The Fate of the Greyjoys

The brown snake

Fire Eater, on this topic, just take your "L" & go home,

The more you try to explain yourself the worse you sound.

That's not me being mean, that's friendly advice.

I.e..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

None of that sounds friendly at all. Do you tell your friends when giving advice on a paper or your students "The more you try to explain it the worse you sound or just take your 'L' and go home?" That video is anything but respectful either in what you are implying.

You are being plain disrespectful, unprofessional and condescending, and showing that you have no intention of having a mature, respectful discourse. You are foing yourself no favors with your attitude. Show no respect, don't expect any.

Vic won't have to defeat the Volanteen fleet. The slave soldiers will rise up against their masters and Vic will offer them the privledge of rowing their gallies for the Iron Fleet. They will agree on the condition that they can bring the revolution to Volantis.

Except I highly doubt rowing the galleys of the fleet will allure then given that is what they are already doing. Besides, Victarion has no rep as "Breaker of Chains," Dany does, and she is the one Benerro has spoken of.

Not that i believe it, but people think Euron is with the Iron Fleet as well.

Then who is behind dealing with Euron's rivals among the Ironborn?

That would be actually quite a twist. :thumbsup:

I think it would be in his fight with Barristan, Victarion would kill Barristan, but Barristan would take out his eye.

Euron isn't headed towards Dany, Victarion is.

“Our captain would prefer to be fifty leagues farther out to sea, well away from that accursed shore, but I have commanded him to steer the shortest course. Others seek Daenerys too.”

Griff, with his young prince. Could all that talk of the Golden Company sailing west have been a feint? Tyrion considered saying something, then thought better. It seemed to him that the prophecy

that drove the red priests had room for just one hero. A second Targaryen would only serve to confuse them. “Have you seen these others in your fires?” he asked, warily.

“Only their shadows,” Moqorro said. “One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood

Moqorro doesn't actually say that Euron is heading towards Dany. You can interpret what he says in two ways:

1. Euron is one of the others who seeks Dany, which is true.

2. He is one of the shadows that Moqorro sees in his flames. He's literally the shadow of Vic, who is seeking Dany. This would mean that he's following Vic on his journey in some way.

And Moqorro's quote doesn't have to be a reference to the Dothraki Sea. When Moqorro says 'sailing on a sea of blood' I think he means that Euron sails the world leaving a trail of death and destruction behind him.

If you add the 'one black eye' as well I think it's clear that Moqorro is talking about Euron.

^Ok I can finally agree with you on something FireEater. Vic & Bary are like to fight, with Bary losing. He'll die in battle like he wants & then Shavepate, Tyrion, BrownBen, Tatters, Vic etc all won't have him as a roadblock and can fix the mess Dany made of Mereen & GTFO.

*All your points seem focused on getting Dany & fAegon into a second DanceofDragons, and to serve that end you make some truly bizarre and illogical leaps that run roughshod over the established plot and characterizations of just about everything else. In all seriousness, It's a challenge to have a 'respectful discourse' with you when I just don't find most your proclamations cogent or respectable.

I explain to my students that they can express any opinion / take any position they want in a book report/literary analysis so long as they support it with well reasoned evidence, quotations, and some proof they understand literary devices and authorial intent. HOWEVER, when the support they provide is really contrived (as I feel yours is) and far removed from generally accepted thinking, I let them know. They are minors & sensitive so I speak nicely & diplomatically to them. This is an internet forum. Toughen up maybe.

“Our captain would prefer to be fifty leagues farther out to sea, well away from that accursed shore, but I have commanded him to steer the shortest course. Others seek Daenerys too.”

Griff, with his young prince. Could all that talk of the Golden Company sailing west have been a feint? Tyrion considered saying something, then thought better. It seemed to him that the prophecy

that drove the red priests had room for just one hero. A second Targaryen would only serve to confuse them. “Have you seen these others in your fires?” he asked, warily.

“Only their shadows,” Moqorro said. “One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood

Moqorro doesn't actually say that Euron is heading towards Dany. You can interpret what he says in two ways:

2. He is one of the shadows that Moqorro sees in his flames. He's literally the shadow of Vic, who is seeking Dany. This would mean that he's following Vic on his journey in some way.

And Moqorro's quote doesn't have to be a reference to the Dothraki Sea. When Moqorro says 'sailing on a sea of blood' I think he means that Euron sails the world leaving a trail of death and destruction behind him.

If you add the 'one black eye' as well I think it's clear that Moqorro is talking about Euron.

Being a shadow of Vic could just mean that it was he who sent Victarion and controled him most of the time.

