DC 2017, Helsinki 2017, Montreal 2017, or Nippon 2017, advocate your preference

I think we can just assume that people who are only able to make it to one or the other are going to vote for that site. People who can make both/neither should research all options and decide what's best for them/WorldCon without us pressuring them.

Let's not turn brother against brother and sister against sister--did we learn nothing from the Dance of the Dragons? :P

So 2017 is the Four Kings War? Not a good sign. <Not Joffrey>

I voted for Helsinki, both because yay!Europe and because I was impressed with the bid they put together (I'm just going by the paperwork linked on Sasquan, since it's my first site selection vote).

I've just voted for Helsinki. I liked the bit of Finland I saw last month so I'd be interested in seeing the mainland at some point as well. It's also by far the easiest for me to get to so there's not much competition there.

I put DC as a second preference since the people in this thread did argue a good case for it, even if I doubt I'd actually go to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just voted.

Whatever your preferences,  If you want a say in where worldcon is, then make sure you vote.

And remember that you don't have to vote for just one bid.   Use your 2nd and 3rd choice ect.

If your not going to Squashcon then Vote soon or it will be too late.

I can't vote, getting a name mismatch error on the form. Despite having checked the name I registered with and having it confirmed in writing. 

Have emailed. I sense a conspiracy. Pun intended.

I can't vote, getting a name mismatch error on the form. Despite having checked the name I registered with and having it confirmed in writing. 

Have emailed. I sense a conspiracy. Pun intended.

You're the second person I have seen with this complaint today. I'll assume it is a database issue.

Mail in ballot will work. If you are attending, you can walk up and vote. My most likely voting plan.

I won't be attending because America. Can't afford 2 trips there in 6 months.

They got back to me - they messed up and allocated a couple of us the same member number. But somehow my Hugo votes weren't affected. Still waiting on a resolution.

I won't be attending because America. Can't afford 2 trips there in 6 months.

They got back to me - they messed up and allocated a couple of us the same member number. But somehow my Hugo votes weren't affected. Still waiting on a resolution.

That is good to hear. Maybe you voted for the Hugo first, so it wasn't a problem. Then again, you may want to resubmit your ballot since there could be an overwrite issue.

AB

• 2 weeks later...

Just mailed in my ballot and thought I'd bump this thread to remind any [i]non-attending[/i] members that you need to mail in your vote in the next day or two, since the deadline for all mailed ballots is this coming Monday, 10 August. 

(Those of you going to Spokane can take care of this in person.)

Just announced, a big DC17 event at Sasquan. Do the parties seem to crowded and noisy? Head over to the Frontier Pavilion at the park just down from the Convention center on Thursday from 11 AM to 3 PM for the DC17 Cook Out.... https://www.facebook.com/events/1885934678297601/ ... you can ask all of your DC related questions in a wide open space.

Bah, I was all excited about a cookout, then noticed it's the exact time as the float trip.  Maybe we'll be back in time for me to grab a cold burger. :P

Yeah, I had no control over timing. I personally wanted it to be Friday, but was overruled.

I expect we'll be able to accommodate if you send a warning ahead... Unless the whole convention shows up... then we could have issues.

AB

Archived