Proof there is no Victarion and Aeron in the show

Game Of Thrones

Tell that to ADB.

There's a huge and obvious difference between making minor alterations to a mostly-set ending, and deliberately defrauding a business partner by breaking a contract and lying to them about information you're obligated to provide. Which is exactly what he'd be doing if he gave them a false ending.

People are trying to cling to any kind of theory that the ending won't be on the show first. It will be.

There's a huge and obvious difference between making minor alterations to a mostly-set ending, and deliberately defrauding a business partner by breaking a contract and lying to them about information you're obligated to provide. Which is exactly what he'd be doing if he gave them a false ending.

People are trying to cling to any kind of theory that the ending won't be on the show first. It will be.

Even though my original comment on the subject might be interpreted that way, that wasn't my argument. Again, we're not talking *main* characters here. But even for the main ones, how they meet their final destination can be different based on the presence or absence of a certain character. Like Robb Stark (main character in the show at least) meeting his demise the same way, but Talisa gave it a different twist and taste (that most book readers didn't like, but that's another story).

I don't really disagree with you that the show will spoil most things for us down the road (not necessarily in S05), so let's end it here.

Maybe they're in the process of updating it...or they just love watching us in pain.

It's been said that they don't read forums anymore, but i guess that the last time they did, they didn't like some of the heavy criticism and this is their way for vengeance...

• 1 month later...

Euron is better than no Ironborn I guess, and they could still include Aeron (o any bearded priest) later if necessary. In this case I think Euron can for the most part be left out in season 5, and things like "Balon is dead" and "longships are near Highgarden" can be told in council meetings or random conversations. The kingsmoot would be nice to watch, but even that can be told in random talks. As long as the rest of the season is good and the IB kick ass in season 6 I won't bother too much. That Arianne was cut is more stupid.

Well, I think this debate is kind of pointless because the show will reveal the ending... (and also because there is a good chance the book series will never be completed...). But there is also a difference between deliberately withholding the ending (which would indeed be fraudulent) and deciding to change the ending in the natural course of writing. I think it could be difficult to prove the former.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd rather see more Euron in the show than Victarion, because I feel like I already know Victarion from the books. I would be disappointed if he is cut, but I would be pleased to see Euron in action, which we don't get to see at all in the books.

However, I would think it foolish of the DnD to cut the Iron Fleet rescue party from the book, because that's the entire purpose of the Greyjoys in the storyline. "The Dragon Queen is rescued by the most unlikely family: the viking-like Greyjoys." Not only will the Iron Fleet bring her to Westeros, but they carry the horn of Dragons. I would consider DnD inept simpletons if they overlook such a major plot point.

+1

Archived