Shameless self-promotion

Greetings all, trust London was splendid. This is a request for guidance. As well as being an actor I'm a singer songwriter, and have just released a single written by me and sung by Daniel Portman, my son who plays Pod. Those are its only connections to Game of Thrones, no more than a curiosity for eclectic fans, though of course we think it's a good song in its own right. Is it acceptable to post links to said single on this board, or is that not a done thing? If the latter, no more shall be said, and please accept my apologies for the intrusion. I've tried finding a way to ask moderators for the forum, but haven't had any luck; probably my lack of message-board savvy. Best to everybody, Ron Donachie.

Hello, I'm not a moderator so I can't say for sure but people in the past have posted links to their music or books they've written so it should be fine. Especially with your and your son's Game of Thrones association and as you have a history with this group and aren't just coming to us for the first time to advertise.

It would probably be best to post in the Entertainment section of the board since the song isn't Game of Thrones related itself:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/17-entertainment/

Also, if you did want to contact a moderator, they are all listed here:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

There is an option to send a message to any of them.

Hope that helps. It was very nice to meet you in Chicago a couple of years ago at WorldCon.

Always a pleasure to stand behind you when you're relaying news, Mr Donachie, I hope we'll get you back to TitanCon some year where I can ply you with more mead and we can have more of that singing.

I'll repost this reply in any topic that appears in the Entertainment section, but while it's still here can I just say I bought the single and I enjoyed it. Folk isn't generally to my taste, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Ok, that's my "shilling" done, haha :leaving:

Archived