The Fate of the Greyjoys

The brown snake

What do you think is going to happen to the Greyjoys?

Theon/ Reek and Asha/ Yarra and currently prisonars of Stannis he plans to kill Theon.

Damphair is hiding.

Victorian is in Merreen and unaware that Danny isint home.

Euron is 'king' and is conquering the reach.

So what do you think? How lives by the end of the final book?

They all die, except Theon

Agreed. Euron may die in Oldtown at the hands of a certain crow, Asha in the Battle of Ice and Victarion in Essos at Dany's hands. Aeron may try to make himself a preist-king out of desperation, but something tells me that BR will send the Hammer of the Waters to Pyke.

I think House Greyjoy is headed for extinction.

1) Asha attempts a rescue mission to get Theon to Torren Square, during the battle of ice.. She succeeds but dies in front of the weirwood. Her blood acts as a sacrifice, which Bran/Bloodraven uses to pay for Jon´s life.

2) Euron is killed in Oldtown by Sam

3) Victarion is roasted by Drogon

4) Aeron crowns himself as a priest-king, in an attempt to keep the old way, and is killed when bran drops a hammer of the waters on pyke.

5) Theon goes back to Iron Islands, where he is choosen king by a coalition of "progresive" ironborn (lead by reader and others) to kill the "Old Way". Ends up bending the knee for King Jon

6) He is succeeded by his bastard son.

1) Asha attempts a rescue mission to get Theon to Torren Square, during the battle of ice.. She succeeds but dies in front of the weirwood. Her blood acts as a sacrifice, which Bran/Bloodraven uses to pay for Jon´s life.

4) Aeron crowns himself as a priest-king, in an attempt to keep the old way, and is killed when bran drops a hammer of the waters on pyke.

5) Theon goes back to Iron Islands, where he is choosen king by a coalition of "progresive" ironborn (lead by reader and others) to kill the "Old Way". Ends up bending the knee for King Jon

Sam isn't going to be killing anyone.

What bastard son does Theon have? the only possible ones I can think of were stuck up on the walls of WF.

What bastard son does Theon have? the only possible ones I can think of were stuck up on the walls of WF.

1)http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79195-eurons-attack-on-oldtown/

2) the captain´s daughter

“My father,” she told him. “Once you’re gone, he’ll punish me, milord. He’ll call me names and hit me.”

Theon swept his cloak off its peg and over his shoulders. “Fathers are like that,” he admitted as he pinned the folds with a silver clasp. “Tell him he should be pleased. As many times as I’ve fucked you, you’re likely with child. It’s not every man who has the honor of raising a king’s bastard.” She looked at him stupidly, so he left her there.

I only agree with 3 and 5. Everything else would make me throw my book through a window

Agreed. Euron may die in Oldtown at the hands of a certain crow, Asha in the Battle of Ice and Victarion in Essos at Dany's hands. Aeron may try to make himself a preist-king out of desperation, but something tells me that BR will send the Hammer of the Waters to Pyke.

I think House Greyjoy is headed for extinction.

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. Damphair is a prophet. A servant of he who dwells beneath the waves. He doesn't want to be king himself, just see that a godly man sits the seastone chair. Euron himself has like, at least a dozen mongrel sons. Theon may have some. Asha is like to get preggers. You may not like the Greyjoys or IB but to say they'll go extinct is about as likely as learning all of ASOIAF was happening in the Matrix the whole time, and then they woke up.

The hammer of waters may yet happen again, and there is a vision of towers by the sea being washed away or something, but the only other time the hammer of waters was used was to split the westeros/essos land bridge to keep men away. What purpose would be served sending it on Pyke? Even if, Goodbrothers in Hammerhorn wouldn't even get wet & they could be kings again.

*& Sam killing Euron.... Hhahahahhhahhahhahah!...lol lol

..OMG.. omg wait, can't breath...hahhhahahhahahha hahhahha lol

I only agree with 3 and 5. Everything else would make me throw my book through a window

really?

don´t you believe in some kind of sacrifice of king´s blood to pay for jon´s life?

Sam killing euron has some foreshadowing to back it as well..

the rest i admit its mostly crakcpot. but then again, almost all the speculation of the end is crackpot.

really?

don´t you believe in some kind of sacrifice of king´s blood to pay for jon´s life?

Sam killing euron has some foreshadowing to back it as well..

the rest i admit its mostly crakcpot. but then again, almost all the speculation of the end is crackpot.

The idea of characters like Asha or Theon getting sacrificed to save Jon pisses me to no end. Granted, I'm obviously biased because I love the Greyjoys and Jon is not one of my favorites, but I'd still see it as a waste of good characters and a highly frustrating conclusion to their arcs.

