The most interesting fan theory you've heard?

I've never heard this theory before. Thats super interesting.

I take it you're being sarcastic? The thread ask for the most interesting theory not the newest or most surprising on these boards. It happened to be the most interesting theory I read when I first finished the books and didn't pick it up. That said, when I say Varys being a Blackfyre, that's shorthand for Varys, Illrio or wife, etc.

A personal favorite of mine is that Rhaego's fate is foreshadowing for Jon's. Both would have been Chosen Ones who accomplished great things, they just got murdered first. Now Jon is either dead, UnJon, or the Night's King; and no matter what he will not be saving the world from the others and may in fact prove to be the ultimate villain.

Also that Sandor will dramatically reveal himself and set Robert Strong on fire, only to have him blithely ignore it and cleave Sandor in half with a nine pound greatsword.

That some POV characters don't have their name as the chapter heading because Bran doesn't know their name yet. When Bran gets a better look at them then they get their name, like when Theon visited the heart tree. Basically at the end Bran is going to be revealed as the story narrator.

Archived