?+L=J

Minuteman

Curious about other theories beyond the obvious R+L=J for Jon's lineage. To me this only works if Lyanna is already pregnant at the Harrenhal tourney. In this version Rickkon Stark is pulling a Hoster Tully by forcing Lyanna to down some moon tea and a hastily arranged marriage to Robert. Rhaegar is therefore interceding to ensure the child is born (why? no idea - perhaps Varys spreading poison or something deeper). The only one I may offer is Brandon Stark who was also looking at an imminent (and hastily arranged?) marriage to Cat. Perhaps there is some consequence to a Stark purebred and would explain both Jon's appearance and Lyanna's concern as Jon would not merely be a bastard but also an "abomination" so would otherwise be killed even by the honorable Ned. I agree that Rhaegar seems the most obvious but wanted to poll for other theories.

In 281AC, a grand tourney was held by Lord Whent at Harrenhal.

The Rebellion started in 282 and ended in 283. Ned got to the ToJ at the end of the war where he found Lyanna in a bed of blood(childbirth is the most accepted interpretation of this). So unless you can be pregnant for more than a year, Rhaegar is most likely the father of Lyanna's child.

But I admire that you want to look for another possible parentage for Jon, but it would be better to look at it as Ned is the father and who the mother could possibly be, N+?=J

I love that the premise of this theory requires Lyanna to have an elephant's gestation period.

Well, I've seen other theories where the premise is that Lyanna gives birth about 9 months after her death, so I'd have to say at least this one is more plausible than that.

Well, everyone knows L stands for Lollys. So it's not impossible.

True, I simply could be misreading the acronym.

Of course, it could also be Loras and Rhaella...oh god! It all makes sense now!

Archived