Proof there is no Victarion and Aeron in the show

Game Of Thrones

In the family tree guide for season 1 Theon has Aeron and Vic listed as uncles?

Tyrion says to Theon that he remembers his Uncle'S attacking Lannisport. If he only has one why use a plural?

Have they changed this somehow? Vic and Aeron (ok maybe not so much Aeron) seem pretty important to the Ironborn storyline. I really hope rhe story doesnt get rewrote to a point that its miniscule... :(

They did the same thing with dorne, in season 2 Tyrion says that trystane is the youngest son, in season 5 he will be the only son. Vic and Aeron are being cut, expect to see only Euron.

Exactly, it's just sloppy, sloppy planning.

There's definitely ways to write around not having Victarion, and especially Aeron, in the show. But I think Euron and his Dragon horn are really the most important thing in the Uncles' storyline.

D&D, understandably (even though it sucks), want to cut down on the massive number of characters during this time of the book series. I'm just glad we seem to be getting Euron.

They did the same thing with dorne, in season 2 Tyrion says that trystane is the youngest son, in season 5 he will be the only son. Vic and Aeron are being cut, expect to see only Euron.

In S2 Trystane was called the youngest son of "House Martell". Because Oberyn and Doran are older sons of house Martell.

In S2 Trystane was called the youngest son of "House Martell". Because Oberyn and Doran are older sons of house Martell.

what? That makes no sense. The quote which you can see on game of thrones wiki under Trystane clearly implies he is the youngest son of doran. Their youngest son is the exact quote you would half to stretch things really far to come to your explanation, this is clearly a major continuity error and they deserve to be called out on it.

Well, we just got news that the Queen of Thorns will likely be returning for season 5. Maybe they'll have Euron just attack Highgarden straight out. More likely she's just there for Tommen's wedding, but if we do get to see Highgarden, it would likely be during Euron's attack with both Olenna and Euron present. There would be some fantastic dialogue between them

Well, we just got news that the Queen of Thorns will likely be returning for season 5. Maybe they'll have Euron just attack Highgarden straight out. More likely she's just there for Tommen's wedding, but if we do get to see Highgarden, it would likely be during Euron's attack with both Olenna and Euron present. There would be some fantastic dialogue between them

That would surely be great! However, I suspect we won't see anything from Highgarden/Reach nor in fact Riverland/Jamie except maybe in the form of merging these two arks together with D&D's favourite, Jamie coming to Highgarden's rescue. Then they could have Brienne meet with Jamie and the Queen of Thornes, where the latter sees her intentions and Sansa's name i brought up and... Well I'm loosing myself. Anyways, a thought.

Exactly, it's just sloppy, sloppy planning.

Maybe, but to a certain extend inevitable I think.

In season 2 they just didn't know how all the main plotlines will conclude, so all the harsher casting decisions and major cuts have been made just recently. I agree, it feels sloppy, but those are errors you have to live with I guess.

Maybe, but to a certain extend inevitable I think.

In season 2 they just didn't know how all the main plotlines will conclude, so all the harsher casting decisions and major cuts have been made just recently. I agree, it feels sloppy, but those are errors you have to live with I guess.

Very true. Did they really not have the end game laid out by GRRM through season 2 though? I thought they got it after the first season, though I could be remembering incorrectly.

While it's disappointing that Aeron and Victarion seem to have been cut, it's not like D&D have cut them out of spite. Game of Thrones is a massive ensemble as it is, growing more and more every season, and some characters will likely have to meet the axe in order to ensure that they'll finish the show in seven/eight seasons (let's be honest; eight seasons would be unprecedented for HBO and it is such an expensive series, and can we really assure that the cast will remain on the show that long?). HBO puts a lot of budgetary restrictions on their shows, as most (re: all) networks do, and D&D don't have nearly the amount of resources that a full-on, 100% faithful version of Martin's novels requires. So streamlining is necessary. I love the ironborn plotline more than most, and indeed I'm bummed that we likely won't be seeing the Iron Captain or the Damphair, but I think a lot of Vic's characterization will be folded into Yara (in regards to the kingsmoot opposition), and Daario captured a fleet for Daenerys already. Sure, Victarion probably has a major role to play in the novels, but it seems that a lot of what he's doing/done is being relegated to other characters. His actions are important, but perhaps who does them isn't.

We shouldn't determine who is going to be important down the road based on what the show uses and what it doesn't. George R. R. Martin already stated that the two are different and that there are characters dead/not in the show that will be important in the books later. He doesn't even keep the show world in mind when he writes the books.

That's not to say I am not super bummed that Aeron and Victarion aren't in the show universe but if I'm going to be honest with myself, I don't think we're even getting a Kingsmoot or that we'll even see Euron.

We shouldn't determine who is going to be important down the road based on what the show uses and what it doesn't. George R. R. Martin already stated that the two are different and that there are characters dead/not in the show that will be important in the books later. He doesn't even keep the show world in mind when he writes the books.

That's not to say I am not super bummed that Aeron and Victarion aren't in the show universe but if I'm going to be honest with myself, I don't think we're even getting a Kingsmoot or that we'll even see Euron.

Yet so far, his examples of "important" characters have proven either easily discarded (Marilllion) or just replaced (As Yet Unnamed Khal). With all due respect for the man, not every character he adds in the novels is really crucial or needs more than a glorified extra to be performed.

With just a few more seasons to go, the show has to cut storylines. I'll be shocked if we get a Kingsmoot. They'll just have Balon die and Euron walk in and claim the throne, saving about 45 minutes of needless bickering and posturing on screen. Hell, Asha Yara will even voice the claim that her brother is dead (the realization she left the Dreadfort with).

I, for one, am looking forward to more streamlined storytelling next Spring, something the last two novels have lacked.

Yet so far, his examples of "important" characters have proven either easily discarded (Marilllion) or just replaced (As Yet Unnamed Khal). With all due respect for the man, not every character he adds in the novels is really crucial or needs more than a glorified extra to be performed.

With just a few more seasons to go, the show has to cut storylines. I'll be shocked if we get a Kingsmoot. They'll just have Balon die and Euron walk in and claim the throne, saving about 45 minutes of needless bickering and posturing on screen. Hell, Asha Yara will even voice the claim that her brother is dead (the realization she left the Dreadfort with).

I, for one, am looking forward to more streamlined storytelling next Spring, something the last two novels have lacked.

Good point. Authors have an unfortunate inability to kill their own darlings, as they think every character they created is essential and plays a part in the grand tapestry. If they didn't, they wouldn't include them. It's up to those adapting the works to determine whether or not those characters are, indeed, as important to the overall plot. Sure, it means losing some great minor characters and even having a couple of larger supporting roles merged into other, existing characters, but them's the breaks.

Archived