Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

Is there a list of the lordships anywhere? I'd like specifics with each 'lordship/fief', meaning the High Lordships, and then which castles fall under them.

For example:

-Riverrun (Highlord of Riverrun):

• Wayfarer's Rest:
  • Acornhall:
  • Higheart(Ruins):
  • Pinkmaiden:

-Harrenhal(Liveable Ruins) (Highlord of The Trident):

• Harrentown:
  • Esgaroth:
  • Willow Wood:

-The Twins (Highlord of The Crossing):

• Seagard:
  • Fairmarket:
  • Oldstones(ruins):

-Stoney Sept (Highlord of The Grey Mountians):

• Mumer's Ford:
  • Wendishtown
  • Hollow Hill:

-Darry (High Lord of Darry):

• Lord Harrow's Town:
  • Antlers:
  • Atrana:

-Maidenpool (Highlord of The Bay of Crabs):

• Saltpans:
  • Dyre Den:

-Raventree Hall(High Lord of Raventree Hall):
*Disputed Between Raventree and Stone Hedge*Pennytree:
-Stone Hedge(High Lord of Stone Hedge):

Though I assume there was at least 1 days in between, because otherwise Jaime would have gotten suspicious, I think..?

On the other hand, if it's not the same night, surely Jaime would not have been able to stay with Varys and threaten him all day without someone noticing it. Or is it more likely than finding a ship for Pentos in a few hours ?

On the other hand, if it's not the same night, surely Jaime would not have been able to stay with Varys and threaten him all day without someone noticing it. Or is it more likely than finding a ship for Pentos in a few hours ?

A thought: Varys would kind of automagically know all ships between Pentos and King's Landing, who captained them and what their schedule was. Before Battle of the Blackwater probably and after certainly.

A thought: Varys would kind of automagically know all ships between Pentos and King's Landing, who captained them and what their schedule was. Before Battle of the Blackwater probably and after certainly.

Or he could easily have one ship rerouted, it shouldn't be too hard for Varys to find a captain willing to do him a favor.

Is there a list of the lordships anywhere? I'd like specifics with each 'lordship/fief', meaning the High Lordships, and then which castles fall under them.

For example:

-Riverrun (Highlord of Riverrun):

• Wayfarer's Rest:
  • Acornhall:
  • Higheart(Ruins):
  • Pinkmaiden:
-Harrenhal(Liveable Ruins) (Highlord of The Trident):
  • Harrentown:
  • Esgaroth:
  • Willow Wood:
-The Twins (Highlord of The Crossing):
  • Seagard:
  • Fairmarket:
  • Oldstones(ruins):
-Stoney Sept (Highlord of The Grey Mountians):
  • Mumer's Ford:
  • Wendishtown
  • Hollow Hill:
-Darry (High Lord of Darry):
  • Lord Harrow's Town:
  • Antlers:
  • Atrana:
-Maidenpool (Highlord of The Bay of Crabs):
  • Saltpans:
  • Dyre Den:
-Raventree Hall(High Lord of Raventree Hall):

*Disputed Between Raventree and Stone Hedge*Pennytree:

-Stone Hedge(High Lord of Stone Hedge):

The wiki should include the information on who is lord of what castle. And we know that the Northern Lords swear fealty to Stark, the River Lords to Tully, the Vale Lords to Arryn, the Westermen to Lannister, the Reach to Tyrells and the Dornish to Martell. The Crownlands Lords seem to swear directly to the Iron Throne, although there seem to be some Lords of the Narrow Sea who swear fealty to Dragonstone. Beyond that, we know of othwr Houses sworn to minor Lords, such as the Haighs to the Freys. But I couldn't list them all off the top of my head...

ETA; of the Riverlords you listed;

Wayfarer's rest are the Vances of Wayfarers Rest

Atranta is the Vances of Atranta

Pinkmaiden is the Pipers

Seaguard is the Mallisters

Harrenhal is constantly changing. At the start of the Wot5K it was Whent. Currently it is Baelish. For a more detailed analysis, look into...I think I posted it in Wow I Never Noticed That.

Acorn Hall is the Smallwoods

The Twins is House Frey

Castle Darry is held by the Darrys

Aerion visited Aegon in his bedroom during the dead of night, put a knife to Aegon's privates and joked about removing his genitals so he would become a sister he could marry.

Aegon despised Aerion.

Will I talk with Egg again, find Dareon whole and happy, hear my sisters singing to their children?

