DC 2017, Helsinki 2017, Montreal 2017, or Nippon 2017, advocate your preference

I'm an open advocate of DC already a supporting member. We have a number of BWB on the committee organizing DC 17 (Arlington Bill and. Makhtobanabi to name two) They have a great committee with lots of experience (they do Capclave yearly). It's fairly easy for everyone to travel to DC as it has a major airport there.

I'm backing DC.

Who do you advocate and why.

If you're at the con... how do you get to see Helsinki? ;)

By not going to panels during the day? LOL. Worked for me in San Antonio and I saw lots of the sights there during WorldCon. Did con activities in the late afternoon/evening.

But seriously for Helsinki, I would just go over early and/or stay later. I have a friend that lives there that would take me around.

Helsinki. Always wanted to go to that part of the world and it's cheaper and I would have more of chance to get there. If DC wins there's just no way in hell.

N

KT1,

To be honest DC is a driveable trip for me. I still prefer DC on the merits.

I'd very much like to fly to DC, but then I'll be beginning saving money for that trip from now on. And yeah, I know it's three years ahead.

I was so ... disappointed when I learned that I wouldn't be able to attend WorldCon this year. Due to my work.

I have a feeling this will be pretty much a Europe/America split. Hopefully DC and Montreal will split the American vote so Helsinki can win :)

More seriously, I much prefer the Euro Worldcons - more diversity, less generic than the US ones I've been to. Plus, the Helsinki party had lots of different flavours of vodka, while all DC had was a non-alcoholic punch.

See, Helsinki is wooing people with the "demon Alcohol". ;)

The DC crew will do a hell of a job with this Con. Give them the opportunity to do it .

:)

The demon alcohol doesn't appeal to me. In fact, I'm not a heavy drinker when it comes to parties. I'm usually the one who does the driving.

Helsinki. We missed our chance with London even though we had vowed to go because of a series of unforeseen expenses and mistakes. There is no way we can make a US con, having one in Europe is a lot more doable. The Monsters will be 6 years old by then, leaving them with someone will be a lot easier.

Archived