R+L=J v99

davos

see: The Sexual Positions Thread.

I have this lovely mental image of Arthur Dayne trying to sleep in the room right below, smushing his head between two pillows.

I must have missed that one.....lol

Cool trick for Lyanna to give birth to a guy who's the same age as her.

ETA: Scratch that. But he's still to old to be her kid.

I used to think that until someone pointed out that he was referred to as being "young Domeric" at the time Ramsey killed him, and unless someone can find better age data that that, this easily allows for him to be the same age as Jon. R+L=D, I'm calling it! Why else would Roose care so little? He's resented the fact that Ned made him adopt some random brat and claim him as a trueborn son for ages. Kid was mooning around with harps and riding horses all the time and showed no skill with a flaying knife at all -- 14 years of disappointment to Roose, no wonder he betrayed the Starks.

I used to think that until someone pointed out that he was referred to as being "young Domeric" at the time Ramsey killed him, and unless someone can find better age data that that, this easily allows for him to be the same age as Jon. R+L=D, I'm calling it! Why else would Roose care so little? He's resented the fact that Ned made him adopt some random brat and claim him as a trueborn son for ages. Kid was mooning around with harps and riding horses all the time and showed no skill with a flaying knife at all -- 14 years of disappointment to Roose, no wonder he betrayed the Starks.

Not to be confused with the other R+L = D, right?

Not to be confused with the other R+L = D, right?

This is the classy R+L=D. However give me a few minutes and I could probably come up with a theory involving The CoTF's failed Hammer of the Waters spell at the Neck having created a rift in the fabric of space and time due to a magical/temporal resonance with the hatching of Dany's dragons resulting in the offspring of Meera and Bran being the original CoTF, Bloodraven being the Nights' King and R+L=ALL the Ds.

This is the classy R+L=D. However give me a few minutes and I could probably come up with a theory involving The CoTF's failed Hammer of the Waters spell at the Neck having created a rift in the fabric of space and time due to a magical/temporal resonance with the hatching of Dany's dragons resulting in the offspring of Meera and Bran being the original CoTF, Bloodraven being the Nights' King and R+L=ALL the Ds.

This is clearly a thing you need to do.

I, however, am giving into sleep :(

V. 100, hopefully you exist in the morning!

ETA: and by morning, I mean when I wake up in 4 hours

I speculate with confidence that both Rhaegar and Aerys knew why they were being treated at Casterly Rock. and I tend to think that Aerys may not have been that opposed to the match if he wasn't opposed to marrying Rhaegar to a lesser House such as the Martells, and like it or not for their titles of Prince/Princess, Elia was a last resort, or else why wasn't she considered at the very first?

How is House Martell a lesser house than House Lannister? They are both Great Houses..?

I like Catelyn's chapters more for the other people in them, tbh. I don't hate her or anything, but god does she get on my nerves with some of the stupid decisions she makes.

I agree. Though also, the mysteries hidden in them.. like SW's fostering and such..

Do it. It's 1:30 AM where I am and I refuse to sleep until I see v. 100

I was going to ask if you were still awake, but you've just now posted.. So either you are still awake, or you can post in your sleep :p

Dont forget to mention the fact that ser pounce is azor ahai reborn

How is House Martell a lesser house than House Lannister? They are both Great Houses..?

I think it's because House Lannister is much richer and more active in court/Westeros than Martell.

I was going to ask if you were still awake, but you've just now posted.. So either you are still awake, or you can post in your sleep :P

I was going...I am going...I should go...

I speculate with confidence that both Rhaegar and Aerys knew why they were being treated at Casterly Rock. and I tend to think that Aerys may not have been that opposed to the match if he wasn't opposed to marrying Rhaegar to a lesser House such as the Martells, and like it or not for their titles of Prince/Princess, Elia was a last resort, or else why wasn't she considered at the very first?

She had dragons blood, she was older than Rhaegar, and I doubt a secret, and yet Aerys sent Steffon Berantheon to the free cities for Rhaegars bride.

And if the Targs. married Hightowers and Aryns, then why not Lannisters or Starks?

I don't think Aerys went all that way just to call Tywin a servant when his House was well above others for Rhaegar to get a bride from, so I'm sticking with while Cersei saw sadness in Rhaegar s eyes, he saw crazy in her emerald depths just as likely saw goodness in Elias.

You're last paragraph is something I've joked about but I kinda agree, in a more serious tone. I think neither Rhaegar nor Aerys wanted to be related to the Lannisters.

Although, I suppose that both Rhaegar and Aerys realised the need for him to marry someone with Valyrian blood due to prophecy stuff, and they hoped to find a match in Essos. Also, remember that Joanna and Elia's mother wanted a match between their children. I suppose that at some point, this was known in KL and they thought Elia wasn't available.

Archived