Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

Ah, I see. That's a fair point I guess. It could just be remnants of the old Targaryen hatred from the times of the Triarchy that led to them being sheltered though.

On candidate I thought of was House Velaryon. Daemon was related to them through his mother Daena, and they could have been miffed about Aegon III:s daughters being passed over. But that is, of.course, just speculation

Hmm.. There is no mention of a Velaryon in TMK, but is there a mention of a seahorse, or the sigil colours of House Velaryon, in combination with Daemon II? I figured that such connections could be a hint.. Although anything mentioned in combination with a Blackfyre could be a hint :p

Hmm.. There is no mention of a Velaryon in TMK, but is there a mention of a seahorse, or the sigil colours of House Velaryon, in combination with Daemon II? I figured that such connections could be a hint.. Although anything mentioned in combination with a Blackfyre could be a hint :p

Oh, sorry. These were not hints from the Mystery Knight, just speculations on my part. The Velaryons seem to have become much less prominent after Aegon III and Alyn Velaryon, and I'm curious as to why (for example, why would Aerys not turn to the Velaryons for a bride of Valyrian blood?)

How big is accely the Fingers? Is it a Castle , a tower or just a little cabin?

I think the Bealish family holdings (pre being made Lord Paramounts of the Riverland, of course) we comparable to Ser Eustace Osgrey's on The Sworn Sword. A fortified tower with three rooms, and three small village of small folk.

But the Baelish land seem less productive. His small folk seem to be mostly sheep herders.

Oh, sorry. These were not hints from the Mystery Knight, just speculations on my part. The Velaryons seem to have become much less prominent after Aegon III and Alyn Velaryon, and I'm curious as to why (for example, why would Aerys not turn to the Velaryons for a bride of Valyrian blood?)

I've wondered this myself. Maybe there just weren't any girls in the right age range.

I am very curious as to how that happened as well. It must have happened in the last 140 years.. During the Conquest of Dorne, all was still well with House Velaryon.

I am very curious as to how that happened as well. It must have happened in the last 140 years.. During the Conquest of Dorne, all was still well with House Velaryon.

Yeah. That is what makes me think the Velaryons supported the Blackfyres on at least one ocassion. They have fairly good reason to be irked at the Dornish influence at Court too, having just devoted their navy to the Conquest of Dorne. And Daemon is their blood more than Daeron...so even if there was no marriage, I believe the Velaryons were BF supporters in at least one.rebellion

(maybe this.needs another thread, I've rambled enough)

OK ... I have another question. If (and this is a BIG if) Rhaegar's little boy was saved (fAegon), then why oh why didn't they save his little girl too? Poor baby was scared to death, and this has bothered me a lot.

'Cause Varys is only doing it for SOME of the children...

By the way.

Daemon Targarien married when he was 13, while his father was still alive.

His widow was alive when Fiddler was arrested (Should I be so foolish as to remove his pretty head, his mother will mourn, his friends will curse me for a kinslayer, and Bittersteel will crown his brother Haegon)

Daenerys betrothal was made by king Daeron, it means Aegon was dead already by this time, and it means Daemon was already wed.

More than thet, they say Daemon outraged when "Daenerys was denied to him", just after her betrothal, and this started Blackfyre Rebellion.

But on the beginning of Rebellion Daemon was married father of seven sons and several daughters. So, he started all this circus because Daeron prefered to join the Dorne to Seven Kingdoms instead of giving her to his bastard brother as some glorified concubine for Faith's chagrin? LOL, yeah, Daemon, that was totally justified expectation.

By the way, they stopped married to Velaryons when dragons died. I mean, there were no Targ-Velaryon marriages after Aegon the Third. Seems like Targs didn't give up incest but probably Valirian blood wasn't so important for them anymore.

:commie: And why theu never married Celtigars?

By the way, they stopped married to Velaryons when dragons died. I mean, there were no Targ-Velaryon marriages after Aegon the Third. Seems like Targs didn't give up incest but probably Valirian blood wasn't so important for them anymore.

:commie: And why theu never married Celtigars?