And Sam killing Euron, well, that would be incredibly unrealistic and chessy and it would shatter every last drop of the unpredictability and realism that has characterized the series so far

The Hammer of the Waters...well, I could see something like that happening, why not? But like the good Damphair said above, it would be such a pointless waste to set it on Pyke of all places.

Oh my sweet summer's child. Disagree with Fire Eater if you must, but he knows these books better than almost anyone not named George.

As a published writer w/ a Masters in English & having read and listened to ASOIAF several times I'll keep my own council on knowing these books thanks very much.

@FireEater, your mischaracterization of Aeron Greyjoy is glaring for one. Why BR would send the hammer of waters to Pyke even if he could is given no explanation, and what you site as 'foreshadowing' to predict your Oldtown fanfic is contrived or tenuous. I do like your notion of Euron taking longships over land to get to the Honeywine and attack from an unexpected direction though, that was cool.

Neuron is killed by Sam when he is defending Hilly. Theon takes the black. The damp hair is killed by his brother who is king while Victarian marries can't but gets killed by a dragon. The king lives but gets defeated and must bend the knee. Asus ends up married to some Lord on the mainland.

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. Damphair is a prophet. A servant of he who dwells beneath the waves. He doesn't want to be king himself, just see that a godly man sits the seastone chair. Euron himself has like, at least a dozen mongrel sons. Theon may have some. Asha is like to get preggers. You may not like the Greyjoys or IB but to say they'll go extinct is about as likely as learning all of ASOIAF was happening in the Matrix the whole time, and then they woke up.

That is not true, I like the Reader and Dagmer Cleftjaw, you just make that assumption with no evidence to back it up. Damphair is a religious fanatic with no known prophetic visions. As for Euron's children, bastards can't inherit and Theon has no known children, and at most he has a bastard. Asha is more likely to die in the Battle of Ice, IMO, as her POV is "The Sacrifice" even though she wasn't sacrificed. Her life could be the sacrifice by ice to revive Jon. She makes decisions that get her deeper into the hole by going where the action is. She goes to the kingsmoot to press her claim despite the Reader's advice, and she ends up exiled. She later finds her army destroyed, and herself a prisoner staying at Deepwood Motte. I think she will opt to fight in the Battle of Ice, and be cornered against a (weirwood this time) tree like in the Battle of Deepwood Motte.

As to "You don't know what you're talking about," And you do? Unless, you have a copy of TWoW or ADoS in front of you, where do you have the authority to make that statement? You are just being arrogant and disrespectful in that, IMO and no offense, and disqualifying yourself from a mature discourse.

@FireEater, your mischaracterization of Aeron Greyjoy is glaring for one. Why BR would send the hammer of waters to Pyke even if he could is given no explanation, and what you site as 'foreshadowing' to predict your Oldtown fanfic is highly contrived at worst and extremely tenuous at best. I do like your notion of Euron taking longships over land to get to the Honeywine and attack from an unexpected direction though, that was cool.

Aeron has shown to become desperate when trying to rally the smallfolk of the Iron Isles to overthrow the decision of his kingsmoot against their lords and warriors. Aeron wouldn't want his house to go extinct, and Theon can't procreate for the House nor is he like to win any support. The Iron Isles would fall apart to infighting without a Lord Paramount as lords fight for supremacy. Desperate times call for desperate measures as they say. There is also precedent for a priest-king with Lodos.

BR put down the Greyjoy insurrection according to Victarion, and from what we saw in TMK, likely told the Greyjoys he would give Pyke the same treatment he gave Whitewalls if they ever got into their shenanigans again. Pyke and krakens are also referenced with the Broken Arm in a few instances, which was broken by the Hammer of the Waters.

Would you please use the term fanfic in its proper definition. Euron dying at Oldtown isn't fanfic since it is a prediction for events inside canon not outside canon. Must you disparage ta theory just because you don't agree with it? You don't have a copy of TWoW to disprove it.

To quote Socrates: "I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is - for he knows nothing, and thinks that he knows. I neither know nor think that I know."

Oh my sweet summer's child. Disagree with Fire Eater if you must, but he knows these books better than almost anyone not named George.

I wouldn't go so far as to claim that. I think Elio knows these books better than me.

*& Sam killing Euron.... Hhahahahhhahhahhahah!...lol lol

..OMG.. omg wait, can't breath...hahhhahahhahahha hahhahha lol

And Sam killing Euron, well, that would be incredibly unrealistic and chessy and it would shatter every last drop of the unpredictability and realism that has characterized the series so far

Yeah, Sam's not going to kill anyone, especially a dangerous warrior like Euron. That would be as unrealistic and cheesy as if Sam killed an Other. Never gonna happen. And if it did, the book would be a laughingstock, and certainly wouldn't be widely considered the best book of the series. Sam the Slayer. Yeah right.

Archived