R+L=J v99

davos

I don't think anyone thought it was "ruled" from Starfall, only that Starfall was supplying it with information, food, staff and whatnot.

Well I apologize if I mischaracterized someone's theory. I wonder who did rule the land and if they had any idea what was going on there.

Well I apologize if I mischaracterized someone's theory. I wonder who did rule the land and if they had any idea what was going on there.

Judging by its spot on the map, I'm guessing either House Manwoody or Dondarrion. Vulture's Roost is close by but it's a ruin. Given the spot in the mountains, it's possible that no one even knew it was there.

Judging by its spot on the map, I'm guessing either House Manwoody or Dondarrion. Vulture's Roost is close by but it's a ruin. Given the spot in the mountains, it's possible that no one even knew it was there.

I wondered if maybe it was part of one of the vulture king's hideouts at one point. But then house Manwoody would erect a "Tower of Joy" wouldn't they.

Nice. I wonder if we'll ever get Rickard or Brandon on GoT (or Rhaegar/Lyanna/ 3KG)

I don't know if you're aware, but they did cast Brandon and Aerys for the first season. There's a still image of a scene that was filmed and cut of Brandon and Rickard's deaths. I really hope that original pilot leaks or gets put on a blu-ray one day. I guess they could still use the scene as a flashback, but not if they stick to weirwood flashbacks only.

I don't know if you're aware, but they did cast Brandon and Aerys for the first season. There's a still image of a scene that was filmed and cut of Brandon and Rickard's deaths. I really hope that original pilot leaks or gets put on a blu-ray one day. I guess they could still use the scene as a flashback, but not if they stick to weirwood flashbacks only.

I didn't know so thanks for that. Gives me hope we'll get R and L at some point.

I didn't know so thanks for that. Gives me hope we'll get R and L at some point.

I mean we have to get something. This is one of the reasons I think if they were married it was a weirwood ceremony. That would be the perfect reveal to the reader, Bran might not understand what he was seeing at first. If they don't start laying the groundwork for the reveal of Jon's parents this coming season I'm gonna be disappointed. It's not supposed to be an M. Night Shyamalan twist when it's finally revealed.

I've seen that one, and the thing I don't like is that he looks older than Ned.

I suppose in my head, I always imagined him more fabulous tHan Ned

http://media.photobucket.com/user/bastardodcadena/media/Taylor_Kitsch_60.png.html?filters[term]=taylor%20kitsch&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=14

And I definitely agree on Deadwood where we supposed to get a movie.

I've seen that one, and the thing I don't like is that he looks older than Ned.

I suppose in my head, I always imagined him more fabulous than Ned was.

http://p1cdn01.thewrap.com/images/2014/08/Taylor-Kitsch-618x400.jpg

(Kitsch supposedly was offered the lead in the next True Detective series).

And I definitely agree on Deadwood where we supposed to get a movie.

Some people take it as a given that Rhaegar expected a girl with Lyanna. One that he would likely have named Visenya. It makes sense, but is by no means conclusive. In opposition to that idea, I noticed a while back that both Cersei and Kevan Lannister reference Rhaegar's hypothetical sons. At first I took that as a hint that he did in fact have more than one of them; i.e., R+L=J. But, I wonder if he hadn't expressed a desire to have multiple sons, and that's what Cersei and Kevan are thinking about.

Rhaegar would be our king today and I would be his queen, the mother of his sons.

- AFfC, Cersei VIII

Cersei could have given the prince the sons he wanted, lions with purple eyes and silver manes … and with such a wife, Rhaegar might never have looked twice at Lyanna Stark.

- ADwD, Epilogue

Some people take it as a given that Rhaegar expected a girl with Lyanna. One that he would likely name Visenya. It makes sense, but is by no means conclusive. In opposition to that idea, I noticed a while back that both Cersei and Kevan Lannister reference Rhaegar's hypothetical sons. At first I took that as a hint that he did in fact have more than one of them; i.e., R+L=J. But, I wonder if he hadn't expressed a desire to have multiple sons, and that's what Cersei and Kevan are thinking about.

- AFfC, Cersei VIII

- ADwD, Epilogue

Nice!! Well this will make Unmasked Lurker happy. (and me since I'm right there with him)

I really do think he expected a boy with Lyanna.

Some people take it as a given that Rhaegar expected a girl with Lyanna. One that he would likely have named Visenya. It makes sense, but is by no means conclusive. In opposition to that idea, I noticed a while back that both Cersei and Kevan Lannister reference Rhaegar's hypothetical sons. At first I took that as a hint that he did in fact have more than one of them; i.e., R+L=J. But, I wonder if he hadn't expressed a desire to have multiple sons, and that's what Cersei and Kevan are thinking about.

- AFfC, Cersei VIII

- ADwD, Epilogue

Funny enough, Kevan thinking Rhaegar wanted sons makes me more inclined to believe that Rhaegar wanted a daughter. IMO none of the Lannisters (except maybe Jaime) really knew/understood Rhaegar.

Archived