Dany can Cripple the Slave Trade completely before she leaves Meereen.

Suzanna Stormborn

yes, i think GRRM should let her save face and allow a free-meereen... The only player in town is the shavepate, which is not neccesary a great solution (at least not for the old nobility), but his powerbase half consist of freedmen.. he can hardly put dany´s people back in chains as would the great masters.

Skahaz is such a Littlefinger! But on the other hand, the shavepates/brazen beasts would be a decent choice.

That would disgust me, as would the idea that she'd burn all the slaver cities. She'd free the slaves by killing them all and destroying their cultures?

I'm not saying she'll burn the city. Her dragons will burn the city.

Let's not forget Rhaegal and Viserion are around.

I think her dragons will help in the battle, But they arent big enough yet to burn down a whole city by themselves I dont think.

They don't need to burn the whole city. Just burn some parts and the fire will do the rest.

Actually, it's amazing how fast this thread turned into a thread about completely different things.

Anyways, back on topic

1) Dany will not return to Qarth for plot reasons and even if she does she will not be able to conquer it.

2) Dany will not be able to conquer the Basilisk Islands. Nor New Ghis, probably.

3) Qartheen and Ghiscari are rich. Hence, great demand

4) No slaves in Slaver's Bay and no Dothraki providing slaves, so little supply

5) Lots of demand for slaves & Few slaves ---> Slave suppliers and slave trainers make more money

6) More money makes other people want to be slavers

7) More slavers and a new slave market in Ghaen, New Ghis or Great Moraq.

/thread

I'm not saying she'll burn the city. Her dragons will burn the city.

Let's not forget Rhaegal and Viserion are around.

The previous quote theorized that she'd burn every slaver city to the ground, which to be fair makes sense from a strategic perspective but would make me loathe and despise her character. Is GRRM really going to go down that road with her? She'd be the biggest mass murderer in the history of Planetos.

1. Because she didn't even make an effort to make her post (which was a reply) into a proper OP, as evidenced by the fact that her last paragraph discusses olive trees.

2. Ever heard of Basilisk Islanders? I guess the Corsair King's gonna get fabulously rich, thanks to Dany.

Corsairs are much easier for a Westerosi monarch to deal with than are Dothraki hordes on the ground in Essos. Especially a monarch with dragons, which wooden ships cannot withstand. I suspect a dragon raid on their main base of operations would remove them as a serious threat promptly. And if Dany doesn't want to take her babies that far afield, the same thing could be accomplished with a fleet and a couple of sellsword companies.

Corsairs make trouble for merchants and small fleets because they aren't significant enough for any sovereign to make a major effort to eradicate them, but they aren't invulnerable. If they are the reason the slave trade continues, and the sovereign of Westeros is bound and determined to end the slave trade, they will encounter major problems. Like death.

Corsairs are much easier for a Westerosi monarch to deal with than are Dothraki hordes on the ground in Essos. Especially a monarch with dragons, which wooden ships cannot withstand. I suspect a dragon raid on their main base of operations would remove them as a serious threat promptly. And if Dany doesn't want to take her babies that far afield, the same thing could be accomplished with a fleet and a couple of sellsword companies.

Corsairs make trouble for merchants and small fleets because they aren't significant enough for any sovereign to make a major effort to eradicate them, but they aren't invulnerable. If they are the reason the slave trade continues, and the sovereign of Westeros is bound and determined to end the slave trade, they will encounter major problems. Like death.

Plus, and I forgot to put this in the OP......What if Gerion Lannister is in fact the Corsair King? many people speculate as such, I personally believe it. If he is, I'm sure he will be happy to take the side of his dwarf nephew.

Plus, and I forgot to put this in the OP......What if Gerion Lannister is in fact the Corsair King? many people speculate as such, I personally believe it. If he is, I'm sure he will be happy to take the side of his dwarf nephew.

Speaking of the dwarf nephew, as much as I like the idea of him claiming his legacy at Casterly Rock, he would be the ideal man to leave behind in Slaver's Bay. Brilliant, pragmatic, politically astute and ruthless when necessary. Tyrion would've found the damn Harpy a long time ago, by hook or by crook.

(I really hate to suggest that. George, give him the Rock!)

I strongly doubt that the Corsair King is the only King of the Basilisk Pirates especially if he is in fact Gerion.

Well yes, if she burns down all three slaving cities, the trade will probably stop. But that does not seem like a healthy choice....

No it wouldn't, the whole of Essos save Braavos uses slaves, they would probably start collecting their own slaves or create a new market area.

No it wouldn't, the whole of Essos save Braavos uses slaves, they would probably start collecting their own slaves or create a new market area.

Maybe you didnt see this;

Dany and XXD in Meereen;

"Meereen will be rich and fat and peaceful once again, and free as well. Go to the Dothraki if you must have slaves."

"Dothraki make slaves, Ghiscari train them. And to reach Qarth, the horselords must needs drive their captives across the red waste. Hundreds would die, if not thousands.....and many horses too, which is why no khal will risk it."--XXD

And I am talking about the current slave trade, not something that will happen after the books are finished. She could halt it for a while, which is more than anyone else has ever done.

Maybe you didnt see this;

Dany and XXD in Meereen;

"Meereen will be rich and fat and peaceful once again, and free as well. Go to the Dothraki if you must have slaves."

"Dothraki make slaves, Ghiscari train them. And to reach Qarth, the horselords must needs drive their captives across the red waste. Hundreds would die, if not thousands.....and many horses too, which is why no khal will risk it."--XXD

And I am talking about the current slave trade, not something that will happen after the books are finished. She could halt it for a while, which is more than anyone else has ever done.

I don't think the Dothraki are the only ones making slaves.

Because let's not forget Jorah and Tyrion were made slaves, and not by Dothraki.

Archived