Boskone 13-15 February 2015

Peadar

Is there some reason this had to be scheduled over Mardi Gras? Very inconsiderate. I will be with all y'all in spirit.

You will be pleased to learn that NO in 2018 is well represented at Arisia in Boston. Just left that party to participate in the Friday night drum circle.

You will be pleased to learn that NO in 2018 is well represented at Arisia in Boston. Just left that party to participate in the Friday night drum circle.

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!! I AM SO HAPPY! I am including my extremely limited work on the NOLA 2018 campaign in there as "Outreach on Science to New Orleans Youth".

Edit: In my "Professional Development" part of my work crap. Godspeed in Boston! Let me know if I can help with anything before you go!

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, good luck to all venturing to Boskone. According to weather forecasts, there is a winterstorm starting this weekend that lasts until Tuesday. God only knows what that is going to do to the travel to/from Boston.

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!! I AM SO HAPPY! I am including my extremely limited work on the NOLA 2018 campaign in there as "Outreach on Science to New Orleans Youth".

Edit: In my "Professional Development" part of my work crap. Godspeed in Boston! Let me know if I can help with anything before you go!

I'll be at Boskone next weekend, barring a major winter storm. Do you have any access to a PDF or other format of NOLA 2018 flyer that you can email me? I can run off a bunch of copies and bring them with me. PM me for my email. Ken

I can't make any concrete claims for the future, but those of you coming into to South Station (via bus, Amtrak, etc) should probably be ok. (Mrs Red just took a bus to and from NYC on Friday, no issues to speak of). Maybe some slight delays, but I've heard most of the non-commuter rail lines are running pretty well.

Anyone flying into Logan: don't know what your normal procedure is, but just take the Silver Line from the airport. DO NOT TAKE THE SUBWAY. Govt Center is closed, Blue Line has had serious delays, shit will ruin your entire weekend.

/favorite Bostonian past time of bitching about the T.

If anyone is a first timer to Boston or just unfamiliar with out shitty city, feel free to hit me up, I'd be happy to help out.

I can't make any concrete claims for the future, but those of you coming into to South Station (via bus, Amtrak, etc) should probably be ok. (Mrs Red just took a bus to and from NYC on Friday, no issues to speak of). Maybe some slight delays, but I've heard most of the non-commuter rail lines are running pretty well.

Anyone flying into Logan: don't know what your normal procedure is, but just take the Silver Line from the airport. DO NOT TAKE THE SUBWAY. Govt Center is closed, Blue Line has had serious delays, shit will ruin your entire weekend.

/favorite Bostonian past time of bitching about the T.

If anyone is a first timer to Boston or just unfamiliar with out shitty city, feel free to hit me up, I'd be happy to help out.

Thanks! I was wondering how to get to the hotel from the airport. Siver Line it is, then. :)

Too far off for any high probabilities, but the current National Weather Service forecast for Boston is for bitter cold, but not snow for Fri-Mon of Boskone weekend. Hope that doesn't change. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Boston&state=MA&site=BOX&textField1=42.3583&textField2=-71.0603&e=0#.VNeDcy7gWW4

Thanks! I was wondering how to get to the hotel from the airport. Siver Line it is, then. :)

Silver Line to World Trade Center will put you pretty much right across the street from the Westin.

Well I'm at the airport drinking heavily in preparation for my 14 hour flight to LAX. I think I'm starting to feel the cold already.

Can't wait to see everyone and hopefully the snow won't adversely affect travel for people.

Well I'm at the airport drinking heavily in preparation for my 14 hour flight to LAX. I think I'm starting to feel the cold already.

Can't wait to see everyone and hopefully the snow won't adversely affect travel for people.

I hope to see you there tomorrow evening! I should be in about 6pm local time. I hope!

Archived