Proof there is no Victarion and Aeron in the show

Game Of Thrones

They keep referencing that family tree, but isn't it as old as Season 1? I don't think that every decision/projection D&D had back then stands today. It wouldn't even be a continuity error.

Yeah, we should also remember that Tyrion referred to Theon's "uncles" (in the plural) when discussing the burning of the Lannister fleet.

I think Euron will just go to the reach. The whole traveling to Danny will be cut. Vic is probably just a pawn in a larger conflict between Danny and Euron.

I'd rather see more Euron in the show than Victarion, because I feel like I already know Victarion from the books. I would be disappointed if he is cut, but I would be pleased to see Euron in action, which we don't get to see at all in the books.

However, I would think it foolish of the DnD to cut the Iron Fleet rescue party from the book, because that's the entire purpose of the Greyjoys in the storyline. "The Dragon Queen is rescued by the most unlikely family: the viking-like Greyjoys." Not only will the Iron Fleet bring her to Westeros, but they carry the horn of Dragons. I would consider DnD inept simpletons if they overlook such a major plot point.

They keep referencing that family tree, but isn't it as old as Season 1? I don't think that every decision/projection D&D had back then stands today. It wouldn't even be a continuity error.

No. Way back then, it had Vic in it. It has been subtly altered.

I'm just hopeful we at least get Euron (I've already lowered my expectations with seeing Vic). If they wanted to cut the Greyjoy storyline then they could have just had Stannis capturing her last season, so I'm optimistic that they we will get some sort of Greyjoy storyline. I think it all depends on if that dragonhorn is the real deal, If it is I can see Euron just taking Vic's role. Out of all the number of ships you can capture they come up witth 93, so coincidence? No, I think that is a definite hint that Vic is not going to make it back.

I also have the feeling that there is more to Euron's plan then just attacking Oldtown. However I can see most of their attacks on the Reach being off screen, possibly hearing it through some small council meetings, and perhaps send Loras to the Reach instead of Dragonstone. Also its not like the Greyjoys are going to take so much screen time, maybe 3-4 scenes tops. Watching Balon getting thrown over the bridge by a guy in a cloak, next Yara finds out Euron has taken the Seastone Chair, she disputes it, they have a mini KM, and then has these big plans. She then fears for her life and goes to Deepwood Motte, while Euron goes to Dany with the Dragonhorn (if its the real deal)

I'm just hopeful we at least get Euron (I've already lowered my expectations with seeing Vic). If they wanted to cut the Greyjoy storyline then they could have just had Stannis capturing her last season, so I'm optimistic that they we will get some sort of Greyjoy storyline. I think it all depends on if that dragonhorn is the real deal, If it is I can see Euron just taking Vic's role. Out of all the number of ships you can capture they come up witth 93, so coincidence? No, I think that is a definite hint that Vic is not going to make it back.

I also have the feeling that there is more to Euron's plan then just attacking Oldtown. However I can see most of their attacks on the Reach being off screen, possibly hearing it through some small council meetings, and perhaps send Loras to the Reach instead of Dragonstone. Also its not like the Greyjoys are going to take so much screen time, maybe 3-4 scenes tops. Watching Balon getting thrown over the bridge by a guy in a cloak, next Yara finds out Euron has taken the Seastone Chair, she disputes it, they have a mini KM, and then has these big plans. She then fears for her life and goes to Deepwood Motte, while Euron goes to Dany with the Dragonhorn (if its the real deal)

Hell, they could've had Ramsay capture her, force her into marriage, and make Theon rescue her instead of Jeyne Poole. Then her one scene in s4 would have actually meant something besides "hey, Theon's too crazy to save."

According to Patchface in WotW, an Ironborn reaver was cast for Season 5... this can be a cryptic name for Euron/Victarion.

No.

What was posted was;

"About Iron Islands, do not know any specifics, but there are … erm…”references” of “ironborn reaver” circulating around. So we should probably see them, but whether is just returning cast or some new players, can’t really tell…yet."

Personally I think patchface is a troll. He hasn't given anything that is solid and isn't conjecture.

First time i hear there was a Victarion in that family tree and he got erased afterwards. I always heard it was only Euron all the way.

Well, assuming Vic is really a no-show, I think we could say that the dragonhorn will be a dud/trap/false whatever, and Vic won't get to marry/abduct Dany, much less steal one of her dragons, amirite?

If we assume that the ASOIAF "light version" D&D seemingly want to do (according to all the rumored cuts) is all there is to GRRM's story, then we'd have to assume that Arianne, the Griffs, Manderly and Victarion (plus the dragonhorn) are all irrelevant and expendable. One or 2 of them is possible, but all of them is a stretch.

So the best guess is that TV version and book version are separate entities now, and D&D chose their point of inflection where the story started to get difficult to adapt (which is, AFFC). The grand finales might as well be a little different as to the main characters; GRRM isn't contractually obligated to tell them the ending 100% faithfully, is he?

Archived