Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

Did Little Walder get pushed aside? Amerei Frey would inherit Darry under Dornish law, but the riverlands practice male primogeniture. Otherwise Cat would have inherited Riverrun when Hoster died. How does someone as grubby as Little Walder not understand his claim?

Amerie didn't inherit Darry. The Darry's was declared traitors and lost their land, so it was given to Lancel Lannister. He married Ami hoping that her Darry blood would make them more accepted by the smallfolks.

Walder Frey mentions having three kings to guest in his lifetime and Queens too. Who were they?

Aegon Aerys and Robert

Edit: I don't remember the quote but I am assuming Robb Stark is not counted because of the queens line, Robb didn't have a queen with him at the twins so the numbers don't seem to match. Aegon and Walder are similar in age so it wouldn't go back any further.

where is that implied about theon. arent you confusing it with the fact he did that to jeyne poole?

I'm not confusing it, but the way I read it might not be what George intended. Theon says "the things Ramsay made US do", to me getting eaten out really isn't something you'd describe as being made to do. But since we know Theon was forced to do oral I don't think its much of a stretch.

Does Martin purposely reflect the charactor's personality or future action with their name?

He says so repeatedly in his R.R.etrospective "Dreamsongs II". That the name is very important for the character to be successful - meaning the impact on the reader.

Walder Frey mentions having three kings to guest in his lifetime and Queens too. Who were they?

Depends on whether he means "since he was born" or "since he was lord of the Twins"

Walder was born in 208AC, wurm Daeron II was King. Daeron II was very old and apparently did not travel much (anymore). So not him.

next king was Aerys I. Bookish guy, probably not him.

Next Maekar.. this is a possibility

Then Aegon V, also a possibility.

Then Jaehaerys II, also possible, though due to the short reign with at least one war, less likely.

Aerys II, possibly, likely, but only in the first 3/4 of his reign

Robert, definitely.

Since my AFFC disappeared, could someone offer more quotes ASAP, about ravens being the Storm God's servants? It's in the Prophet.

Send your women away, my lord. And the maester as well.” He had no love of maesters. Their ravens were creatures of the Storm God, and he did not trust their healing, not since Urri.

I have a few questions (book reader here)

Has winter ever hit Westeros before !? The Stark motto is 'Winter is Coming' but it must have hit them numerous times before, at least in Ned and Cat's lifetime...

I know they often talk about the long winters, and Septa Mordane spoke of it too .... so I know it had happened in the last 100 or so years... what was the aftermath, how to people rebuild afterwards... it's implied that basically anyone not living in a caste in the South, or with the heated walls of Winterfell, will freeze to death !

Is the normal Winter different to the Winter that's arriving now (with the White Walkers etc) ?

Does WInter reach Dorne / Summer isles etc ?

Also regarding R+L=J ... am I right in thinking that no one is actually around to confirm this to Jon, so if he finds out the truth of his parentage then it'll have to come from a dream / magic flashback type thingy....

I have a few questions (book reader here)

Has winter ever hit Westeros before !? The Stark motto is 'Winter is Coming' but it must have hit them numerous times before, at least in Ned and Cat's lifetime...

I know they often talk about the long winters, and Septa Mordane spoke of it too .... so I know it had happened in the last 100 or so years... what was the aftermath, how to people rebuild afterwards... it's implied that basically anyone not living in a caste in the South, or with the heated walls of Winterfell, will freeze to death !

Is the normal Winter different to the Winter that's arriving now (with the White Walkers etc) ?

Does WInter reach Dorne / Summer isles etc ?

Also regarding R+L=J ... am I right in thinking that no one is actually around to confirm this to Jon, so if he finds out the truth of his parentage then it'll have to come from a dream / magic flashback type thingy....

We know of several winters in Westeros :)

• On Maidens Day, 130AC, White Ravens are send from the Citadel to announce that winter has begun

Maekar's reign featured a 7 year summer, followed by a short autumn, and a terrible winter

In 253AC the season was winter

Tyrion was born in the middle of a 3 year winter. As Tyrions birth occured in either 272AC or 273AC, the three year winter occured around that time

The Year of the False Spring, suggesting that the season was still actually winter, and that the weather was winter-like around 281AC (though not in the months that made people believe it was spring, obviously)

Jon remembers a winter from his childhood

Winter has currently reached KL already, and might actually reach Dorne as well, though it is highly possible (and most likely) that winter in the north is quite different from winter in Dorne.. We can already see the big difference in the current story.

The presence of the White Walkers will perhaps indeed make this winter worse than normal winters.

Directly, there might not be anyone to directly tell Jon who or what. But Bran can see through the weirwood network, and might thus see a lot R+L related stuff. Flashbacks from Ned, or Howland, who knows.. And Bran could tell Jon.. Perhaps while Jon is in a coma, like the Three Eyed Raven did for Bran, Bran can show/tell Jon stuff.

And if not, there is always a weirwood close to Castle Black, and Jon has already seen Brans face in a weirwood tree. They might be able to communicate that way as well.

Winter has currently reached KL already, and might actually reach Dorne as well, though it is highly possible (and most likely) that winter in the north is quite different from winter in Dorne.. We can already see the big difference in the current story.

There is an SSM on this, as I discovered in my recent foray into those uncharted waters (for the benefit of your project, I might add ;) )

(Q) Surely, the import of grain from the South alone can't cover the North's needs. And, by the way, does it snow in the South during the winter?

(A) Yes, some times, in some places. The Mountains of the Moon get quite a lot of snow, the Vale and the riverlands and the west rather less, but some. King's Landing gets snow infrequently, the Storm Lands and the Reach rarely, Oldtown and Dorne almost never.

Link!

There is an SSM on this, as I discovered in my recent foray into those uncharted waters (for the benefit of your project, I might add ;) )

Link!

I feel so honoured right now :D

So there you have it. It barely ever snows in Dorne (not so surprising). I take it that the "winter weather" in Dorne will be that during the day the temperatures will be down a bit..

On the show intro when the actors name is shown , each name has their house sigil in front of them. But then i noticed that sometimes Sophie Turner has a dragon as sigil and Emilia Clarke has a lion.

Is it just random or is it foreshadowing something?

Is Ramsay totally delusional or a hopeless romantic because he seems to think that his father and mother were in love while we know that's not true.

“Reek has been with me since I was a boy. My lord father gave him to me as a token of his love.” (Reek I, ADWD)

“Has my bastard ever told you how I got him?”

That he did know, to his relief. “Yes, my … m’lord. You met his mother whilst out riding and were smitten by her beauty.” (Reek III, ADWD)

Dont make me rue the day I raped your mother")

All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard.

Archived