Bowen Marsh Cast! (Maybe spoilers?)

Fury Burns

they kind of made thorne a badass last season, so that makes me doubt that he is the one to stab jon. I have no idea why edd would do it either. I think the most likely thing is for thorne to do it, but they would have to build up him being a dick again, and do a good job of it. or it could be someone else who was cast, but not announced who will have a bigger role than marsh.

This also proves that they're still finding people to cast. So some Northern Lords like Wyman and Barbrey aren't necessarily cut. Just not in yet.

Exactly for all we know they are still looking to cast Euron, Victarion, Aeron, Aegon and Jon Con. The whole possible merging Trystyne with Aegon seems similar to last year with people panicking that they may replace Bronn with Oberyn.

Exactly for all we know they are still looking to cast Euron, Victarion, Aeron, Aegon and Jon Con. The whole possible merging Trystyne with Aegon seems similar to last year with people panicking that they may replace Bronn with Oberyn.

Merging Trystane with Aegon would be non sense. That's like spoiling the entire Young Griff plotline in the books. Aegon is important because he is supposedly a lost Targ.

-The Ides of March doesn't happen this season. My own choice, and, IMO, a wrong decision from D&D

I would do the same thing, for a number of reasons:

- There is a lot of story for the Wall in s5, even without the stabbing

- The stabbing, IMO, would be too much of a cliffhanger for a TV show; moreover: I mean, how do you promote s6 - with or without Kit?

- The free folk passing the wall is a damn fine ending moment for s5

They have established Thenns, and Alys Krastark should be there as a proof to Mel's flawed interpretations. The LC election may take a couple of episodes, like they dragged Tyrion's trial. And they need to establish Jon's leadership. So most probably we won't get Ides of Marsh this season. Marsh will be an LC candidate and later bitter sidekick of Jon, and next season, the Brutus. The wall stuff took a good portion of book 5, and from the other casting, it seems they will spend a lot time in KL with Cersei, and in Dorne with all the Sandsnakes. Ep9 will be the Walk and ep10 Dany's 'Fly, Drogon, fly'.

- The stabbing, IMO, would be too much of a cliffhanger for a TV show; moreover: I mean, how do you promote s6 - with or without Kit?

By the time the stabbing would be shown (Late days of May-Early June) we might even have WOW out. And if not, I'm pretty sre it'll be out before season 6 starts.

Also, there were two cliffhangers for Jon: At the end of ASOS and at the end of ADWD. D&D may have cut them both.

I didnt take the end of ASOS for Jon to be a cliffhanger, quite the opposite, it was the definite end of an arc (the Watch alone against the Wildlings) and the beginning of a new one (Lord Commander). We know right away from the end of Storm that he'll say no to Stannis and accept his duties.

I know I'm going to sound like an absolute arsehole here, guys and gals, but I'm going to call this now: the show will NOT cover Jon's stabbing. Let's face it, unless we've all misread the books in a major way, he is going to survive this stabbing one way or another. If GRRM's solution in WOW is to have Jon warg into Ghost for a time and have Mel 'resurrect' him, I can see the show dropping that altogether in any case. So, if Jon is going to survive - as we know he is going to ;) - why bother with the stabbing at all? Streamlining..... it's going to be their major concern for these last 2/3 seasons.

Don't get me wrong here - I would want the Ides as much as any other reader, but I can definitely see it being jettisoned.

And of course, I could be talking out of my arse, as GRRM could let Jon die in TWOW - but, really.....do any of us seriously believe that?

Thoughts, anyone?

I know I'm going to sound like an absolute arsehole here, guys and gals, but I'm going to call this now: the show will NOT cover Jon's stabbing. Let's face it, unless we've all misread the books in a major way, he is going to survive this stabbing one way or another. If GRRM's solution in WOW is to have Jon warg into Ghost for a time and have Mel 'resurrect' him, I can see the show dropping that altogether in any case. So, if Jon is going to survive - as we know he is going to ;) - why bother with the stabbing at all? Streamlining..... it's going to be their major concern for these last 2/3 seasons.

Don't get me wrong here - I would want the Ides as much as any other reader, but I can definitely see it being jettisoned.

And of course, I could be talking out of my arse, as GRRM could let Jon die in TWOW - but, really.....do any of us seriously believe that?

Thoughts, anyone?

Because the stabbing is going to change him forever.

I've been considering the idea that the show will skip entirely the stabbing and if it does, I wouldnt be surprised but for now, I place higher odds on the stabbing being kept.

Because the stabbing is going to change him forever.

As in 'Kill the boy and let the man be born?' What if they do away with that?

I think it all depends on Jon's final arc, as GRRM has intimated to D&D. If, for instance, he finds out his parentage but defers his rights to Sansa/Bran/Rickon etc., the stabbing will make no difference, and I can see them dropping it. If it is his way out of the NW vows and he's going to end up on the throne, then it does become more important.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but we know how much they've changed already, and I can see this one biting the dust. I really hope I'm wrong, but I think we all have to prepare for great chunks of story being chopped from now on. :(

As in 'Kill the boy and let the man be born?' What if they do away with that?

I think it all depends on Jon's final arc, as GRRM has intimated to D&D. If, for instance, he finds out his parentage but defers his rights to Sansa/Bran/Rickon etc., the stabbing will make no difference, and I can see them dropping it. If it is his way out of the NW vows and he's going to end up on the throne, then it does become more important.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but we know how much they've changed already, and I can see this one biting the dust. I really hope I'm wrong, but I think we all have to prepare for great chunks of story being chopped from now on. :(

Because it'll change him greatly. I'm not even talking about the "resurrection" theories, which, of coure, would change him completely. I'm talking about the hatred and betrayal he'll get once he recovers, the character development he'll go through.

In some years, we'll talk about Pre WOW Jon Snow and after WOW Jon Snow.

First thought that comes to my mind is that the report may simply be wrong or incorrect, and that he will appear in some of the later episodes of the season and Jon's stabbing will occur before season's end. I personally wouldn't like if they had someone like Aliser or Janos pull off the stabbing since it would come off more as their personal animosity towards him than Jon making some bad decisions for the Night's Watch.

Other thought is that they may simply cut it out entirely, which I would welcome. For TV viewers, are we losing a big shocking moment? Yes. Which is really only the downside. From a book perspective, Jon's stabbing was at least thematically a terrible decision, one of the worst in the entire ASOIAF series. While there is appropriate build up to it in ADWD (and Jon deserves it), there isn't a person in the world who believes that he is actually dead and it would be monumentally bad storytelling across the entire series if he is dead. Unless there is some great things in WOW coming out of this, which is unlikely (and we likely won't know before next season airs anyway). I'd welcome them cutting this from the show entirely.

I kind of hoped that Alliser Thorne stabs Jon Snow. After making him a moderately likable character in "Watchers on the Wall," it would be cool to see him stab Jon - and it would go along with his character too: a wildling-hating man who has no love for Jon Snow either. At least, this is what I hope happens. I don't think that would put the "Ides" in so early in Season 5, nor would they leave it for next season. It's too good of a cliffhanger.

Archived