DC 2017, Helsinki 2017, Montreal 2017, or Nippon 2017, advocate your preference

Linda and I will be there, for certain. :)

BTW, for those who can't imagine spending that much money for a worldcon, bear in mind that Helsinki has a new high-speed train that takes you to St. Petersburg in 3.5 hours, and ferries can get you to Stockholm in less than a day at very reasonable cost, and I believe Talinn in Estonia's an even quicker ferry trip. So a trip there can easily be rolled into a trip to see some other countries as well at very reasonable cost and without too much extra time taken.

Really looking forward to planning a trip around this. I had tentative plans to go on a European vacation next summer, but I think I will wait until 2017 now and end it in Helsinki. And...this may be the first time since Montreal that I will be able to attend the whole convention! Yay!

And wedding!  :cheers:

Ran,

Linda and I will be there, for certain. :)

BTW, for those who can't imagine spending that much money for a worldcon, bear in mind that Helsinki has a new high-speed train that takes you to St. Petersburg in 3.5 hours, and ferries can get you to Stockholm in less than a day at very reasonable cost, and I believe Talinn in Estonia's an even quicker ferry trip. So a trip there can easily be rolled into a trip to see some other countries as well at very reasonable cost and without too much extra time taken.

It will be awesome. My frustration is that non-North American Worldcons cube the cost for me as it would be wrong to travel outside of NA without the family. Instead of paying for my flight, membership, and spliting a room with 3 other people we have to by us all flights, memberships, and pay for one room on our own.

Of course the same is true for Europeans traveling to NA so, at the end of the day, it's only fair.

Archived