True Detective X - Bring Ginger Into Your Heart (Season One spoilers, Season Two speculation / casting)

SpaceChampion

I think they both can pull it off. But...I was under the impression they are going to introduce a female detective this season. I was kind of looking forward to that.

Same, that's a little disappointing.

Colin Farrell has done good work. Never been a Vince Vaughn fan, but In HBO I Trust.

Same, that's a little disappointing.

Colin Farrell has done good work. Never been a Vince Vaughn fan, but In HBO I Trust.

Yeah I heard some Jessica Chastain rumors and was quite happy about it but well they haven't given us reason to doubt them yet so...I look forward to it.

Colin Farell was just perfect In Bruges (which is one of my top 5 movies ever) so I'm really excited by the prospect of seing him in TD !

I think he can be good with good scripts and he may use this as an opportunity to show his skill. Vince Vaughn is harder to guage. I'd basically say that Farell and Vaughn are like lesser versions of Mcog and Woody. Woody has done his fair share of joke roles (with some decent roles) like Vaughn (not aware of good serious roles by him) and Farell can act but has been collecting the hollywood easy money for the most part (Mcog).

Jessica Chastain would be more than welcome in the show but I'd think with her theatre roles she wouldn't be too bothered with TV on top of hollywood. Plus she said she'd like to play a superhero lead and I'd be amazed if Marel haven't been on the phone to her yet.

They haven't ditched the female sheriff character, they just haven't announced it yet. Apparently they're looking at Jessica Biel, Oona Chaplin, Brit Marling, Kelly Reilly, Malin Akerman, and Jamie Alexander, but the favorite is Rosario Dawson. Vaugh isn't a detective, looks like an antagonist character. The other male detective is probably Taylor Kitsch.

Casting so far isn't doing it for me. Taylor Kitsch really? I haven't seen Friday night lights yet, but everything else so far he hasn't really impressed me. Oh well, we'll see where it goes. I suppose it's unlikely that the show will air in the same slot as the first season?

I don't think anyone knows yet. Details are still pretty vague.

Hmmmmmm... my like or dislike of the casting may depend on this bit of information...Vaughn as a mob boss of sorts in the 21st century? Easier to buy than him as a mob boss in 1920... just saying...

Article linked above mentions being a career criminal...

Maybe I was thinking of the murder victim was the crooked politician? Not sure where I remember seeing something about that.

On another note, the director of the Fast and the Furious movies, really? At this point I will be absolutely shocked if S2 comes anywhere close to the quality of S1.

Casting so far isn't doing it for me. Taylor Kitsch really? I haven't seen Friday night lights yet, but everything else so far he hasn't really impressed me. Oh well, we'll see where it goes. I suppose it's unlikely that the show will air in the same slot as the first season?

You know absolutely nothing about the greatness of Taylor Kitsch then.

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose !!!!

On another note, the director of the Fast and the Furious movies, really? At this point I will be absolutely shocked if S2 comes anywhere close to the quality of S1.

He's only doing the first two eps and I'm sure he will be good. Interested to see what other directors they will line up. My expectations aren't shot at all. I have 100% faith in HBOs casting tbh and the choices announced so far have done nothing to dent that..I thinks its funny people are already kinda writing season 2 off.

Archived