Two covers for TWOIAF?

I was looking on Amazon and noticed they have two covers for TWOIAF, and wondered why that is.

Here's the different version, with a black cover, and they've also got the other, original, cover.

To add to what LG said, all Uk outlets will be sending out black cover i think, but the design is new so they're using the old stock photo of the red cover on websites - as it was designed earlier.

• 1 month later...

As the publishing date grows near, I've pretty much fallen inlove with the Black and White cover (for obvious reasons :D) and that's the one I want to buy. I have no idea if the bookstores here will sell it, so I'm thinking about buying it from Amazon.

According to this thread, the Black and White cover is the UK edition - however, when I click on the two links in the Notable Releases section, both the US and UK editions show me the red one (and both say Bantam). Is this because both editions have switched to it? Or is it just a picture/edition mismatch on Amazon's part?

I did find the black cover (http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Ice-Fire-Song/dp/0007580916/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412239839&sr=1-1&keywords=world+of+ice+and+fire) and it says Harper Voyager. So is this the real UK edition?

Edit: There also seems to be a difference in the books' dimensions. The Bantam edition says that it is 31.1 x 23.6 x 4.1 cm, while the Harper Voyager link above says 30.2 x 23.6 x 2.8 cm. Are those just typos or are the two editions really different in size?

As the publishing date grows near, I've pretty much fallen inlove with the Black and White cover (for obvious reasons :D) and that's the one I want to buy. I have no idea if the bookstores here will sell it, so I'm thinking about buying it from Amazon.

According to this thread, the Black and White cover is the UK edition - however, when I click on the two links in the Notable Releases section, both the US and UK editions show me the red one (and both say Bantam). Is this because both editions have switched to it? Or is it just a picture/edition mismatch on Amazon's part?

I did find the black cover (http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Ice-Fire-Song/dp/0007580916/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412239839&sr=1-1&keywords=world+of+ice+and+fire) and it says Harper Voyager. So is this the real UK edition?

Edit: There also seems to be a difference in the books' dimensions. The Bantam edition says that it is 31.1 x 23.6 x 4.1 cm, while the Harper Voyager link above says 30.2 x 23.6 x 2.8 cm. Are those just typos or are the two editions really different in size?

No doubt, the black is the official UK version :)

As for the trim size, it might be a minor variation, but since I doubt the US version is really 1.3 cm thicker (which would mean 100s more pages) I'm guessing the Voyager dimensions are based on early estimates. One thing we know for sure is that the book grew in the writing.

Hi guys, I pre-ordered the book on Amazon UK months ago (it showed the red cover). Amazon emailed me the other day saying the release date has been pushed back to 20 November, and the site now shows the black cover version. The red cover version still exists on Amazon UK but shows as unavailable; the black one indeed says available 20 November. I hope this is some bizarre Amazon UK mess up, rather than the UK release date being pushed back!

Hi guys, I pre-ordered the book on Amazon UK months ago (it showed the red cover). Amazon emailed me the other day saying the release date has been pushed back to 20 November, and the site now shows the black cover version. The red cover version still exists on Amazon UK but shows as unavailable; the black one indeed says available 20 November. I hope this is some bizarre Amazon UK mess up, rather than the UK release date being pushed back!

Amazon UK is confused. You will get a black cover, and the release date is 28 October

Stop trying to seduce me. I've pre-ordered almost a year and a half ago, and now there's this gorgeous cover...

On Amazon.de, they seem to be a bit confused in pages as well. The black hardcover version mentions 288 pages, red 336. Same for the dimensions you mentioned.

Price of red seems to be 23.95€ now, and black 21.95€. (My pre-order of the red one seems to be 23.72€.)

Also noticed this:

Voraussichtliches Versanddatum: 20. August 2014 - 3. November 2014

Lieferung voraussichtlich: 22. August 2014 - 6. November 2014

I hope they don't keep the book an extra week. And lol @ August. Don't let me stop you from sending it now.

Edit: Can we assume that both books are completely idential but for the cover? No chance in fonts, etc.? (I take it they are the same, since with the art it's extremely difficult to change things, all of it needs to fit in the space you have.)

Unfortunately, my indies don't stock fantasy... So, Bookdepository it is - for the copies in English.

Yes, it does (best to check your country) . Depending on where you need it to go, you could even get free delivery on certain items, e.g. I have no delivery costs for books (that appears to be more a Benelux, Switzerland and Liechtenstein thing).

Thanks for your reply! :)

Yes, it does (best to check your country) . Depending on where you need it to go, you could even get free delivery on certain items, e.g. I have no delivery costs for books (that appears to be more a Benelux, Switzerland and Liechtenstein thing).

Thank you, ordered the black one and it's 13euros cheaper in Germany compared to the UK. It's also the place to order the red one if someone would want one of those, since it seems like UK won't sell them (23.72 euros in Germany).

Archived