Dating #16- why can't my mom come on our date

Kelli Fury

If that's what your profile says, I want to date you.

I kid you not, at one point; I filled in a whole dating profile with a weird back story of tracking down an arch nemesis, littered among completely normal dating site information and loads of the descriptions under my answered questions were mentioning vengeance and my arch nemesis. People were all over that shit. :lol:

I dunno, you do a better job of this than me. If I were going to have an OKC profile, I'd definitely get you to fill it in for me.

:lol:

I believe there is a queue forming

:blushing: severely doubt that lol

I kid you not, at one point; I filled in a whole dating profile with a weird back story of tracking down an arch nemesis, littered among completely normal dating site information and loads of the descriptions under my answered questions were mentioning vengeance and my arch nemesis. People were all over that shit. :lol:

Beating a dead horse(_ebooks) at this point but holy shit that sounds awesome.

OK - QUESTIONS:

1. I don't think he was trying to break it off, just wanted to be honest. Thoughts?

2. Was I clear enough that I don't expect monogamy from him?

Chats, I think you were perfectly clear. However, I have learned that way more men think sex = monogamy (at least that you know about) that being extremely blunt is probably a good idea. I have had to literally scream the words, "I don't care who you F+++" a couple of times to get it across.

To address 1, I agree he was just giving you a heads up, because you deserve to be treated with honesty and complete transparency. I like this guy.

:blushing: severely doubt that lol

Girl, I am putting you and LadyQat into a seminar called HOW TO TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS FLIRTING WITH YOU. I promise that our wonderfully friendly and flirtatious community of Southerners will sort you out after my three and a half minute lecture.

IN THE NEWS:

Gary got a chance to come home for a day. Asshole didn't tell me. We texted all day while I was at work. He scared the living crap out of me when I was busy trying to send him pictures of his mail in my drawers when he busted in. EEEEEEEEEEEEE! We had a nice day. He is sleeping.

ON FURNITURE:

I certainly didn't want to disparage any young men or women on this thread about home presentation. My comment about floor-mattress was directed at Chats. She and I are both women who have raised a family and had to rebuild a home more than once. This is a Herculean and expensive task.

The mattress-on-the-floor bit reminded me too much of being in my teens/twenties and trying to build a life for myself. At the time, a lot of the men I dated sure as hell wanted to move into my furnished house that I had painfully sacrificed to put together (with cheap second hand furniture like we all did). What they had to offer in exchange was their problems.

There have been several times in my life where my home has been unpresentable for financial or family reasons. I do tend to worry when this seems like a person's chosen lifestyle. "Dorm living" has a life expectancy. At some point a person might think about living with another person and if quality of home is only important to one person, than that person always has to buy the couch. And over the years, that sucks.

I personally like to see what people write for their ''most private thing willing to admit'' part; it has the most potential for wittiness.

mine's just:

"The horse_ebooks reveal ruined my life."

Hahaha.

The "most private thing I'm willing to admit" one annoys me because so many people don't answer it. Instead they decide they're too cool for school and say "you'll have to ask me!" or "It's a secret" or whatever. Motherfucker, if you aren't willing to admit it then it isn't the most private thing you're willing to admit.

I recently saw someone who refused to put their favorite xyz because... I don't even remember why, exactly, but it was NOT a good a reason. Yes, it's shallow, but it also provides something for us to write about when we contact you. I've not messaged people before because I just could not find anything to write an interesting message about.

Inspired by some of the "six things" posted here, I decided to change mine.

The six things I could never do without.

- Kindle e-reader.
- My secret identity.
- Underground volcano base.
- Freeze ray.
- Devotion to Lord Pestilence, may His presence enslave the world.
- Cake.

I don't remember what my list of six things was. Something boring and overused, no doubt.

1) Internet

2) Cocktails

3) Boobs

4) My kitten

5) Ice cream

6) Books

As I was skimming down the page I glanced at number 6 in your list, misread it as boobs and had a bit of a chuckle at myself when I realized it said books. Then as I was scrolling back up the page I realized boobs was actually on your list, and I spat coffee all over my desk from laughing. So thanks for that :P

Archived