Small Questions v.10088

Jon Weirgaryen

I know we will know this answer in a little less than 2 months, but do we know when the Doran's mother died? Wasn't it right around the end of Bob's Rebellion?

After the Rebellion, at least, though I suspect that she was already sick during the Rebellion, since it was Doran who send the dornish troops (IIRC) and since it was Doran who met with Jon Arryn.

It seems (due to his lack of participation during the Rebellion) that Oberyn himself wasn't in Dorne when the Rebellion was going on, and seeing as how Jon Arryn went to Dorne to return Lewyn's bones only about a year later, when Oberyn was plotting rebellion, it seems that Oberyn might have arrived in Dorne only after the Rebellion was done. We do know that Oberyn was present for their mothers sickbed, as that was when she told him how Tywin Lannister had refused the Martell/Lannister matches she had suggested, and how it was connected to Elia´s death.

So in short, no, we don't know when she died exactly, only that she died after the Rebellion was done.

^There is an SSM (shock! I've read an SSM on the subject :p ) that said GRRM thought Oberyn was in the Free Cities serving with a sellsword company during the Rebellion. It was one of those answers where he wasn't entirely sure though (without checking his notes

^There is an SSM (shock! I've read an SSM on the subject :P ) that said GRRM thought Oberyn was in the Free Cities serving with a sellsword company during the Rebellion. It was one of those answers where he wasn't entirely sure though (without checking his notes

Link!

[Where was Oberyn Martell during the rebellion?]

Good question. Offhand, I don't recall the answer. Maybe in Dorne, maybe across the narrow sea with a sellsword company. I'd have to check my notes to be certain.

It seems to be 50-50, going by this SSM. This is the only one I've ever read on the subject.

Link!

It seems to be 50-50, going by this SSM. This is the only one I've ever read on the subject.

That was it :lol: They're stuck in my head, ahh! I must have lost myself for 3 hours or so in there the other night. I'm on my mobile though so couldn't link it :p

1.Did Daemon and Dareon have a good relationship before the rebellion or they were something like Bloodraven and Biterseel?

2.Is there any chance that B+A=Allyria?

3.In how many Blackfyre rebellions did Bloodraven participate?

4.Dareon and Aegon must have been fighting a lot and didn't have a father-son relationship,dont you think?

5.What do you think Jeyne will be doing in TWOW?

6.Did Ramsay write the pink letter to provoke Jon?

7.Who was the brother Bloodraven loved?

8.Is it possible that Cersei and Jaime might have Targaryen ancestry?

9.Did Dareon and Myriah have a happy marriage?

10.Is Ramsay a totally misunderstood person? :P

1.Did Daemon and Dareon have a good relationship before the rebellion or they were something like Bloodraven and Biterseel?

4.Dareon and Aegon must have been fighting a lot and didn't have a father-son relationship,dont you think?

1. No, Daemon and Daeron had differences and clashes before.

2. Personally, I'd say no, but the theory exists, so there are people who believe in it.

3. Bloodraven participated in the First Blackfyre Rebellion (196AC), and the Second (212AC). He definitly did not take part in the forth (236AC) or the fifth (260AC), but it is possible (and even likely) that he took part in the third, which would have been between 212AC and 236AC, as Bloodraven was only send to the Wall in 233AC, and it seems that his imprisonment did not last long (as he was still a free man at the start of the Great Council of 232/233AC).

4. Daeron II and Aegon IV, you mean? Theirs most likely wasn't a good relationship. I mean, Aegon tried to attack Dorne while Daeron was married to, and had children with, a dornishwoman.

5. Jeyne Westerling of Jeyne Poole? Jeyne Poole will keep saying she's Arya until someone calls her bluff or until she dies. Jeyne Westerling... I personally hope she'll tell us the sex of Edmure's child, and flee with Edmure and Brynden Tully.

6. We don't know.

7. Either Daeron II, for whom he fought, or Daemon Blackfyre. Daeron II is stated most often as the brother he loved, as he fought a war for Daeron II, but Daemon Blackfyre being the brother he loved would have a nice touch, as it would show that Bloodraven chose his king over those he loved, but who went against the law. Bloodraven, if that is the case, would have chosen honour over love.

8. Many people seem to believe so, but I sincerely doubt it. Tyrion, on the other hand...

9. We don't know. We know nothing of their marriage. We don't even know when she died.

10. Who knows...? :p

Who's Allyria?

Who's Allyria?

Allyria Dayne, Ashara's sister.

That theory would need Ashara to spread the news that her daughter was stillborn, after which she would need to pass of her child as her own sister, and Ashara's mother would still need to be alive.

In addition, with Allyria having been betrothed in 294AC, she would have needed to be of the appropriate age that year.

I just wanna add that they probably did get along at first. It seems Daemon was raised in King's Landing and that he probably lived in the Red Keep right up until he declared his intentions to rebel (There's a story somewhere about how Daeron sent the Kingsguard to arrest Daemon and he was rescued by Fireball.) Fireball and Bittersteel pushed Daemon to rebel, and eventually he did. But it's not as if Daemon and Daeron hated each other and people saw the rebellion coming the moment Aegon IV died.

