Proof there is no Victarion and Aeron in the show

Game Of Thrones

I think we will get a kingsmoot between Euron and Asha/Yara. Someone on the GOT tour in northern ireland has taken a photo of a supposed place where a kingsmoot will happen.

I don't know though. I'm a little concerned about the exclusion of Aeron as supposedly he has an important role in TWOW. Euron is a little more interesting i guess but would have loved to see Victarion as i think he represents the true mentality of the Ironborn (well until he finds R'hllor)

Balon's still alive in the show.

Good point. Leaves open the distinct possibility that the TV show will not kill him off. Euron returns, magicians and big horn and all, Balon decides to send him off to capture Dany and her dragons while he attacks the Reach. It would answer the question of why the producers haven't killed of Balon yet and it would save the need (and cost) of introducing yet more characters to confuse the unsullied even more.

Balons death is the catalyst for the ironborn arc, to have that happen in season 3 or 4 would have left them with no story there for a good stretch, Euron returns right after he dies. It makes sense to have his death In season 5. Most likely Yara will return to find her dad dead and her Uncle Euron claiming power.

No. Not at all, hence makes guessing their future actions based on logic near impossible.

No it's easy. Euron has more interesting sex than Victarion. (Perfect opportunity for more bisexual orgies!)

I am so glad I stopped watching after season one. :)

How have you managed that?

I.... can't.... look....away.....

And I can't seem to stop bitching about it either. :frown5:

Balons death is the catalyst for the ironborn arc, to have that happen in season 3 or 4 would have left them with no story there for a good stretch, Euron returns right after he dies. It makes sense to have his death In season 5. Most likely Yara will return to find her dad dead and her Uncle Euron claiming power.

You're probably right, but no Vic means Euron will be going to Slaver Bay which leaves ?Yara to attack the reach. Yeah that would work.

I think the greyjoy going to Danny will be cut, and Euron will invade the reach as he does in the book.

Then how is Dany getting her ride back to Westeros? (which is clearly the whole point of Vic). Are they going to just make up stuff not in the books at all? Of course they could, and they have, but why bother?

I don’t think that the Ironborn storyline will be cut from the show entirely, but I do think that it will be condensed and mostly delayed until Season 6 so that Dorne (and fAegon, if he’s in the show) can receive most of the time the show has to introduce new characters in Season 5. I could easily see a stripped down version of the Ironborn storyline working if it’s being delayed mostly or entirely until Season 6.

Balon Greyjoy – He dies offscreen at some point. It doesn’t matter how. The potential “Euron hired a Faceless Man to kill him!” angle is either referenced in passing or dropped entirely. It’s an intriguing little Easter Egg in the books, but it’s unnecessary for the show.

Euron Greyjoy – He ascends to the Seastone Chair unopposed, or he dispatches all of his rival claimants offscreen. Most likely there will be no Kingsmoot. Once he’s king, Euron sends the Ironborn to attack the Reach. All of these raids take place offscreen (maybe one raid is shown – if so, it gets screentime equivalent to, let’s say, the Wildlings’ raids on Olly’s hamlet and Mole’s Town in Season 4). These raids are acknowledged by people in King’s Landing mentioning that “Ironborn raiders are attacking the Reach!” and the Tyrells pressuring the Lannisters to send aid. Euron’s dragon horn, if it matters, goes unmentioned until Daenerys arrives in Westeros, at which point Euron retrieves it from storage and delivers the necessary exposition. It’s a Deus Ex Machina, but from my perspective, so is the very idea of a “dragon horn” in the first place.

Yara Greyjoy – If there’s no Kingsmoot, I think that there’s a good chance that Yara never returns to the Iron Islands. Instead, she’ll go straight to Deepwood Motte or wherever is necessary to place in her Stannis’s path and set her back on the path to rejoin her ADWD/TWOW storyline. If the Kingsmoot is in, however, I think that it will be stripped down so that it becomes a “Euron vs. Yara” contest that Euron wins, at which point Yara flees to Deepwood Motte and her book plotline resumes. Alternatively, the show devises something new for her to do. I’m sure that it will be every bit as well-received by certain readers as her ill-fated attempt to rescue Theon was.

Aeron Greyjoy – No Kingsmoot means that the Damphair becomes almost completely extraneous. Unless whatever he’s doing in TWOW to try and undermine Euron has massive implications for the endgame of the series, he’s cut.

Victarion Greyjoy – Ah, the brave Iron Captain. Or, as I like to think of him, “The Man Who Is Going To Bring the Iron Fleet to Meereen and Most Likely Die In The Battle Shortly Thereafter So That Daenerys Can Commandeer His Remaining Ships and Use Them To Sail Back To Westeros.” With the show introducing the new Meereenese navy (comprised of 93 ships – what an odd coincidence), Victarion will have to serve a more significant purpose in TWOW than that of delivery boy, or he’s gone.

I am glad at least Euron will be picked , It's like a confirmation that he will play a big role in the end , also Vic not being picked it''s another confirmation that he was just the guy that brings ships to Dany.... SAD but true , well Black Sails and Vikings will be shows where we can see some form of Victarion . :cheers:

I am glad at least Euron will be picked , It's like a confirmation that he will play a big role in the end , also Vic not being picked it''s another confirmation that he was just the guy that brings ships to Dany.... SAD but true , well Black Sails and Vikings will be shows where we can see some form of Victarion . :cheers:

I was under the impression that Vic was being promoted to a Main POV in Winds. How can he not be important to the endgame

Then how is Dany getting her ride back to Westeros? (which is clearly the whole point of Vic). Are they going to just make up stuff not in the books at all? Of course they could, and they have, but why bother?

She has the Meereenese fleet that Daario captured for her last season.

I was under the impression that Vic was being promoted to a Main POV in Winds. How can he not be important to the endgame

I think that's mainly for the Battle of Meereen. I guess he'll have three chapters covering it and be a main player there but I dont think he'd be a "main PoV" for the whole book.

I don't believe Vic will just be axed quickly into TWOW, he has Euron's hellhorn with him. I can see that playing a big part in the Battle of Mereen and what I guess is the Iron Borns quick retreat back to Westeros when they find out Dany is nowhere to be found. Vic came for two reasons, to take Dany and her dragons home to Euron. I really don't think the story has time for another Quentyn.

There is confirmation that Euron was picked??

Archived