I know they never married the Velaryons after the dragons died. That was why I mentioned Aegon III :) But relations were still fine, apparently, since we know Alyn Velaryon was the naval commander in the Conquest of Dorne.

Yeah, I always wondered why they never married the Celtigars, since they are also Valyrian. I suppose its possible they could be even lower in social status than the Velaryons were, back in Valyria. A bit like Targaryen = Stark, Velaryon = Manderly, Celtigar = Flint of Old Castle, meaning that the Targaryens would be less likely to marry them, with them being too far down the social ladder.. Just guessing though. I wonder if they have any Valyrian characteristics in their appearance

“Those wolves are close as well,” Bran warned them. “The ones that have been following us. Summer can smell them whenever we’re downwind.”

This is in Bran II, a Dance with Dragons. But in Bran I, he takes control of Varamyr's warg pack in Summer's skin. Are these wolves supposed to be different?

This is in Bran II, a Dance with Dragons. But in Bran I, he takes control of Varamyr's warg pack in Summer's skin. Are these wolves supposed to be different?

I always assumed that Summer had just won the "battle" of dominance from Varamyr's wolves. But Summer did not become part of the pack, did he? So I think they are the same wolves, following the group from a distance (not daring to come too close, as then they'd have to face Summer again).

I have a small question: Helena, why did you change your avatar? It's confusing me.

Is this the third picture in 1 or 2 days ? :p

I have a small question: Helena, why did you change your avatar? It's confusing me.

Does this really belong in the asoiaf small questions? :P (not that I mind you asking of course) I didn't like the last one :P (I think I like this one more. Opinions on it are all welcomed of course :lol: ) And I'd had the one with the hat for some time before that ;) Expect more changes over the coming weeks, I recently updated my gravatar account ;)

I always assumed that Summer had just won the "battle" of dominance from Varamyr's wolves. But Summer did not become part of the pack, did he? So I think they are the same wolves, following the group from a distance (not daring to come too close, as then they'd have to face Summer again).

Well, aryagonnakill#2 interprets it the same way I do

I believe Summer takes control of the pack after beating 1 eye since he eats the best parts of all the men(liver) then later we see the wolves all eating wights together on the hill over the cave bran and co are in.

Yet Bran still seems fearful of the wolves in the quote I gave up thread. "Those wolves are close as well...the ones that have been following us."

Is this the third picture in 1 or 2 days ? :P

4th, technically ;) I had another this morning, but that was a gravatar malfunction :dunno:

Well, aryagonnakill#2 interprets it the same way I do

Yet Bran still seems fearful of the wolves in the quote I gave up thread. "Those wolves are close as well...the ones that have been following us."

Well, Bran would recognize the wolves from the pack, wouldn't he? I just always assumed he was just talking about the same wolves.. Wouldn't that pack of 3 follow Summer, now that he's the leader?

4th, technically ;) I had another this morning, but that was a gravatar malfunction :dunno:

So you had a busy day ;) :P

Well, Bran would recognize the wolves from the pack, wouldn't he? I just always assumed he was just talking about the same wolves.. Wouldn't that pack of 3 follow Summer, now that he's the leader?

Yeah, that was my point. That they were the same wolves (i.e. Varamyr's pack) but he seemed fearful of them, since he mentions them as Coldhands discusses danger. Here is the full quote to make my point clearer:

“They are here.” The ranger drew his longsword.

“Where?” Meera’s voice was hushed.

“Close. I don’t know. Somewhere.”

The raven shrieked again. “Hodor,” whispered Hodor. He had his hands tucked up beneath his armpits. Icicles hung from the brown briar of his beard, and his mustache was a lump of frozen snot, glittering redly in the light of sunset.

“Those wolves are close as well,” Bran warned them. “The ones that have been following us. Summer can smell them whenever we’re downwind.”

“Wolves are the least of our woes,” said Coldhands. “We have to climb. It will be dark soon. You would do well to be inside before night comes. Your warmth will draw

So you had a busy day ;) :P

Very :P

ETA:

Daemon III was the son of Haegon,right?Do we know more about him except the part where he was killed by Dunk.

I don't think we know he is the son of Haegon, unless that was in the Westerlands reading and I have forgotten

Archived