Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

Daemon III was the son of Haegon,right?Do we know more about him except the part where he was killed by Dunk.

Btw What does Jon Snow know?

We don't know anything about Daemon III, yet, besides that he was a Blackfyre Pretender, and died in 236AC. (And of course that it was Ser Duncan the Tall who killed him)

Daemon I had seven sons (Aemon, Aegon, Daemon, Haegon, and three more).

Aemon, Aegon and Daemon had no sons (for various reasons ;) ), so Haegon would be the next in line. We don't know yet if Daemon III was Haegon's son (that would mean that Haegon had died before). Daemon also could have been the son of a younger child of Daemon I (with all those elder having died before, perhaps in an earlier rebellion).

Daemon III being Haegon's son would be the obvious thing, but we should also consider that Haegon's younger brother died during the third rebellion (as Daemon III led the fourth), leading to said brother's eldest son to make a claim (Daemon III). It is possible, we can't really say yet which of the options is the correct one.

And quite obviously, Jon Snow knows nothing :P

We don't know anything about Daemon III, yet, besides that he was a Blackfyre Pretender, and died in 236AC. (And of course that it was Ser Duncan the Tall who killed him)

Daemon I had seven sons (Aemon, Aegon, Daemon, Haegon, and three more).

Aemon, Aegon and Daemon had no sons (for various reasons ;) ), so Haegon would be the next in line. We don't know yet if Daemon III was Haegon's son (that would mean that Haegon had died before). Daemon also could have been the son of a younger child of Daemon I (with all those elder having died before, perhaps in an earlier rebellion).

And quite obviously, Jon Snow knows nothing :P

Who killed Maegor The Cruel,GRRM hasn't answered us but who did did it in your own opinion?

I recently suggested that it might have been suicide, though I have yet to find anyone who considers it to be a possibility.

Another scenario that I'd like is Rhaena. It would add another layer to her having been the "Black" Bride.

Others have suggested a KG knight.

It's said by some that he was killed by the throne. So there probably weren't any prime suspects. Whoever did it didn't stick around to take credit for it. We'll be in a better position to judge if it was suicide when we know more about his state of mind around the time of his death. If he was crushing his enemies and at the height of his power, it probably wasn't suicide. If the Red Keep was besieged or something and the writing was on the walls, then suicide seems more likely.

It's said by some that he was killed by the throne. So there probably weren't any prime suspects. Whoever did it didn't stick around to take credit for it. We'll be in a better position to judge if it was suicide when we know more about his state of mind around the time of his death. If he was crushing his enemies and at the height of his power, it probably wasn't suicide. If the Red Keep was besieged or something and the writing was on the walls, then suicide seems more likely.

The kingsguard killing him Brutus style... Jamie would have been keeping a old tradition alive when he killed Aerys.

Somebody needs to have been aloced by a barb on the throne where the wound festers and the unworthy king dies.

Sorry, I'm a few pages late, but why do we think there's a clue as to Daemon's wife in TMK?

Because Ran once said there was :P

Edit: it does seem that I misremembered a detail. The hint was in "the novellas". No specific story was mentioned. I guess I thought about TMK because we delve into the Blackfyre's a bit there, whereas THK mentions them barely, and TSS only talks Daemon, not family.

http://www.westeros....ew_in_Barcelona

It's true that in recent times, the Starks have become quite scarce. There's not many of them in the present generatons. Some may say it's because Ned's siblings died. Brandon died before he had sons, and Lyanna is also dead, and Benjen joined the Night's Watch which means he doesn't have descendants either.

Although later in the interview he mentions how it's possible Brandon fathered bastards around:

It'd be an exaggeration to say that Brandon died before he could have children. It's established in the books that he was no virgin. He could very well have left behind some little Snows in the various places he visited. But what's absolutely clear is that he had no legitimate children.

I hoped someone could answer this to me.GRRM says Brandon died before he had sons but in a later interview he says that Brandon might have left some Snows in the places he visited.Does this mean that he never fathered sons and only bastard daughters like Oberyn or that he did father sons but not legitimate ones?

http://www.westeros....ew_in_Barcelona

It's true that in recent times, the Starks have become quite scarce. There's not many of them in the present generatons. Some may say it's because Ned's siblings died. Brandon died before he had sons, and Lyanna is also dead, and Benjen joined the Night's Watch which means he doesn't have descendants either.

Although later in the interview he mentions how it's possible Brandon fathered bastards around:

It'd be an exaggeration to say that Brandon died before he could have children. It's established in the books that he was no virgin. He could very well have left behind some little Snows in the various places he visited. But what's absolutely clear is that he had no legitimate children.

I hoped someone could answer this to me.GRRM says Brandon died before he had sons but in a later interview he says that Brandon might have left some Snows in the places he visited.Does this mean that he never fathered sons and only bastard daughters like Oberyn or that he did father sons but not legitimate ones?

It means he may have fathered some bastard daughters, yes. Now, go kill the B+A=J theory with this :D

I tried but apparently Jon is still Brandon'son since he conceived Jon 3 months after his death and a Zombie Lyanna gave birth to Daenerys.

Obviously. But surely that Brandon fathered no sons would kill it?

ETA: Yes, another avatar

Another question but a small one.I'm new to the forums but why everyone writes Darkstar in purple?

I thik it's just a long running joke about how 'cool' darkstar is - that they write his name in purple.

Archived