The most interesting fan theory you've heard?

I like the recently discussed theory that lack of dragons with which to bond with (post Aegon III) may somehow have contributed to the increasingly prevalent mental instability of the Targ kings.

The Others are First Men skinchangers who body-hopped and used ice magic to gain eternal life: that's why they want Craster's sons.

"Yet even in those days we were few. The gods gave us long lives but not great numbers, lest we overrun the world as deer will overrun a wood where there are no wolves to hunt them."

The Others are the wolves, the cosmic answer to the fact that humans have no other check on their numbers, and the price they pay to know greenseeing.

There is a very entertaining read on towerofthehand. The author gives a highly in depth perspective on how he sees the story closing and I for one love it. This is my first post and I am unsure if I can post the link or not but just in case here it is: http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2014/07/03-hero-with-thousand-faces/index.html

There is a very entertaining read on towerofthehand. The author gives a highly in depth perspective on how he sees the story closing and I for one love it. This is my first post and I am unsure if I can post the link or not but just in case here it is: http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2014/07/03-hero-with-thousand-faces/index.html

The thing that bothers me most about this essay is the part speculating that Dany might be Nissa Nissa reborn. In the story, Azor Ahai plunged the sword through his beloved one to create Lightbringer, and I really don't think Jon loves Daenerys. If she were Nissa Nissa reborn, someone who truly loves her should thrust the sword, and that would have to be Jorah whom I really don't see as Azor Ahai reborn. :P

I like honeyed locusts = morning after pill. Came up with that one myself.

Jojen paste has really grown on me too. At first I thought it was absurd and now I am like, "wow, that really does fit" especially after Jojens death on screen.

Also Oberyn poisoned Tywin is really good.

The thing that bothers me most about this essay is the part speculating that Dany might be Nissa Nissa reborn. In the story, Azor Ahai plunged the sword through his beloved one to create Lightbringer, and I really don't think Jon loves Daenerys. If she were Nissa Nissa reborn, someone who truly loves her should thrust the sword, and that would have to be Jorah whom I really don't see as Azor Ahai reborn. :P

But Jon and Dany haven't met yet. That's the point. He can't love her now. But after they meet? They can definitely love each other.

I'd be happy to find out if Richard Lonmouth, Rhaegar's missing ex-squire, is Lem Lemoncloak of the BwB.

That was a really interesting one, I'm indeed hoping to find out more about that.

I like honeyed locusts = morning after pill. Came up with that one myself.

Jojen paste has really grown on me too. At first I thought it was absurd and now I am like, "wow, that really does fit" especially after Jojens death on screen.

Also Oberyn poisoned Tywin is really good.

Jojen dies and doesn't reach the cave in the series.. How does him blowing to pieces on the show connect any thoughts to the Jojen paste?

As to the honeyed locusts, I'm curious.. Dany didn't eat one, so would your theory state that they were meant for Dany, from Hizdhar, to assure that Dany wasn't pregnant with Daario's child? And thus that her miscarriage (if it indeed was one) was a coincidence?

I enjoyed this thread, I think that there are lots of theories that can be drawn but these have some logic that follows more of the typical hero story, and is trying to rely on a George Lucas style. I enjoyed reading it and got the feeling that this is how a hero story is supposed to go, but the GRRM will not follow this structure.

Archived