The Fate of the Greyjoys

The brown snake

Victarion shares some parallels with Bittersteel but he also shares some parallels with Maekar. I favor the theory that he will end up killing Barristan in a "tourney mishap" sort of thing. He will challenge seven champions to win the rulership of Meereen after the battle. Barristan and Jorah will be among those who will not want to hand the charge of the city to a bloody ironborn, especially if that bloody ironborn steals one of Dany's dragons and means to take Dany too.

That's seems unlikely. Firstly, I don't see Victarion taking part in a 'trial of the seven' style fight. It doesn't seem like his style. I would guess that most ironborn are prefer proper battle to tournament fighting.

Secondly, why would he want to rule Meereen anyway? He came for Dany and her dragons, not to rule somewhere in Essos?

That's seems unlikely. Firstly, I don't see Victarion taking part in a 'trial of the seven' style fight. It doesn't seem like his style. I would guess that most ironborn are prefer proper battle to tournament fighting.

“The Knight took Grimston by himself. He planted his standard beneath the castle and defied the Grimms to face him. One did, and then another, and another. He slew them all . . . well, near enough, two yielded. When the seventh man went down, Lord Grimm’s septon decided the gods had spoken and surrendered the castle.” Hotho laughed. “He’ll be the Lord of Greyshield, and welcome to it. With him gone, I am the Reader’s heir.” He thumped his wine cup against his chest. “Hotho the Humpback, Lord of Harlaw.”

“Seven, you say.” Victarion wondered how Nightfall would fare against his axe. He had never fought a man armed with a Valyrian steel blade, though he had thrashed young Harras Harlaw many a time when both of them were young. As a boy Harlaw had been fast friends with Balon’s eldest son, Rodrik, who had died beneath the walls of Seagard.

I think Victarion will challenge Barristan as the champion of Drowned God and the Red God to show that his cause is more just than Barristan's.

Secondly, why would he want to rule Meereen anyway? He came for Dany and her dragons, not to rule somewhere in Essos?

Why not? There are two dragons, the city is in chaos and the Volantene Fleet is coming. He has to act fast and make preparations. Neither Barristan nor Jorah would give him any saying in the ruling and he needs to pay the iron price to take control of the city. Instead of making a war, they can settle the issue with a trial by combat.

Is that meant to be insulting? If so, you are being anything but professional.

Except even in the forums, there are certain rules. You should speak nicely and diplomatically, not to minors but everyone. That is what I do. Expressing your opinion (which you are entitled to) is one thing, but denigrating others is another. I would have expected a higher level of professionalism from you, no offense.

:agree:

The vast majority of boarders do not want westeros.org to resemble the comments section on Youtube. Perhaps you should devote the content of your posts more towards evidence and reasoning, rather than denigrating others and boasting about degrees.

:agree:

Ok the video was funny but people aren't gonna want to post if ya take the micky just no need for it

The vast majority of boarders do not want westeros.org to resemble the comments section on Youtube. Perhaps you should devote the content of your posts more towards evidence and reasoning, rather than denigrating others and boasting about degrees.

If memory serves you were the one to start boasting about how FireEater is some kind of "expert" on ASOIAF.

As if such a thing had any actual meaning.

But both BR and BS survived that battle no? And wouldn't Victarion have helped Barristan and Dany by smashing the slaver blockade? Why would they fight?

Victarion wants to kill Hizdahr while Barristan is still bound to defend him as Dany's husband and his king, and he won't extra-judicially kill Hizdahr.

I've been brusque w/ him, yes, but if FireEater wants me to educate him anymore he'll need to pay me. I've taken too much time away from lesson planning for my real job arguing against him here today. I"m dropping knowledge while also being feisty. My point went right over his head when I said GRRM uses ALLUSIONS in the prophecies (they're pretty much just that).

Protip: An ALLUSION is a literary device an author uses to indirectly reference a thing, expecting the reader has amassed enough prior knowledge to make the connection. It's not always so explicit or it wouldn't be interesting. I think the guy on the ship w/ sad smiling grey lips is most likely an allusion to some Greyjoy, you think it is about some severed head that Tyron once saw that may have been smiling or Tyrion has internal greyscale or something that I didn't get from your "explanation." Time will tell.

I realize people don't want things to devolve into youtube comments level shittalking & I agree, that's no fun. However, as a trained professional, seeing the GLUT of outright crazy insane fan theories that clog up the place, I can't be expected to take them all seriously, b/c many just don't deserve it. It dilutes the content & discourse of the site & It insults my intelligence.

When everyone is special, no one is.

Peace out-

You should still treat other's theories with respect no matter how crazy you may think they are. Otherwise, how do you expect them to respect your theories if you won't respect theirs? I have vehemently agreed with some, and felt some were crazy, but when I express my views, I simply explain my reasons for disagreeing and why I think they are wrong. I got your point, btw.

It's just that I don't think the character by virtue of his surname fits the vision, so I respectfully disagree. We will see eventually what the vision means.

Also, you won't be getting a penny from me in any currency. :laugh: I think you have learned from me as well.

It'll be a while before Dany comes back. Victarion won't want to expend resources with a rebellious city his ships are stationed at, and he'll want to keep things under control.

Archived