And I have a feeling all of that is going to happen

Sun- Someone said how Quentyn is the sun which makes sense. He was born in the west then died in the east, rising and setting

Seas- I think it means the Dothraki sea. In Dany's last chapter when she was walking through the grass she was saying how in the winter the grass will turn brown and die. Or it could be the iron born, like Bran's vision in ACOK, they were considered the sea.

Mountains- I'm not sure about this. I think it could be Ser Gregor "The Mountain", but I don't know how he's supposed to blow in the wind like leaves.

Womb quickens- I also think Dany's pregnant. In her last chapter she was showing some signs of it. When she was walking down "Dragonstone" she was saying how she felt feverish, she threw up while walking by the stream (but GRRM played it off as if it were the berries to fool us), and then she got her period. I don't think GRRM would just throw in her period randomly there has to be a reason he told us that. She was saying how she didn't remember the last time she had her period and how it could have been a few months ago.

So, then when all of this happens Khal Drogo will return. I don't know how he's supposed to return though. He would only be ashes by now. Although a lot of stuff has happened in this book that I didn't think possible.

Thoughts?

Some good points. I think Quentyn as referred to as the "Suns son" but this could make sense

The "Mountain blowing in the wind" could refer to when Ser Gregor is undone, eg it reckon those Mel style shadow things have been bound to his body by Qyburn, so if that is undone then presumably the shadows would dissipate or "blow in the wind". Or it could relate to his state now as Ser Gregor if movement of his body is being dictated by those shadow things

I wonder if Khal Drogo will return, it's hard on the one hand given his body was burned etc, but on the other hand he and then his body was caught up in some magic ritual (well, two) involving the sacrifice of Mirri Maaz Duur and the birth of the Dragons

I wonder if his spirit can come back and have a second life in Drogon Varymyr style?

If this did happen in some capacity it would happen towards the end

My take on the prophecy:

and you bear a living child. - The most difficult one of them all. I see three possibilities. Either the prophecy speaks about the birth of Dany's "children", her dragons. Dany is also called the Mother of Slaves, so in that scenario she had "beared" many children, not literally, but figuratively speaking. The third option is that Dany has yet to give birth (and that the prophecy hasn't been completely completed).

Then he will return, and not before. - In the first two of the scenarions in "and you bear a living child", all components of the prophecy have been fullfilled. And finally, when Dany remembers in the last few pages of Dance, who she truly is (Fire and Blood), Drogon returns.. Now, MMD was speaking about Drogo, the Dothraki Khal, not about Drogon, the dragon that hadn't even been born yet by that point. But Drogon was named for Drogo, and if death can pay for life, Drogo's death might have specifically paid for Drogons life, and thus, in a way, Drogo returned to Dany's side,

In the third scenario given under "and you bear a living child", the prophecy isn't at an end yet. In that third scenario, Dany will birth an actual child. Should she name that child Drogo, then "Drogo" would actually be returning to her.. in a way.

I wonder if it will be a delayed birth of Rhaego? A fully grown Rhaego was seen in one of the House of Undying visions

• 1 month later...

I never thought that would be the big prophecy that Dany deals with I always thought the House of the Undying prophecy would be bigger.

The Mountain could be the fact that after Gregor Clegane dies, his body or head or something is taken to Dorne for Doran's "venegance" Ser Boros Blount was commanded to bring the head to him "with extreme haste" by Cersei. This could be interpreted as Blount "flew" the head to Sunspear.

I'm also gonna go with something that would be totally awesome. If Gregor was brought back by Qyburn, when and if Dany invades he could be charging at a Dragon and they pick him up and throw him. The Mountais will "fly like a leaf in the wind" That would be really awesome!

Archived