London Meet-Up Ideas, Post-LA/Pre-Amsterdam

Werthead

Sounds like fun. My own vodka drinking is going to be interrupted by having to leave around 11pm :( Trying to wrangle my aunts into letting me stay at their flat in north London (which is empty at the moment), but not holding out much hope.

I do enjoy the big posters they've put up around Colchester: "Come to London for a night out! Only 45 minutes by train!" Erm, yes, and the last train is at midnight, so you can't have a full night out.

My local train company fails at London :mad:

Wert: I'm completely without a fone at the mo. Long story. Can you meet me at Liverpool St, d'you think? We can sort times the day before or something.

Jesus, how did we cope before mobiles?

Shouldn't be a problem. And I don't know, to be honest.

Sadly, I cannot offer you my number, Seany. :( I am useless on that front at the mo. Let's just agree to be in the pub BY 5pm on Sat and wait there for at least 2 hours before moving anywhere else. Sound okay?

What time are we meeting on Friday though?

What time are we meeting on Friday though?

When do you finish work?

I can meet you near your work and we can head somewhere near victoria or we can all meet near your work and head up to Victoria later, i'm easy. ;)

You know the area by your work best, so you set a time and a place and the rest of us can get there as best we can.

Ok?

P.S. The sat plan is fine by me. Are we going to the pub I suggested or another?

Oooh, this is getting too complex for my tiny girly brain. :P

Friday: I finish at 3.30 usually. But just in case half my lab takes the day off I'd better say 4pm. So, we could meet at 4.30-5.00 ish.

I went to the theatre at Victoria two weeks ago and it was actually surprisingly quick to get from work to there at 5pm (Warren St - Victoria). BUT, we could go down there later, as you say. I'll have a think about decent pubs near my work. There's plenty of choice but this time of year you tend to trip over students wherever you go. The Marlborough Arms is probably a good standby (on Torrington Place, which runs bewteen TCR and Gower St). Leave it with me.

I was just checking out the pub ratings on Fancyapint?.com and they rate the Bricklayers Arms on Gresse St. I've never been in there - so let's go. Woo Hoo! Plus, it says the pub is spread over a few floors and is therefore a good place to lose people you are trying to meet up with. Result!

Sat: yeah, Ye Olde whatsit, it is. We can all gather up there for 5pm and hang around until everyone has turned up.

Oooh, this is getting too complex for my tiny girly brain. :P

Friday: I finish at 3.30 usually. But just in case half my lab takes the day off I'd better say 4pm. So, we could meet at 4.30-5.00 ish.

I went to the theatre at Victoria two weeks ago and it was actually surprisingly quick to get from work to there at 5pm (Warren St - Victoria). BUT, we could go down there later, as you say. I'll have a think about decent pubs near my work. There's plenty of choice but this time of year you tend to trip over students wherever you go. The Marlborough Arms is probably a good standby (on Torrington Place, which runs bewteen TCR and Gower St). Leave it with me.

I was just checking out the pub ratings on Fancyapint?.com and they rate the Bricklayers Arms on Gresse St. I've never been in there - so let's go. Woo Hoo! Plus, it says the pub is spread over a few floors and is therefore a good place to lose people you are trying to meet up with. Result!

Sat: yeah, Ye Olde whatsit, it is. We can all gather up there for 5pm and hang around until everyone has turned up.

But are we still playing tourists earlier on Saturday and doing museums and stuff before meeting up in the pub around 5pm? I'm up for that.

One of my many sisters is coming out with us Sat night . She`s the scary , vodka drinking one . :P

believe me, Ser Mel T is speaking truth regarding this particular sister.

Watch out if SVDS raises her eyebrow just so....

if fact all of the Bennett sisters, er, Ser Mel T's sisters, are quite remarkable women, and all have at least a dash of edginess to their auras.

Yup, we'll definitely hang about for you until then (just need to get Bran to Victoria by about 10pm). Can't promise not to be trolleyed by that point though. :)

ETA: Just wondering if Wert could come out Friday too? What time does he finish work? Because we know he isn't getting up for work on Saturday, don't we?

Hmm. I finish at 5.30 on Friday. The best I could do is get to London for 7-7.30. Not good when I'll have to leave about 11 at the absolute latest, and I'll be knackered. Plus I can only afford one excursion, so all day Saturday sounds better value-for-money than a couple of hours on Friday evening.

Sorry. :(

Archived