Daemon Blackfyre rebelled so many years after Aegon the Unworthy's death for several reasons. One was his growing resentment at having the status of a bastard, and what it meant. Another was that he gained councillors who urged him to it. Among them was Fireball, a knight of House Ball in the Reach, who had been master-at-arms at the Red Keep during Aegon's days. Aegon promised him a place in the Kingsguard, when an opening made itself apparent, but he died before that could happen. When a spot finally opened up under Daeron, Fireball reminded him of his father's promise ... and was not given a place in the Sworn Brotherhood. GRRM said that Fireball was loosely inspired by Hotspur Percy, hence the name (referring to his fiery temper).

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1298

2. Personally, I'd say no, but the theory exists, so there are people who believe in it.

3. Bloodraven participated in the First Blackfyre Rebellion (196AC), and the Second (212AC). He definitly did not take part in the forth (236AC) or the fifth (260AC), but it is possible (and even likely) that he took part in the third, which would have been between 212AC and 236AC, as Bloodraven was only send to the Wall in 233AC, and it seems that his imprisonment did not last long (as he was still a free man at the start of the Great Council of 232/233AC).

4. Daeron II and Aegon IV, you mean? Theirs most likely wasn't a good relationship. I mean, Aegon tried to attack Dorne while Daeron was married to, and had children with, a dornishwoman.

5. Jeyne Westerling of Jeyne Poole? Jeyne Poole will keep saying she's Arya until someone calls her bluff or until she dies. Jeyne Westerling... I personally hope she'll tell us the sex of Edmure's child, and flee with Edmure and Brynden Tully.

6. We don't know.

7. Either Daeron II, for whom he fought, or Daemon Blackfyre. Daeron II is stated most often as the brother he loved, as he fought a war for Daeron II, but Daemon Blackfyre being the brother he loved would have a nice touch, as it would show that Bloodraven chose his king over those he loved, but who went against the law. Bloodraven, if that is the case, would have chosen honour over love.

8. Many people seem to believe so, but I sincerely doubt it. Tyrion, on the other hand...

9. We don't know. We know nothing of their marriage. We don't even know when she died.

10. Who knows...? :P

Thanks for the answers :)

1.They might have had their diffrencies since you know Daemon was Aegon's favourite but i doubt they hated each other but we might learn what kinda of a relationship they had in the World Book?

4.Yeah i was talking about them.I totally imagine Dareon being very close to his mother and seeing how his father treated her didn't make him respect him for sure.

You're having trouble with the whole"small" questions concept, aren't you?

Thanks for the answers :)

1.They might have had their diffrencies since you know Daemon was Aegon's favourite but i doubt they hated each other but we might learn what kinda of a relationship they had in the World Book?

4.Yeah i was talking about them.I totally imagine Dareon being very close to his mother and seeing how his father treated her didn't make him respect him for sure.

1. I expect something about their relationship. It kind of was an important thing, seeing a war went on between them, and 3 others between their descendants (for obvious reasons, I do not consider the Second Blackfyre Rebellion a true war). Though from the World Book, we can only learn what history recorded..

2. Daeron indeed seems to have had a good relantionship with his mother (he and Aemon were the only ones who could make her smile). That won't have been well for the relationship between Daeron and Aegon, nor would the gifting of Blackfyre have been.

I've have three questions.... only two of them are technically allowed to be posted in this section of the forum....

1 ... What happened to the dragon egg that Aerion had at his death ?

2... What's the source that claimed House Tarly's motto is 'First into Battle'

3... How on earth do you set an avatar on this forum ? The options are gravatar, or to upload. The upload isn't working at all with the correct dimensions... is it Gravatar or nothing ?!

I plan to be around here for a while and don't want to be another faceless man :)

I've have three questions.... only two of them are technically allowed to be posted in this section of the forum....

I'm sure Maekar took it back, or maybe gave it to Aerion's son if he didn't already have one. Ultimately it was probably one of the eggs involved in the Summerhall fire.

2... What's the source that claimed House Tarly's motto is 'First into Battle'

3... How on earth do you set an avatar on this forum ? The options are gravatar, or to upload. The upload isn't working at all with the correct dimensions... is it Gravatar or nothing ?!

I plan to be around here for a while and don't want to be another faceless man :)

Welcome on the forum!! :D

1. Assuming Aerion lived in Westeros (as his infant son seemed to be living there), it went back to House Targaryen. Maekar was the head of the house, so he would have gotten possession over the egg. Whatever happened afterwards with the egg (went to Aerions son, stashed in a vault) was Maekar's decision. Though Summerhal does come to mind, meaning that the egg most likely was stashed away until Egg had his Summerhal plan all worked out.

2. The Citadel section on Westeros.org. House Tarly's words are from the section on Houses in the Reach. All information in that list should be regarded as semi-canon. If I've understood it correctly, these house-words are from notes from GRRM, but those which have yet to appear in a book, could always still be subject to change.

Link

3. What's the problem with dimensions? As clear as possible please, I'm not all that technical, :)

You could always try the help subforum, with a specific topic on userpictures :)

Is this because "under 50 px"? If so, you can edit your picture in Picasa or some other program, and reduce the file size.

But gravatar is easier to work with, though sometimes it takes a few minutes for any changes to take effect.

Is this because "under 50 px"? If so, you can edit your picture in Picasa or some other program, and reduce the file size.

But gravatar is easier to work with, though sometimes it takes a few minutes for any changes to take effect.

I used paint to make my profile picture smaller, so that the size was right :) :lol:

@Deed, if the size is the problem, that will not be difficult to fix :)

Archived