R+L=J v100

Jon Weirgaryen

Milk doesn't really come in till a few days after birth, given that the babe is actually nursing. Plus, we can imagine Ned would have dressed her modestly. Maybe even so to cover up that she had changed.

The baby needs to suck in order to get the milk to be ejected, but milk production begins quickly, and a child can be breastfed within a small amount of time after birth.

The baby needs to suck in order to get the milk to be ejected, but milk production begins quickly, and a child can be breastfed within a small amount of time after birth.

I know, I am a new father baby will be 3 months tomorrow, but for her breasts to be noticeably swollen it is not likely. My lady's did grow significantly however not all are the same. Also, large bossoms does not mean more milk any more than small breasts mean less. It depends on stimulation, diet and overall health. It's different for each case.

I know, I am a new father baby will be 3 months tomorrow, but for her breasts to be noticeably swollen it is not likely. My lady's did grow significantly however not all are the same. Also, large bossoms does not mean more milk any more than small breasts mean less. It depends on stimulation, diet and overall health. It's different for each case.

I think we can assume that Lyanna was in pretty poor health leading up to and definitely post-birth so doubtful she'd be breastfeeding.

Probably. The body prepares for such since the 24th week of pregnancy, when the hormone levels start to change, as to let the milk ducts in the breasts grow. After birth, these hormone levels drop, and other hormones will make sure the milk is squeezed into the ducts. From that moment on, breastfeeding can take place. While at first most likely only small amounts of breastmilk will be ejected, breastfeeding can usually occur rather quickly after birth. Within hours..

And time between colostrum to breast milk varies among women. My "milk came in" within 12 hours of giving birth (all three times) after the baby stimulated milk production.

I would think that unless someone knew what Lyanna's breasts looked like before pregnancy, or was knowledgable about breast changes during pregnancy no one could tell on that basis.

I have had this long-standing, maternal wish that as long as Lyanna wasn't so incapacitated immediately after delivery (which is plausible) she'd have had a few chances to nurse.

If Ned went 50 miles a day from ToJ to Starfall... and then back to KL it is still 22 days after Lyanna died.

After 3 weeks:
24} The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can be easily pulled off the corpse
25} The skin cracks and bursts open in many places because of the pressure of Internal gases and the breakdown of the skin itself

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Stages.html

Robert inspecting the gob of rot formerly known as Lyanna would not likely reveal much. But who knows, maybe he wanted some easily available hair and fingernails.

Congratulations!! :D

Indeed, the size of the breasts doesn't really influence it (I love how that is adressed in Dance, btw :) )

And time between colostrum to breast milk varies among women. My "milk came in" within 12 hours of giving birth (all three times) after the baby stimulated milk production.

I would think that unless someone knew what Lyanna's breasts looked like before pregnancy, or was knowledgable about breast changes during pregnancy no one could tell on that basis.

I have had this long-standing, maternal wish that as long as Lyanna wasn't so incapacitated immediately after delivery (which is plausible) she'd have had a few chances to nurse.

Yeah, I was just stating how my study books state it: the "general situation". It will of course differ per person in reality..

Having witnessed that wonderful moment with mine own eyes, I hope so too. I feel as though it is unlikely, however which now makes me sad.

If Ned went 50 miles a day from ToJ to Starfall... and then back to KL it is still 22 days after Lyanna died.

After 3 weeks:

24} The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can be easily pulled off the corpse

25} The skin cracks and bursts open in many places because of the pressure of Internal gases and the breakdown of the skin itself

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Stages.html

Robert inspecting the gob of rot formerly known as Lyanna would not likely reveal much. But who knows, maybe he wanted some easily available hair and fingernails.

Stalker Baratheon keeping hair to sniff, I can see it

Congratulations!! :D

Indeed, the size of the breasts doesn't really influence it (I love how that is adressed in Dance, btw :) )

Yeah, I was just stating how my study books state it: the "general situation". It will of course differ per person in reality..

Thank you! And yes, GRRM is also a phd on-top of historian and fantasy novel author extraordinaire. He's, like, the Jon Snow of real-life

I think her overall health would determine if Jon was breastfeeding.

Not knowing the origins of her fever as they had the typical Medieval mindset, the KG may have kept Jon from her until she was well, and they could be she was free of disease.

And congratulations on fatherhood, many good thoughts for your child :)

They found him still holding her body. Howland Reed, had taken her hand from his, Ned could recall none of it. "I bring her flowers when I can," he said. "Lyanna was... fond of flowers."--aGoT page 40

They has somehow become a wetnurse and a cook already present at the tower. I would like to also add a mangy puppy named Max that had an antler strapped to his head.

He had asked if the kingsguard were truly the finest knights in the Seven Kingdoms. "No longer," he answered,"but once they were a marvel, a shining lesson to the world."---aCoK page 332

Once has now become outside the tower where Lyanna died. I would like to also add at 3:14 in the afternoon.

I think her overall health would determine if Jon was breastfeeding.

Not knowing the origins of her fever as they had the typical Medieval mindset, the KG may have kept Jon from her until she was well, and they could be she was free of disease.

And congratulations on fatherhood, many good thoughts for your child :)

Many thanks!

I actually tried my hardest to name her Lyanna, but my lady was having none of it

Would her breasts not also be swollen to prepare for nursing? (never had a baby...)

The breasts do swell, but the first milk doesn't come in until a couple of days after birth. A substance called 'colostrum' comes in before the milk, and it is very thick, a bit yellow in color and full of antibodies and calories. Newborns only need a few ounces of this in the first day or so. Like others above said, the milk production is stimulated by the baby sucking. However, your body is full of hormones, so you will still make milk even without the baby sucking.

I had two children, and breastfed both. I made more milk than I needed to in the first month, but then my body got used to them and then I only made what my body needed. So the swelling was bad in the first month, but not really after that (unless I skipped a feeding). I also went from a B-cup to a EE-cup for a while (now I'm back down to a B-cup XD).

Many thanks!

I actually tried my hardest to name her Lyanna, but my lady was having none of it

Aw, off all aSoIaF names, Lyanna is one of the loveliest. And congrats to you both on your daughter! Fwiw, it wasn't until 3 months that I felt I was getting out of the newborn phase.

As for my thoughts on Lyanna having a chance to breastfeed Jon, it's pure literary wish-fulfillment on my part. Would I live in Westeros, I'd be a card-carrying member of the drug free birth (well these ladies didn't have the option of pain relief anyway)/ La Leche League movement. ;-)

I tried for Arya too, but Lyanna was a better prospect. I even went Daenerys but she thought that was way out there.

That is fantastic. LOL

Aw, off all aSoIaF names, Lyanna is one of the loveliest. And congrats to you both on your daughter! Fwiw, it wasn't until 3 months that I felt I was getting out of the newborn phase.

As for my thoughts on Lyanna having a chance to breastfeed Jon, it's pure literary wish-fulfillment on my part. Would I live in Westeros, I'd be a card-carrying member of the drug free birth (well these ladies didn't have the option of pain relief anyway)/ La Leche League movement. ;-)

LOL La Leche League Movement

Archived