Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

Here you go guys, debate away. Version 4 is now at 200 pages, we need a new one.

Latest news:

Myranda actress confirmed for S5.

Source (Patchface) suggesting Kevan, Lancel, Gendry and Jaquen are in and that Manderley insignia found.

No Hodor?

*edit to state that the source suggesting Manderley insignia found was poster on WOTW Patchface and not corroborated*

And to chip in to the ongoing debate. I think Myranda is covering the Yellow Dick and henchmen parts and that's what she's back for. Can't see her being used as sweet FA myself but if they did they'd have to change her significantly.

I like the way she has been used. They've made Ramsey prettier and they've made his henchmen into a beautiful psychopathic woman. It's an interesting side character and a nice change from the books that I have no problem with at all. If they use her for the Yellow Dick death in Winterfell and some Theon abuse it would work well I think.

If they are going to use her as FA which I can't see they'll really have to change her character massively and how in the hell would they use that to fool the other lords at the same time? Show would need to do some good work if they are to pull it off.

^That was claimed by a poster on wotw called Patchface. He's been right about some things but pretty vague about other things. He said "the Manderly insignia has been spotted" or something to that effect. Of course he didn't say who had spotted it or anything else, so I have my doubts.

^That was claimed by a poster on wotw called Patchface. He's been right about some things but pretty vague about other things. He said "the Manderly insignia has been spotted" or something to that effect. Of course he didn't say who had spotted it or anything else, so I have my doubts.

Thank you. I must have missed that and whilst I am not certain about Patchface, it does give me hope.

Happy to see the return of Myranda, the most attractive woman on the show outside of Dany. As long as they don't make her fake Arya, which I doubt will happen.

I actually see it as a possibility.

The hunting the girl scene in s4 was basically Ramsay with his new girlfriend hunting down and killing his old girlfriend. There are very very good reasons to be terrified of Ramsay, and if you were Myranda, in his power, you would play along with whatever he wanted. On the surface this would make you seem to be a collaborator, but that might not be who Myranda actually is. The show wouldn't actually have too hard a time turning the situation around to show she is just like Reek: someone doing what she does entirely out of fear.

She looks quite enough like Arya to be fArya.

I also am slightly wondering if Myranda actually IS Myranda Royce, which would have crazy implications for the Vale storyline.

Myranda was an evil murdering bitch in season 4. I don't see how Theon saving her would be some kind of redeeming act on his part. Making her Farya would be worse than not having Farya.

Typical D&D though if they went with that, they all too frequently seem to get the plot almost correct, but miss the essence of the story by getting a key element wrong, and thereby miss the point entirely. (See no Tysha, see Jaime/Cersei's encounter at Joffrey's casket, etc.)

I actually see it as a possibility.

The hunting the girl scene in s4 was basically Ramsay with his new girlfriend hunting down and killing his old girlfriend. There are very very good reasons to be terrified of Ramsay, and if you were Myranda, in his power, you would play along with whatever he wanted. On the surface this would make you seem to be a collaborator, but that might not be who Myranda actually is. The show wouldn't actually have too hard a time turning the situation around to show she is just like Reek: someone doing what she does entirely out of fear.

She looks quite enough like Arya to be fArya.

I also am slightly wondering if Myranda actually IS Myranda Royce, which would have crazy implications for the Vale storyline.

I don't know, Hippocras. It would take some Emmy worthy writing to turn Myranda around. In season 4 she seemed perfectly happy murdering Tansy, and her reactions to Tansy becoming dog food were also not very enlightening. I think if they ever intended to use her as fArya, they would have written her differently in season 3 and especially in season 4. As is, she seems completely irredeemable to the point where it just makes a whole lot of more sense to just cast a new character as a Northern girl instead of trying to flip Myranda around which would take a lot of screen time and would definitely be a hit-or-miss.

She does have the look, though. If D&D wanted to, they could use Hollywood magic to age her down on the outside and she could look around 16 or 17 compared to Arya's 13 or 14. So in a sense, she could have made a solid fArya if D&D didn't make her into a psychotic manipulating sex machine. It's going to be very hard to feel bad for her, honestly.

I'm sure they have something up their sleeves for fArya. My assumption is that the lovely Myranda will keep up her role as nasty henchwoman. Still, I have no idea what she would be up to as late as eps. 509 and 510, one of which she's in if Charlotte Hope's CV is accurate.

I don't know, Hippocras. It would take some Emmy worthy writing to turn Myranda around. In season 4 she seemed perfectly happy murdering Tansy, and her reactions to Tansy becoming dog food were also not very enlightening. I think if they ever intended to use her as fArya, they would have written her differently in season 3 and especially in season 4. As is, she seems completely irredeemable to the point where it just makes a whole lot of more sense to just cast a new character as a Northern girl instead of trying to flip Myranda around which would take a lot of screen time and would definitely be a hit-or-miss.

She does have the look, though. If D&D wanted to, they could use Hollywood magic to age her down on the outside and she could look around 16 or 17 compared to Arya's 13 or 14. So in a sense, she could have made a solid fArya if D&D didn't make her into a psychotic manipulating sex machine. It's going to be very hard to feel bad for her, honestly.

Don't get me wrong - it is not the solution I am rooting for. I think another fArya would be a better move. But the reason for Myranda's inclusion so far is not all that clear. Maybe she is just there to show that Ramsay tortures and kills people when he tires of them? Who knows. In any case she is either fArya or is destined for a horrid death, whether we like her and sympathize with her or not.

Remember though - even if we didn't see it, LF turned Jeyne into a whore. They discuss her "preparation" for her role as Ramsay's fake Arya sex slave. So if fArya in the show is not all that pure, it is actually derived somewhat from the book - aside from the seeming to be sadistic Homolka-like collaborator part.

Archived