The prophecies are full of things called ALLUSIONS. I think the corpse w/ bright eyes on a ship w/ sad smiling grey lips is more likely an allusion to a Greyjoy than some dead head that Tyrion once saw that may have been smiling or whatever you're talking about, but honestly..

I will no longer engage your points b/c I feel like they kill my brain cells.

Good day ser.

We have no instance of a quote connecting it to the Greyjoys. Grey lips smiling sadly=Greyjoy, and you say I am reaching.

Is that meant to be insulting? If so, you are being anything but professional.

I explain to my students that they can express any opinion they want in a book report/literary analysis so long as they support it with well reasoned evidence, quotations, and some proof they understand literary devices and authorial intent. HOWEVER, when the support they provide is really contrived (as I feel your is) and far removed from generally accepted thinking, I let them know. They are minors & sensitive so I speak nicely & diplomatically to them. This is an internet forum. Toughen up.

Except even in the forums, there are certain rules. You should speak nicely and diplomatically, not to minors but everyone. That is what I do. Expressing your opinion (which you are entitled to) is one thing, but denigrating others is another. I would have expected a higher level of professionalism from you, no offense.

The phrase Jorah uses is the only instance of "sea of blood" used. Euron is also never mentioned with a "sea of blood." Euron isn't with Victarion. Also, Victarion could lose an eye.

Similar to how Bittersteel took out Bloodraven's eye on the Redgrass Field?

Exactly what I was thinking,

especially since Barristan compared it to the Battle of Redgrass Field.

The phrase Jorah uses is the only instance of "sea of blood" used. Euron is also never mentioned with a "sea of blood." Euron isn't with Victarion. Also, Victarion could lose an eye.

Exactly what I was thinking,

especially since Barristan compared it to the Battle of Redgrass Field.

But both BR and BS survived that battle no? And wouldn't Victarion have helped Barristan and Dany by smashing the slaver blockade? Why would they fight?

This is an internet forum. Toughen up maybe.

The vast majority of boarders do not want westeros.org to resemble the comments section on Youtube. Perhaps you should devote the content of your posts more towards evidence and reasoning, rather than denigrating others and boasting about degrees.

I've been brusque w/ him, yes, but if FireEater wants me to educate him anymore he'll need to pay me. I've taken too much time away from lesson planning for my real job arguing against him here today. I"m dropping knowledge while also being feisty. My point went right over his head when I said GRRM uses ALLUSIONS in the prophecies (they're pretty much just that).

Protip: An ALLUSION is a literary device an author uses to indirectly reference a thing, expecting the reader has amassed enough prior knowledge to make the connection. It's not always so explicit or it wouldn't be interesting. I think the guy on the ship w/ sad smiling grey lips is most likely an allusion to some Greyjoy, you think it is about some severed head that Tyron once saw that may have been smiling or Tyrion has internal greyscale or something that I didn't get from your "explanation." Time will tell.

I realize people don't want things to devolve into youtube comments level shittalking & I agree, that's no fun. However, as a trained professional, seeing the GLUT of outright crazy insane fan theories that clog up the place, I can't be expected to take them all seriously, b/c many just don't deserve it. It dilutes the content & discourse of the site & It insults my intelligence.

When everyone is special, no one is.

Peace out-

I think the tall and twisted thing is Euron and sea of blood refers to his bloody campaign. The Dothraki Sea is already turning yellow and I doubt the flowers will bloom in winter to turn the Dothraki Sea into a sea of blood again.

I favor Victarion Greyjoy as the corpse smiling sadly but I can see the other cases too. I think it is not too clear yet. Not all of the HotU visions can be guessed with the available info.

Victarion shares some parallels with Bittersteel but he also shares some parallels with Maekar. I favor the theory that he will end up killing Barristan in a "tourney mishap" sort of thing. He will challenge seven champions to win the rulership of Meereen after the battle. Barristan and Jorah will be among those who will not want to hand the charge of the city to a bloody ironborn, especially if that bloody ironborn steals one of Dany's dragons and means to take Dany too.

The Victarion-Barristan fight will go down like this. After the battle is finished, Victarion, Jorah, and Daario will all want to make Dany a widow, and they will race to where Hizdahr is imprisoned. Jorah and Daario will still be slow from their imprisonment, and Victarion's daily regimen of weight training in heavy plate will pay off. Victarion will reach Hizdahr first, but Barristan will stand in the way and insist that Hizdahr be judged by Dany. Victarion will seize his chance to challenge a Kingsguard, and while he's busying killing Barristan either Jorah or Daario will execute Hizdahr. Then there will be much rejoicing.

Archived