Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

On the show intro when the actors name is shown , each name has their house sigil in front of them. But then i noticed that sometimes Sophie Turner has a dragon as sigil and Emilia Clarke has a lion.

Is it just random or is it foreshadowing something?

The show is the show, who knows why the Tweedles do anything? Just forget about it, is my advice.

Rhaegal - I would say Ramsay is just delusional/blind about the matter...

The show is the show, who knows why the Tweedles do anything? Just forget about it, is my advice.

Rhaegal - I would say Ramsay is just delusional/blind about the matter...

"Ramsay is a very misunderstood person" - GRRM

"He had a difficult childhood." - GRRM

eta: font fixed as by Lady Helena's comment below.

Also regarding R+L=J ... am I right in thinking that no one is actually around to confirm this to Jon, so if he finds out the truth of his parentage then it'll have to come from a dream / magic flashback type thingy....

Supposed he lives to learn it.... A wolf or Wintefell crypt dream. Maybe sent by Bran. Or Bran via weirwood time travel to the past tells him paradoxically in the past. Or conventional: Benjen returns "thing about your parents..." or Wylla or Howland Reed. Or a weirwood dream (weirwood grove near Castle Black) where he sees and hears Ned talk to the Winterfell weirwood tree. Or Melisandre's flames show it and she gets it right for once - or Jon sees himself in the flames with his parents. Or he either dreaming or bodily returns to the Winterfell crypts to find Rhaegar's high harp and a dragon wedding cloak in Lyanna's tomb...

Did I miss ought? :)

Asking for a little help: do we have the proper measures for Needle?

I wonder if Arya will be able to use it when she grows up: I mean, would it be a dirk, a short sword, a short rapier?

Could it be hidden up a sleeve, for example?

How much time passes between when Jaime "convinces" Varys to free Tyrion, and when Tyrion escapes? I suppose Varys could have planned it in one night, but at least a few hours must have passed. I'm assuming Varys got a ship pretty quickly.

not that long, most likely. The sentence goes something like "when he had finally decided not to let his little brother die"between the trial by combat and the scheduled executiin day, days definitly pass, as Tyrions voice grows hoarse from disuse. By the time the last Jaime chapter in Storm takes place, the trial has been a few days ago already, and Jaime has yet to make his decision.

To me, it sounded like Jaime made his decision shortly before execution day. So we'd be talking about a matter of hours, maximally a day or two, here.

To me, it sounded like Jaime made his decision shortly before execution day. So we'd be talking about a matter of hours, maximally a day or two, here.

From Feast 8 :

(Jaime) had waited in the eunuch's chambers that night, when at last he had decided not to let his little brother die.

and from Storm 77 :

"Is it day or night up above? I've lost all sense of time."

"Three hours past midnight. The city sleeps."

I've assumed it was the same night, but it's true that leaves only a few hours for Varys to find a ship.

From Feast 8 :

and from Storm 77 :

I've assumed it was the same night, but it's true that leaves only a few hours for Varys to find a ship.

If it indeed was the same night, than that would (kind of) prove that Varys was always planning on freeing Tyrion.

Though I assume there was at least 1 days in between, because otherwise Jaime would have gotten suspicious, I think..?

She returned, but it is not exactly certain when she did. Immediately after Harrenhal? Possible, but that would make you wonder why?

Was it when her pregnancy became visible? And if that was the reason, when did she get pregnant? The opinions on that vary.

Thanks i just wondered because SweetRobbin stated that Ashara and Brandon could have met after the Tourney at Harrental and i dont support this idea.

Thanks i just wondered because SweetRobbin stated that Ashara and Brandon could have met after the Tourney at Harrental and i dont support this idea.

Was there time for them to meet? Sure.. About a year passed between Harrenhal and Brandon's death.

Were they ever both at the same location? I doubt it. If Brandon was anywhere, it was either the Riverlands or the North. For Ashara, it would have been KL (if that's where Elia and Rhaegar lived), Dragonstone (if that is where Elia and Rhaegar lived, a good possibility since Rhaegar was the Prince of Dragonstone), or Dorne.

GRRM has commented once that Ashara wasn't nailed to the floor at Starfall, and that she could have been moving around, during the war (and possibly before, I guess). But prior to Lyanna's disappearance, Brandon had no business in the south, and Ashara did not have any in the north.

Edit: Did a version 3 of the thread appear??

Was there time for them to meet? Sure.. About a year passed between Harrenhal and Brandon's death.

Were they ever both at the same location? I doubt it. If Brandon was anywhere, it was either the Riverlands or the North. For Ashara, it would have been KL (if that's where Elia and Rhaegar lived), Dragonstone (if that is where Elia and Rhaegar lived, a good possibility since Rhaegar was the Prince of Dragonstone), or Dorne.

GRRM has commented once that Ashara wasn't nailed to the floor at Starfall, and that she could have been moving around, during the war (and possibly before, I guess). But prior to Lyanna's disappearance, Brandon had no business in the south, and Ashara did not have any in the north.

Edit: Did a version 3 of the thread appear??

Ty for clearing this out.

BTW Nope.

Ty for clearing this out.

BTW Nope.

Ok, than we are still talking about the confusing theory where everybody lies to everybody.. That theory seemed to need Brandon and Ashara conceiving a child around the time of Brandons death.. The only time that both Brandon and Ashara could have been together, would have been after Brandon arrived at KL.. And seeing as he was immediately imprisoned, that means sex in the dungeons (Black Cells, most likely)..

In other words: highly unlikely :)

Archived