Obviously noone likes Aerion :P

Did Aerion treat Aemon the same way he treated Egg?I

Aerion visited Aegon in his bedroom during the dead of night, put a knife to Aegon's privates and joked about removing his genitals so he would become a sister he could marry.

Aegon despised Aerion.

Will I talk with Egg again, find Dareon whole and happy, hear my sisters singing to their children?

Obviously noone likes Aerion :P

Did Aerion treat Aemon the same way he treated Egg?I

It is a rather obvious thing, isn't it? The no one likes Aerion part, I mean :p

We don't know what Aerion did to get Aemon against him. Aemon might have faced some similar treatent, as he was closer in age to Aerion than Aegon was, and thus would have been a better suitable bride, had he been born a girl.

Then again, we don't know exactly how old Daella and Rhae were.. Daella might have been in between Aemon and Aegon in age.. She was betrothed to Aegon after all, not to Aerion. And with Aemon unavailable (to be taking a maesters vow), Aegon would be the candidate closest in age for her to marry.

It is a rather obvious thing, isn't it? The no one likes Aerion part, I mean :P

We don't know what Aerion did to get Aemon against him. Aemon might have faced some similar treatent, as he was closer in age to Aerion than Aegon was, and thus would have been a better suitable bride, had he been born a girl.

Then again, we don't know exactly how old Daella and Rhae were.. Daella might have been in between Aemon and Aegon in age.. She was betrothed to Aegon after all, not to Aerion. And with Aemon unavailable (to be taking a maesters vow), Aegon would be the candidate closest in age for her to marry.

Aemon was 2 years older than Aegon,right so Aerion might have sneaked to his room and told him of how he planned to make him his wife but i dont think Aemon was entertained with the idea.However i do believe Aerion did something very bad to Aemon if not that.

Aemon was 2 years older than Aegon,right so Aerion might have sneaked to his room and told him of how he planned to make him his wife but i dont think Aemon was entertained with the idea.However i do believe Aerion did something very bad to Aemon if not that.

We don't know how old Aerion was, exactly. Aemon was born in 198AC, Aerion in or between 191AC and 194AC.

Aerion could have done something similar to Aemon as he did with the knife to Aegon, but not necessarily. We also hear that Aegon's cat was thrown into a well by Aerion.. Who knows what kind of pets Aemon had that did not survive a meeting with Aerion..

And we're talking about Aerion here... Whatever he did to anyone, you can be sure it wasn't something pleasant :)

We don't know how old Aerion was, exactly. Aemon was born in 198AC, Aerion in or between 191AC and 194AC.

Aerion could have done something similar to Aemon as he did with the knife to Aegon, but not necessarily. We also hear that Aegon's cat was thrown into a well by Aerion.. Who knows what kind of pets Aemon had that did not survive a meeting with Aerion..

And we're talking about Aerion here... Whatever he did to anyone, you can be sure it wasn't something pleasant :)

I think we have reached a conclusion,Aerion like Maegor must have been such a cute kid.Unfortunately Aemon and Aegon's pets were unlucky to meet Aerion and what followed next must have been way worse than the encounter.

but not THAT younger. Also, didn't he leave for the Citadel when he was young? Aegon could have been his only victim.

Aerion was 5-7 years older than Aemon so it's kinda hard to believe he could put him on his place and Aerion being the psycopath and the bully of the family was something that even young Aemon couldn't handle.

where's the quote about Dawn being as sharp as Valyrian Steel?

GRRM: As for Arthur Dayne... well, you'll learn more of him in future books, but part of the mystique was certainly the sword he carried, which had an illustrious history of its own.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010627095925/http://www.scifi.com/transcripts/2000/georgerrmartin.html

What happened to Ser Arthur Dayne's sword Dawn after Ned brought it back to Ashara?

Dawn remains at Starfall, until another Sword of the Morning shall arise.

In Valyria did they work Dragonbone into Valyrian steel?

No.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Category/C91/P75/

I have a quote without the base for it from wikki

The name of the Daynes' castle, Starfall, and their arms, featuring a white sword and falling star, both reference Dawn. The blade is said to be just as sharp as Valyrian steel.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dawn

I have a quote without the base for it from wikki

The name of the Daynes' castle, Starfall, and their arms, featuring a white sword and falling star, both reference Dawn. The blade is said to be just as sharp as Valyrian steel.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dawn

Exactly - the only source I've ever seen for this is that wiki.

I hope I'm wrong, but this Dawn is as sharp as VS idea - which is commonly believed now - might have been unsubstantiated misinformation.

Still hoping someone has a quote????

Archived