R+L=J v.103

Jon Weirgaryen

So when was the war officially over?

War on mainland Westeros would have ended with Ned lifting the siege at Storm's End and the former besiegers all bending the knee to Robert Baratheon (actually Ned in his stead) right there.

eta: since probably not much fighting or none at all happened between the Sack of King's Landing and lifting said siege, it is almost as good to say fightng mostly ended with the Sack.

Then there was the Tower of Joy business.

It went a little longer on Dragonstone: Eight months later, after Stannis had an assault fleet built and a storm smashed the Targaryen fleet at anchor in Scapa Flow Dragonstone, there was a short siege of Dragonstone, which also ended the war there.

eta:

Yes good point about the Dornish, I was wrong when I said the rest of Westeros saw Bob as king.

Oh it was close enough.

reported

So when was the war officially over?

I've seen people argue that it never actually ended and that the Wot5K is just a continuation, including Viserys and Dany trying to get back to Westeros.

But I think it's subjective. I'd say the War ended when Stannis took DS and the Targ children went on the run.

I've seen people argue that it never actually ended and that the Wot5K is just a continuation, including Viserys and Dany trying to get back to Westeros.

But I think it's subjective. I'd say the War ended when Stannis took DS and the Targ children went on the run.

It is very subjective, but the wiki states that the war ended in 283AC, and the taking of Dragonstone wasn't until 284AC. With the wiki also saying "which led to Stark riding out alone to finish the war in the south."

So I think we can safely assume that when the siege was lifted was the official end of the war.

It is very subjective, but the wiki states that the war ended in 283AC, and the taking of Dragonstone wasn't until 284AC. With the wiki also saying "which led to Stark riding out alone to finish the war in the south."

So I think we can safely assume that when the siege was lifted was the official end of the war.

The wiki is useful, but it's also fan made. The problem with using the siege as an end date is that not every house in Westeros acknowledged Robert yet. When did Dorne bend the knee? (and we still have to take DS into consideration...IMO)

The wiki is useful, but it's also fan made. The problem with using the siege as an end date is that not every house in Westeros acknowledged Robert yet. When did Dorne bend the knee? (and we still have to take DS into consideration...IMO)

Well then what does the app say?

Archived